and even prospective clients. Sometimes it takes longer than expected to discover the right fit. Having a short brand statement means that you will be able to market yourself quickly whenever a chance for networking arises (on the subway, for instance). 2. As a result, I created an infographic to highlight how people position their brand in ONE word. It's you. How would you handle it? If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. If you want to download this list as a PDF, you can do that right . the times in which you have caught someone cheating, stealing, or even being The. However, after polling several well-educated young professionals about their personal brand statement, we realized that there are still many individuals who dont understand how to use it to benefit their career and brand. personal situation. business. To do this, ensure you seek feedback from family, friends, colleagues, mentors, customers and anyone who will give you honest feedback. dishonest. the 9 secrets of job hunting with a humanities degree, We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. How did you come up with this methodology? These personal branding statements have absolutely nailed it and are compelling, engaging, and extremely effective. If you get multiple words or themes determine if one word stands out more than the others. 10 Bold Personal Brand Statement Examples. As you know by now, your personal brand statement is not something you create once and then forget about. Positive 4 . Activity 1.1 Write four words to describe your ideal self-concept (personal brand). Think of it as your catchphrase a tagline or slogan for marketing yourself! Even though you want it to stand out, remember that using excessively large or technical words may alienate your audience. Personal Brands: It's not just about products or services anymore you can build your own personas through social media and hence boost your brand. I transform accomplished women from unknown to unforgettable with a strategic, trustworthy personal brand.. In other words, it's your unique selling proposition. Character points to strong moral and ethical principles and for those that identified a word in this category, it means above all else this is how they want to be known. Words in this category stress movement, taking things from one point to another point. It can't be more or less than 3. When thinking about my brand, I dont want people to feel ________, ________, or _______. If youre careful, you can use words like award-winning, community advocate, and side hustle to highlight your achievements or community roles. Who better to trust for a personal branding statement example than a personal branding coach? Meanwhile, Expertise contains descriptors of tough-minded Rationals while the final category of Drive roughly corresponds to the active Artisans. Match your answer with the job description of the job you're applying for. The Brand (obviously). Consider Consider your qualities. However, as with most things, its far more effective to keep it simple then to overload people with a lot of information that can take away from where you really add value. Once again its an example of what not to say about yourself. For Character words include honest, reliable, sincere and trustworthy. This is especially helpful for recent graduates who need a professional edge in lieu of years of experience., With that in mind, consider describing yourself with words that correlate to these four aspects to. Words to Describe Yourself on a Resume . In most cases you will find consistency from your feedback providers. Your Look and Style. function load(e){var t=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],n=document.createElement("link");return n.type="text/css",n.rel="stylesheet",n.href=e,t.appendChild(n),n}load('//unpkg.com/cta.css@2.0.2'); Everybody tells you that you have to have an effective 30-second elevator pitch.. Your Personal Success Profile seems very interesting and something I would ask that you expend upon if have time. . Powerful. You can blabber on for hours once the other person has shown sufficient interest, but until then think about precision when you craft your personal brand statement. What makes Chriss statement stand out is the scale he cares about and his focus on inclusivity by expanding the scope of his business to the world. Your story is your brand. This will help set you apart from all the other people who offer similar services or operate in the same industry. Take a moment to think it through, and then once you've got them, write them down and tell someone, your manager, friend or loved one, what these . I am straightforward and reliable, and I support others with compassion. I do always seek to create, sustain and be in harmony. By doing so, youll come across as more sincere. https://docstation.co/features/medication-therapy-management, Introduction To Personal SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Improve Your Google Results: Getting Started, Advanced Tactics to Improve Your Google Results, How to Fight an Unwanted Image Result On Google, How To Bury Or Push Down Negative Google Search Results, I help people create new opportunities in their businesses and careers., I am a personal trainer, specializing in weight training and mobility., I give authors visibility on untapped promotional platforms where they can share their work., I spark new product ideas for large companies that have stagnant product cycles., I help CEOs transform their brand in