I would like to change it just enough so that it wont possibly be recognized, but the facts are true. Then the policeman said to the driver, We will report this to your company and take appropriate action., The bus driver started to cry. Also see "Answering Gospel Questions." Vaughn J. Featherstone - Bibliography - List of Talks Talks by Vaughn J. Featherstone Show Timeline Presiding Bishopric - 2nd Counselor (6 Apr 1972 - 1 Oct 1976) 6 Apr 1972 A Challenge to the Priesthood General Conference 7 Oct 1972 The Sure Word of God General Conference 6 Apr 1973 "Now Abideth Faith, Hope, and Charity" General Conference Jun 1973 Id ten times rather be stripped of all of my limbs than have that happen to me. I hope you feel about that story the way I am trying to convey it to you. Ive done that more times than I can tell youembarrassed, bitterly embarrassed, every single time. It was found in a baking powder can wired to the handle of an old pump that offered the only hope of drinking water in a very long, seldom-used trail across the Armagosa Desert. Anyway, the branch president invited me in, we talked for a while, and he said, Go out and send the taxi away. No one pointed at my shoes. All I have to do is hear one note of a song of any bird, and I can tell you what bird it is and finish the song of the bird for you. I see it in their eyes and feel it when they speak, and they must pay for it and be punished. I know they are honest and upright men, but I dont believe in a God who would not keep his promises. Jun 29 ,2022. vaughn j featherstone excommunicateddoist salary calculator near paris. Id go off to church that way, and everything was fine until those shoes wore out. This quote is taken fromCamelot. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. The fact is that the whole thing is afabrication. She didnt give up on us; she stuck with us. And all that you dream and you scheme is about it; I cant tell you how embarrassed I was. (I should mention that we met in a little shabby roomgray, dull, dingyand one of the women who taught us was about the same age as the man and was blind.) I have a formula for success that I quote quite often, and some of you might have heard it, but let me, for those few who havent heard it, go back through it again. If dogged and grim, you besiege and beset it, youll get it! por el obispo Vaughn J. Featherstone Segundo Consejero en el Obispado Presidente. By God, Excalibur, I shall be a King! Have faith! The Vaughn J. Featherstone Letter About the Second Coming Christian Homestead 13.8K subscribers Join Subscribe 248 Share Save 10K views 10 months ago KANSAS Vaughn J. Featherstone's. I came across a letter that I thought would interest you. This is also how[Page 313]Enslen stated it was used by Church leaders in the South in the years after 1983.15The language in these two portions of Featherstones letter are distinct. Timmy was a moronat least thats what his teacher told himso she had him transferred out of her class into a class where they did teach morons. Monday nights were reserved for family night, and Friday nights were exclusively for Sister Featherstone. Ive tried to compensate for it. My goal is not to criticize ElderFeatherstone or to disparage sincere Latter-day Saints among them presumably this videos creator who like myself are eager to be present for our Saviors coming. Is there any doubt of their devotion . In 1993, an institute director contacted Elder Featherstone to confirm that this was agenuine statement. Not too long ago a news item came over from Scotland. And so I said, Very good, Spike, Id like to. So I went over to Primary with him, and after I had been there a short time, a year or so, I remember noticing a little box the Primary leaders checked off to show whether you were baptized or not. It happens. In his April 1997 Ensign article entitled, Enduring Well Elder Neal A. Maxwell is on record as saying, An angel, whose identity we do not know, came to strengthen Him. He retreated to a lonely room where he did some great mental struggling within himself. Here are all of you wonderful young people at BYUall getting the thing that Ive longed for and hungered for. The passengers agreed that the driver had been trying to force the black cabbie off the road. Featherstone spoke on the importance of temple attendance in the last dispensation, when Satan has unleashed every evil. He was also quoted as saying, Ibelieve we may well have living on the earth now, or very soon, the boy or babe who will be the prophet of the Church when the Savior comes. And then one little gal came up, stood back and looked at me, and said, You know, you really dont have a big nose.. They werent the best shoes. Lord Byron Buckingham said, Make my heart like transparent crystals so that others may look into my heart and see the foulest deed my heart does hold. When I am in the presence of the Brethren I feel as if they can see inside of me anyway, and so theres nothing to hide. Montemayor describes Featherstones statements on the Second Coming as aphenomenal prophecy. See Millennial Reign, 7 Year Tribulation in the SEVENTH Seal TIMELINE, 48:43. Iconsider the claims made about this letter from arecent viral video entitled 7 Year Tribulation in the SEVENTH Seal TIMELINE.. Vaughn J. Featherstone January 03, 2012. I would imagine there are many young women here today who are concerned that Im twenty-two and Im not married yet or Im twenty-five and not married. That isnt all that serious. Proposition[and I feel this way about my sons]: If I could choose from every man who breathes on this earth a man for my brother and a man for my son, a man for my friend, they would all be Lance. Elder McConkie would not have said what he did, in is final inspired address, unless he believed he was correct, but he was familiar enough with church policy to know that it was not his place to declare his views as those of the Church, spoken in general conference. Then he said, Id like to give you a blessing also. I didnt ask for the blessing; he just volunteered it. Everything had hinged on that one interview, and God had been there. In my own studies of Elder Featherstones messages, which I love, I have found that, like anyone, he could extemporaneously misquote scripture badly and got various things wrong on occasion. I wouldnt dare tell you, Ill teach you how to live with it, because you would say, as Doug Snarr did, Youre no good! I dont like that answer. 18. Vaughn J Featherstone: used books, rare books and new books Youve put a time limit on the Lord. Quotes by Vaughn J Featherstone | Best Quotes of All Time What I am saying is that if the Lord will take a scroungy little kid like that, who had to wear nurses shoes to church and had to go and beg for groceries, and if he will make him a high councilor or a stake president or the second counselor in the Presiding Bishopric, can you believe what he would do for you? This copy, rather than having been sent to Salt Lake in 1983, was donated by then senior missionary JohnE.Enslen on February 15, 2010. Vaughn J. Featherstone - ensign.edu If you could hear Douglas Snarr talk today, you would find that he speaks about as fast as I do, and I speak very fast. So I asked if I could be baptized. Then at the meeting he was just as nervous as he could possibly be until they finally called on him to speak. The photocopy digital information was uploaded by Elder JohnE.Enslen from the Church History Department.8This is misleading. vaughn j featherstone excommunicated I tried to compensate by buying books, and I have thousandsI dont know how many books. One of President RussellM.Nelsons key messages to the Saints seems to be the significance of the Restoration leading to the Second Coming. when will wendy williams return; list of gift cards in thailand; jackson hole lacrosse; jimmy kimmel band members; tractor supply cub cadet yellow paint; porque mi ex me sigue hablando; maxwell funeral home obituaries manahawkin; MS22631. Yes, I love them. Find This Book I shant be wounded and not return it in kind. Find signed collectible books by 'Vaughn J Featherstone' The Aaronic priesthood and you. If in my limited way I could see all that she had gone through and feel all that she had suffered enough, God would know much more than I ever could what suffering she should go through, the depth of it, and then at the right time he would not withhold those blessings from her. Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, 87, dies - Church News But I havent, and so I have been embarrassed. To add more books, click here . . In Lunds words, The scholars disagree on exactly how many years the earth has undergone since the Fall of Adam, however, so it cannot be said that the Millennium will occur in the year 2,000 A.D. (as some enthusiastic interpreters of scripture would like to conclude).23McConkie similarly stated, that we cannot tell with certainty how many years passed from the fall of Adam to the birth of Jesus, nor whether the number of years counted by our present calendar has been tabulated without error.24. The Version table provides details related to the release that this issue/RFE will be addressed. It is simply not an approved publication of the Church and its contents are only the opinions of the author, even though he be a general authority. I went downstairs, and the teacher had us sit in a big half-circle. You can imagine how I felt. Ican see temples in Charlotte, Columbia, Birmingham, Jackson, Nashville, and in Louisiana and Arkansas. When the light turned green, the driver started inching up until the bus window was right against Dougs nose. I had told my dad I would like to go to this speech school in Chicago. Her father came to the door and said, What do you want, young man?, Douglas explained how he felt at the time: I tried to say what I wanted, but I couldnt. Vaughn J Featherstonewas born on month day1931, at birth place, Utah, to Stephen Elvin Featherstoneand Emma Marie Featherstone (born Johnson). As he pulled it out, he noticed that it caught all the different hues of the rainbow, so he took it in the house and set it on his mantel. I also recall an incident that ties into the subject Id like to lead into in a minute. We dont know what we can really do for you, Doug, but I will tell you this: we can teach you how to live with the problem.. I went back to the taxi and told the driver to take me to that address. Genealogy profile for Vaughn J Featherstone. I put a new sucker washer into it, and it ought to last for five years. Those wanting a fairly recent taste of his teachings and speaking style might enjoy listening. Anything in Elder Featherstones letter that is wrong, is simply that, wrong. If youll simply go after the thing that you want with all your capacity, Weve been married five years, but we have no children. His life "was a daily manifestation of faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ." Newsletters Subscribe for free and get daily or weekly updates straight to your inbox Church News Today At about that same time we couldnt afford much clothing either. I couldnt move. Not one of them looked at me. You know, there are those few people who just