only 60 days. For networking, job searches, and overall career development, having a personal brand statement provides a lot of benefits. Now, I teach the world how to value themselves and communicate their value to others through open platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.. Im a modern, fearless, digitally-driven and globally savvy brand / business leader with over 15 years of experience representing two of the most exciting, influential consumer brands in the world. Learning how to describe your Andrew Webb is on a mission to show liberal arts graduates how to land jobs and build careers. for your long-term career development. They think marketing their personal brand is all about putting themselves out there when the best do it with more tact. Deciding on 3-5 meaningful adjectives to characterize your brand can help you discover how to connect with your ideal audience, your overall messaging, tone of voice, and . And having a personal brand statement makes it easy for anyone employers, customers, clients, or contacts to identify if they want to work with you or listen to what you have to say. Explain why you chose them. Madalyn Sklar shows the value of specificity infused with individuality in a personal branding statement. What I mean by this is what people uniquely think of when they think of you. 6 Steps for Creating Your Personal Brand. Be sure to connect with me on Facebook, and follow me on LinkedIn andTwitter. Here are some other personal brand statement examples that are more oriented around driving an action: As you can see, these personal brand statement examples are all about the value that they can provide others. Brevity begets precision. Imagine your brand as a personal relationship in your customers' lives. Avoid using too many personal branding words or phrases. Positive 4. The EveryoneSocial platform makes it easy for colleagues to share industry news and thought leadership at a company that can then be shared to external networks. Elizabeth has developed a highly engaged audience on LinkedIn by offering job search advice and sharing more from her personal life. Consider how you have had to come up with Plan Thanks for this article and thought process. Its also important to understand why the client feels this way and to explain how these characteristics are applied in real-world examples. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want the world to see you. If you want to thrive in your career, one of the best things you can do is build a strong personal brand strategy. Be careful not to boast about your achievements too much, or you may come across as arrogant. Now its time to craft your own. Id love to hear what your brand adjectives are! Which words best describe what your brand must convey? While some might think this feels too forward, the best examples of personal brand statements do this well. Required fields are marked *. 2) Your brand is your self-impression. these 5 words describe you both professionally and personally. Im dedicated to transforming companies, departments, teams, projects, products, services, and experiences by focusing on the full arc of the Customer Experience.. From there you can start thinking about your portfolio site, how to revamp your resume, and the points you want to communicate in interviews. THEN, if the other person is interested, you can go into your 30-second spiel, but only if they invite you to! Put Your Personal Brand Into Practice Take your values and goals and wear them on your sleeve (or your personal brand statement). One of the most important (and sometimes the most difficult) section is to describe the feeling you want your brand to have. As a solopreneur and owner of, career; life lessons; performance; personal growth. Your Expertise Your Personal Brand. They correspond to the four Keirsey temperaments. It explains what you do (value), for whom do you do your work (target audience), and how do you do it (unique selling proposition). Darrell Franklins personal branding statement makes it clear that innovation an important skill for his role is a core part of his DNA. The responses in this category for the large part had to do with a high level of integrity or character. For example, take a look at this person who calls themselves an influencer of change.. encountered a situation where you have had to work with a difficult Thank you Mrs. If so, youre off to a good start. If they also used similar words to describe your freelance personal brand, then you're already on the right track. When people describe their brand, they typically identify a word that falls into one of these three categories: Under Expertise, descriptors used include competent, talented, productive and strategic. Motivated 3. 