seem to lift right up to the top, above everyone else, and you think, If only I had their talent. Vaughn J. Featherstone | Beggar's Bread Home About Beggar's Bread Essential and Non-Essential Doctrines of the Christian Faith Moderation Policy Beggar's Bread Beggars sharing the bread that they've so freely and graciously received Stay updated via RSS Recent Posts The 10 Myths Mormons Believe About Christianity: Epilogue vaughn j featherstone excommunicated I was looking all the time. This is the thing that beautified the earth. But as we start doing the things which cause the Spirit to withdraw from us, then we lose our ability to judge. They raised six children together, five sons and one daughter. So they went out and dug in the sands nearby, and with almost every shovelful of sand, they turned up more diamonds. Please click Sign In to try again. He died a couple of years ago. Later on my mother and father were divorced. Furthermore, should any such idea have come into my mind, it would not have stood unchallenged with the President of the Church seated immediately behind me. After I was married, my husband was called to be a seventy. To work day and night for it, I surely dont know as much as all those people in that other class. When I was 19 1/2, I went to the bishop and asked, Bishop, can I go on a mission?. And a civilized king. I wanted to pray, but the words wouldnt come. When I was eighteen my mother died, and I had four younger brothers and sisters. Elder JohnE.Enslen, To Any Who May Be Interested, (letter, February 15, 2010). Thats a great story relating to what I would like to talk to you about tonight: the acres of diamonds each of you has as an individual. I didnt think the Lord would be pleased with my working, and we really didnt need both incomes, so I stopped working. That the Millennium would occur after six thousand years of the Earths temporal existence[Page 315]was aposition held by Gerald Lund inThe Coming of the Lordas well as BruceR.McConkie inMillennial Messiah. I watched, but, do you know, not one of those eight-and nine-year-old children in that class laughed at me. [FairMormon has received several questions about this recently, so we were pleased to see Interpreter publish this essay by Christopher J. Blythe. As far as I know, perhaps the last major public address Elder Featherstone gave was to BYU Idaho in 2013, as found here. Charity is the pure love of Christ, when you dont mind being embarrassed, when all you can think about is the good of the people. Featherstone was born in Stockton, Tooele County, Utah. Vaughn J. Featherstone (born March 23, 1931) is an emeritus general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Iam not interested in refuting this idea, but it is based on aspeculative calculation of scripture rather than an independent revelation. One returned missionary who served in Oklahoma recalls having acopy in the early 1990s. He kept waving, and pretty soon I succumbed to the temptation and looked over at him. Of course they saw those nurses shoes that I had to wear to church. He stood up, put his arm out, and then he put it down. You have a great deal to offer. What if in five years and six months you get pregnant, and then you have this child? Vaughn J Featherstone | Religion Wiki | Fandom He is very successful, and hes been a pushera driver. He remembered in particular one summer night when he went up to his girlfriends house. Isnt that easy? Hermanos del sacerdocio, hermanas de la Sociedad de Socorro, el presidente Henry D. Moyle siempre recomendaba que cuando alguien habla deberamos sacar tres conclusiones de su mensaje. He said he had never seen or heard of it. Enslen had only acquired this letter the week previous.9However, Enslen, who was serving in an Alabama stake presidency in 1983, recalled that he had heard Featherstone read this letter at ameeting in Alabama ashort time after the letters date.10We have no way of knowing whether Featherstone shared his letter with other general authorities, but its inclusion in the Church History Library does not imply it came with any official approval. Proposition: Im a king, not a man. If the problem persists, copy the info under View Details and paste it into the Feedback form opened from the side of the screen. Learn how . If Im fired from this, I dont know what Ill do., And then big, old, soft-hearted Doug said, If youll go over and apologize to that black driver, it will all be forgotten. So the bus driver went over and apologized to the black driver and got back in his bus, and it was all forgotten. She has since joined and been through the temple, but then she wasnt even a member of the Church. Vaughn J. Featherstone (March 26, 1931 - May 12, 2018) was a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) from 1972 until his death. He started his remarks by reading apassage from the Book of Jeremiah describing the Millennium, when they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them.21Featherstone then said, It is my conviction that most of you will live to see that day.22Montemayor also pointed to this passage as confirmation of Featherstones letter. In the past, when this letter circulated among the Saints, it was usually to discuss Featherstones prophecy of the American South, rather than his statements on the Second Coming. JDK-8141210 : Very slow loading of JavaScript file with recent JDK I have come to love him just because of his story. What if it isnt for five years and nine months? https://byui-media.ldscdn.org/byui_ft/devo_audio/15_10_2013_Devo.mp3. He didnt care; hes just prejudiced. Then he stood about six inches in front of the bus. Learn more about the role of the Holy Ghost in your pursuit of truth and how to become a more self-reliant gospel learner. The ushers started coming down the aisle, they got to our row, and everybody got up and left. Pour out about one-fourth and let er soak to wet the leather. He has been a general authority of the church since 1972. Elder Featherstones testimony, however, was really founded when he was fifteen years old. The video presents alast days timeline that places the Second Coming in the very near future. But it was irresistible; they had to look. Is that really you? To have the privilege of having lunch with him was something very exciting to me, and we arranged to have dinner a week from this Friday, so my wife and I are going to have the privilege of spending more time with him and finding out more about him. When I was invited to accept this assignment, I looked to it as a great honor and one to which hopefully I can contribute something. I heard President Brown make a statement a long time ago: If I could choose from all the times in the history of the earth to live, it would be about fifty years later than I was born. Do you know what that means? Could it possibly be civilized to love myself above all? His name is Douglas Snarr. I turned to the man and said, Youre no good! Then I turned and left. A short time after that I went one day to see my sweet mother. Finally they even operated a little bit, did some plastic surgery, and may have taken a hump out of a place or two. [1] His parents divorced when he was growing up. I am satisfied with it. What the artist had just discovered was that, if he was satisfied with the picture, he didnt know how to improve. When the taxi tried to pass the bus again, the bus driver swerved right over in front of the taxi. We appreciated your talkand so forth. God bless each one of you that youll feel your sense of worth, that youll understand who you really are. Although Ido not know the time, Ilook forward to the Lords coming.26. is prank calling illegal in arizona. Does it always have to be me? But when I looked into her face and saw the heavy heart she had, Id say, Ill go. So Id take the list, and Id go out and get our old red wagon with the tires worn off and the rims worn flat. And then it went rolling off through the universe. I think we need to keep our teeth sparkling white, and I think we need to groom ourselves so that at least someone will take a second look at us. He said, I just suggest you get married. So I did, and we have this lovely family. Several years ago, a man by the name of Russell Conwell wrote a great book,Acres of Diamonds, taken from his lectures. The reason I tell it in the temple is that the General Authorities can see right into me. So the fellow behind him shouted out the window, Move the trash can, pilgrim!. You have to have a lot of faith because each of you is someone special. 13. When I arrived, I rang the doorbell, and a man came to the door with his little girl right behind him. Vaughn J. Featherstones humble beginnings gave him an intense appreciation for the gospel and its blessings. We think weve got something that will be worthwhile in this class, and I promise you that Ill never call on you again. The teachers comment was worse because it made me feel like a spectacle., Doug wanted to do something about his stuttering, but that just accentuated the problem. Introduction to Gospel Topics - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Many of you are covenant children. You may feel like what we talked about earlier, or you may have a physical ailment of some kind that causes you not to be all that you think you ought to be. My wife is expecting. I dashed over to church half an hour early, and it worked. 2 Years of Service and 10 Years of Experience with Happy Clients / Customers. What of their pain and their torment? A few months after the contest, this girl was married, and a short time later she had five children. Then I said, My-name-is-Doug-Snarr. There would be drunks and others lying on benches out in the park, but Id go out and put the newspaper over my arm while reading or talking to myself, with my arm moving back and forth under the paper with every syllablepracticing! Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved. Can you begin to understand how I feel about her? lauren conrad and stephen colletti /; 2. Nor sickness of pain to body or brain can turn you away from the aim He was born March 26, 1931, in the small town of Stockton, Utah. It is okay not to know, its okay that Elder McConkie didnt know, he just simply speculated. Ibelieve when the Lord says no man knows, it really means[Page 317]that no man knows. The words wouldnt come. You should be extremely wary of anyone who claims to be an exception to divine decree.27, Though Ihave questioned the significance VaughnJ.Featherstones letter should play into our sense of the nearness of last days events, that does not mean we dont have reason to prepare and enthusiastically look forward to the Lords return. Vaughn Featherstone Obituary (1931 - 2018) - Salt Lake City, UT When any man holds twixt hand and chin a violin of mine, he will be glad that Stradivari lived, made violins, and made them of the best. As they walked along the banks of these rivers, they saw beautiful white sands and the old Arab guide told story after story, kind of like a modern-day barber. 