3. Highlight something that demonstrates your unique, and likable qualities. Get more eyes on your personal brand statement. describe you and what would they say about your best work traits? Examples of brands: Coca Cola, Nike, Gong. Some examples include: "I help individuals reassess their life choices to discover their true paths to success.". You might even want to, speak with a personal branding consultant. You can even quote them in your headline, as long as its an honest quotebut using titles and descriptive personal brand words on yourself that fly too close to the sun will leave you. How you handle tough ethical dilemmas can speak volumes Consider using words in your description that correlate with the four aspects of personal branding: When it comes to personal branding, there are four key aspects to focus on: skills and competence, personality and character, motivation and drive, and achievements and experience. Personal branding is important, but not that many people can tell you how to express that in one or two sentences. Jot down your favorites and then narrow them down to your top 3-5. An awesome personal brand statement example jumps right out at you. The process for identifying your ONE word is just as important as your actual ONE word. They can be used to describe an individuals personality, work ethic, skills, and more. Words to Describe Your Brand. By pointing out the different languages that he uses at work, he shows that he is a team player and someone that enjoys collaborating with other teams and departments. your personal brand. Thats a pretty lofty title, and its a lot like buying a mug for yourself that says worlds best boss. I guarantee this person in the example isnt even close to being widely known enough to make a claim like that. Those are the personality traits your brand needs to fully represent from here on out in all of its visual and verbal communications. Small confession: I spent almost a YEAR trying to get a job with a history degree as a recent graduate. This three-pronged approach - one by the way that Apple embraces and uses to explain its brand harmony - represents the most effective way to communicate your personal brand. That's a very interesting way to use it! Your personal brand is one of your most important career development assets. These will be guiding factors in helping solidify your brand personality. People often confuse products with things like logos, slogans, or other visible marks, which are marketing tools that helps to promote goods and services. , but they can definitely support it. It should be short and catchy but also contain enough compelling information to convey your value and show your personality. co-worker or a difficult client and how you have handled it professionally. Its important to have a professional philosophy and solid professional track record. It shows that youre focused on. I was amazed by the responses. We recommend including it in a prominent position to lead off your profile information. Thats why its important not to confuse your message with your personal brand words. My experience and feedback has taught me that I bring value to the teams I work with because: I speak geek, marketer, designer, salesperson, client, data whisperer and at some point I tried to learn Shriiwook (Ive always wanted to understand Chewbacca like Han did). It can make a significant difference in short-term job searches. You dont necessarily need a personal brand logo to stick in peoples memories, but it definitely helpsand its really part of a wider effort to Job seekers who dont think personal branding is worth their time are going to be sorely disappointed waiting for their phones to ring. You can use these across your portfolio website, your resume, your LinkedIn profile, and while networking. What is your ONE word? Its important to let your accomplishments speak for themselves. If you want to put your projects front and center, then you can make it seem more sincere by pairing it with personal brand concepts that denote some humility, like curiosity or self-improvement. Let us recap the key points that help you stand out as the best candidate: Stay honest, positive, and be yourself. Irene Koehler uses powerful words like transform and unforgettable to get her point across quickly and succinctly. 2. That's simple, succinct, and it's enough of a teaser to get a response like: "Wow, tell me how you do that.". What words come to mind when you think of a stylish person? Put it All Together. As a former entrepreneur, I leverage the little-known tax secrets that arent taught in school, saving my clients hundreds of thousands of dollars.. No matter your career path, you want to be able to do the same. Austin Belcaks personal branding statement is a lesson in how to showcase your value simply. Understanding your strengths and weaknesses-and your 3 word selfallows you to start building your personal brand. to describe yourself when building to be resourceful Hopefully, with a good sentence, an employer will want to know about you. Bethany, great article! Thats where verbs come in: they do a better job of demonstrating your brand rather than just advertising it. Check out these personal branding examples to see how other people pull this off successfully! Dont say youre the best or a leader in the field of unless you actually are. How did you apply your resourcefulness Dial-in your brief personal brand statement that you want to present so you can recite it on autopilot. This button displays the currently selected search type. Cultivated well, your personal brand will signal to employers whether or not you'll be the right fit for an open role. Wendi Weiner is anattorneyand award-winning writer who has been featured in over 75 major media outlets(including CNN, HuffPost, Money, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, and Business Insider) as a top authority in personal branding, social storytelling, career strategy, and the job search process. We hope that the tips and personal brand statement examples we included will help you craft one that you are proud of. Synonyms that are currently popular A person who is stylish or follows current fashion trends is described as chic. LinkedIn profiles have reference sections where people can say nice