21. His idea kind of wraps up what Doug said about his experience: You see, Im a stutterer, and Ive spent twenty-five years of my life doing a pretty good job of it. The Temple is a Fortress of the Lord - Temple Study Vaughns father was the only member of the Church in the family and had been inactive for some time, so it was through a friends invitation to Primary that Vaughn first came to church. Vaughn J. Featherstone - Unionpedia, the concept map You swim and swim and finally get there, but when you reach out to take hold of it he pulls it away from you again. These members, traditional Protestant and Catholic Christians are being prepared right now. Abstract: In this essay, I examine a letter written by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone in 1983 and deposited in the cornerstone of the Atlanta Georgia Temple. Would you please do that?, I would look up at her, and Id say, Mother, why do I always have to go? And Iwould humbly suggest to you, my young brothers and sisters, that if we do not know, then nobody knows, no matter how compelling their arguments or how reasonable their calculations. Books by Vaughn J. Featherstone The Incomparable Christ: Our Master and Model Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.19 - $ 4.69 Repentance Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.69 - $ 4.79 Charity Never Faileth Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 3.99 The Aaronic Priesthood and You Vaughn J. Featherstone Out of Stock Man of Holiness Vaughn J. Featherstone $ 4.69 - $ 4.79 If gladly youll sweat for it, fret for it, plan for it, It has been cross-posted with permission. 9. I was afraid of failure, which could compound itself eventually into total retreat from reality. If you only knew some of the great people of the earth and what they have accomplished. vaughn j featherstone excommunicated. Perhaps, but before I was a genius I was a drudge. Alexander Hamilton said, All the genius I may have is merely the fruit of labor and thought. Dorothea Brand wrote a whole book,Wake Up and Live, to get across one simple formula for success: Act as though it were impossible to fail. Shouldnt we in Gods kingdom act as though it were impossible to fail? In The Incomparable Christ: Our Master and Model, Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone of the First Quorum of the Seventy discusses the Savior's role in the Plan of Salvation, the Savior and the temple, the Savior and emotions, praying through the Savior, the Savior's mercy, the depth of the Atonement, the power of charity, our need to . I threw my arms around her and said, Id give anything in the world to have had you there with us this morning. She just couldnt make it. Be it sin or not sin, they betray me in their hearts, and thats far sin enough. If we have that kind of attitude it doesnt matter what we go through, our reward is certain in the next life. So can we use this scientific data to extrapolate that the Second Coming is likely to occur during the next few years, or the next decade, or the next century? I can tell you when the eggs are laid, and when they hatch, what color they are, and the different varieties. He went on and on. Oh, I think about birds all the time, he answered. If it does not, it is not. Later on a member of the stake presidency gave me a blessing and promised me that my health would be increased, but my health isnt any better. The Arab concluded his story by saying that Ali Hafids farm was the Golconda mine, the richest diamond mine in all the history of the world. He has an exciting way of speaking, without the slightest trace of a problem. I was talking to one of the members of the Church down there, waving my arm but carrying on a regular conversation. Vaughn J. Featherstone - EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki I used to go out and sit in the park with a newspaper. 218 University Press Building Then, one Sunday about nine weeks later, I had a regression. Copies have been in circulation for many years, and the letter has similarities to other statements that Elder Featherstone made during his ministry.14John Enslen recalls its being read in ameeting in the mid-1980s. Ido not mean to suggest that Featherstones letter is aforgery or that it has been repudiated by Church authorities. I went through them, but I could find only one pair of shoes that would fit me. It was on the day Merlene and I were married. I think the answer is just to bide your time the way you should, and the Lord will do for you that which is best for you. Three or four weeks later, the old Buddhist priest came by, entered the house, and soon spotted this rock on the mantel. I thought, Ill put my feet back under the pew so no one can see them, and then Ill wait till everyone leaves. 2. Note: Below is an excerpt from a book entitled "The Incomparable Christ: Our Master and Model" by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, an emeritus member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, that he entitled "Holiness to the Lord." The book was published in 1995. Doug jumped out of the back seat of the taxi and ran around to the window of the bus. [Page 314]Importantly, when areworked version of AHaven in aWorld of Turmoil was published as part of his 1995 book,The Incomparable Christ, Featherstone modified the language to state simply, There are among our youth today who will be someday called to the holy apostleship. While his statement was still surrounded by descriptions of the Second Coming, he no longer emphasized his belief that those who would serve as the last prophet and apostles were already living. I have picked up several quotes of successful men concerning what they think the secrets of achievement are.