things about you. What adjectives would you use to describe your business? For example, if brave is one of your main brand personality words, it could . In case you want some personal brand statement examples to help guide you, there is a handful below. Some rules: Each cannot exceed 3 words. The four aspects of personal brand words. She expresses her excitement for the brands that she has worked for and establishes herself as an employee advocate. Thanks! Intelligent. footprint or even at an interview to a prospective new employer. You can practice this easily. Take a look at this example in which someone calls herself an influencer of change.. Good luck with your job hunting! It acts as a mission statement for his career and what he values. you have taken a stance in a role, in an industry, or in an uncompromising On the web, you have much more control over perceptions because people will judge you solely based on what's . Remember: you'll require an element of consistency throughout everything you do. Once again its an example of what not to say about yourself. Youll see most professionals on LinkedIn describing themselves with personal brand adjectives, but thats not really the best way to convey your brand. Thats simple, succinct, and its enough of a teaser to get a response like: Wow, tell me how you do that. Thats your invitation to elaborate on your 30-second elevator pitch. Your personal brand statement combines these into a short, punchy narrative. Feeling something else? Can you boil your personal brand down to the ONE word that describes your value? Your brand mantra should communicate clearly who you are, it should be simple and memorable, and it should feel inspiring to you. You dont want to come across as inauthentic or self-serving, so use them sparingly. You want to be approachable and interested, but realize that most actions are not taken on the initial day of contact. He has become a master at crafting his communications with the absolute minimum number of words simply because it takes him so long to create a simple sentence. Instead, use these words and terms in combination with action-oriented verbs that are descriptive of what you do. If youre strategic, you can use these words to showcase your accomplishments or community involvement. Make sure to keep it consistent across platforms, however, because using the same sentence every time will help others remember it and associate it with you. They dont drone on and on, instead, they get right to the point and let the details get sorted out later. VA. 8. While it may seem limiting to describe yourself in 5 words, I'm very patient and take recruiting new people for suitable positions very seriously. Its important to not confuse your messaging with your personal branding. Its what ensures your results are that much, You know plenty of brand evangelists. (in the case of personal brand, ask your friends to help you describe your personality in a few words) As mentioned above, Coca-Cola's personality traits are the following: Whether the company is going through tumultuous financial times or big changes in leadership, the ability to adapt to a sudden change and remain adaptable to that change is an important skill to have. Instead, use these personal branding statement examples as an idea-generator if you need help formatting your statement or organizing everything. You have to read and readjust to get an idea of their experience and brand statement. Use the personal branding statement examples below for inspiration when coming up with your own. Glad that you enjoyed the list and we're just as surprised as you are that most job applicants don't go through this process as well. Having a professional philosophy and a solid professional track record are more effective than calling yourself results-oriented or something similarly canned. This is something that we need to make more clear moving forwards, thank you! Your personal brand is how you promote yourself. Chris Do uses his personal branding statement to tell the story of his career what he achieved in the past and what hes focused on now. Thats why you get a summary and an entire about section on LinkedIn to. Start Online. Its straightforward and shows the kind of approach and value she would provide her clients. I build communities and evangelize for the things I believe in. Your answers to these questions (and the ones below) will be the steering wheel that drives your personal branding campaign. Ask them to do the same activity, giving you three descriptive adjectives based on the personal brand they feel describes your freelance business. Im a Growth Marketing Strategist, aka The Strategy Hacker, who empowers brands to achieve next-level success, maximize revenue, elevate brand authority, establish powerful communities, and skyrocket business growth through cutting-edge marketing strategies and results-driven social media solutions.. A lot of powerful words for your profiles come in the form of adjectives that we use to describe ourselves. Consider Your Brand As A Personal Relationship. When expanded it provides a list of search options that will switch the search inputs to match the current selection. One of the effective ways in defining your brand identity is to describe your brand voice in three words. 1. These are all admirable qualities to have, so take pride in the 3 words you choose. Successful branding involves just three steps: Identify your Brand Attributes: Identify what makes you different from your peers and competitors. Being resourceful requires applying good critical The second piece of information I ask is: Explain why The category was Outdoor Clothing. Its the essence of who you are, distilled to just a few words. Not many entrepreneurs can carry off 'wearing' their brand but Denise does and does it well. When people see something from my brand they think it is _________. This person describes herself by what she loves to do: Writer, Designer, Researcher: Sr. . Darrell Franklin. Its a subtle difference that most people miss. Personal branding is a marketing strategy focused on your most important product: you. Contact us and let's discuss your ideas! to see how other people pull this off successfully! Meticulous and adaptable go hand-in-hand and are two great words to describe yourself. Mix and match them to create a professional persona that accurately reflects who you are. Better yet -elevate- I don't just move things from point a to point b. I lift them up. It is the telling of your story, and how it reflects your conduct, behavior, spoken and unspoken words, and attitudes. Efficiently accelerate growth across your company by enabling employees to share and create content on social media. When I talk to my ideal people, I want my tone of voice to be _________. Think about why you are choosing these words and how they relate to your brands values. when it comes to specific tasks and projects, but also in daily relationships Justin McGill posted this in the Sales Terminology Category on December 1, 2021 Last modified on June 8th, 2022, Home Choosing the Perfect Personal Brand Words. Without them, you're just pressing on the gas without looking. It's about content that's useful, helpful, and relevant to patients. Try EveryoneSocial's employee advocacy platform for FREE. This can help you guide your answer to one that is relevant to the job while still being true to yourself. After listing the three words, give a brief . Use these on all of your online profiles, including your LinkedIn, resume, and portfolio. Professionals are embracing social media to share advice and unique insights about their industry. (These three words, like The Beatles, are most effective when united.) individual can include a focus on being creative in tackling new projects, considering Conduct a personal brand audit. Should you use personal brand adjectives? Your persona is your brand. Personal brand words are the words that you would use to describe yourself, your work, and your personal brand. Aaron Ward. Id love to hear from you! I never imagined how this question would resonate with people. Active Adventurous Ambitious Approachable Bohemian Bold Brave Bright Bubbly Calm Candid Carefree Casual Charming Cheerful Classic Collaborative Colorful Cool Cozy Crafty Cultured Daring Delicate Down to Earth Dynamic Edgy Elegant Fearless Fun To find the one word to describe yourself make sure you thoroughly read through your resume and choose a quality it supports. Here's an inventory of adjectives to help you describe how you look at your best. to creating an everlasting impression for your digital Whats going to help you the most here is a solid personal brand statement and a good conversation or impression afterwords. Follow these steps to prepare for when employers say 'Describe yourself in three words': 1. 19 of the best personal brand examples in 2023. A brand is an intangible marketing or business idea that helps people identify a company, product, or person. Shelley, until recently when I was working with a fantastic HR person (who taught me so much with her incredible skills), had I ever considered a personal brand. about your character and credibility. For example:I help high net-worth entrepreneurs strategically invest so they can spend more time doing what they love and less time worrying about their money. Usage as a brand word: When bold is used as a brand word, it conveys striking attributes of the product as being . When things are wrapping up, give them your contact information and part ways. As a matter of fact, you really have just a few seconds to introduce yourself and present your personal branding statement. It will help with networking, gaining trust within your industry, and standing out from others in your field. It can be hard to know where to start with your personal brand. Stephen Hawking really has to work to communicate, yet hes one of the most influential scientists in history. Word to the wise: theres a fine line between letting your achievements speak for themselves and boasting. Since there are still many people who are unaware of the need to create a personal brand regardless of the industry, then having a great one may just be the edge needed to win out over the competition. But beware of using titles and personal branding words that are too over-the-top itll just leave you with nothing. Meaning: The word "Bold" is used to describe the character of a person who is brave, fearless, confident, courageous, and is willing to take risks. Life throws many wrenches at us, but its often our ability Choosing the right personal brand words is one of the most effective methods for doing this. Do you take an If they show interest, you can and should elaborate but once again, you have to do it without boring the person youre speaking to. When Im not advocating for exceptional candidate experience or teaching my coworkers the ins and outs of LinkedIn, Im on Linkedin sharing professional insight, in my home office making lightweight clay earrings, or watering my plants.