Will Scotsman retire again? #ronnie o'sullivan#judd trump#mark selby#neil#robertson# - youtube.com Expert Answers: Stephen Gordon Hendry MBE is a Scottish professional snooker player and a commentator for the BBC and ITV. Ronnie O'Sullivan tips the bottle over his head (Image: BBC). Ill say hello to him because its hard to ignore someone but hes not my cup of tea. In May, 'The Rocket . [13] Aged 17 years and 3 months, he was then the youngest player to compete at the final stages of a world championship, a record he held for 26 years until Luca Brecel made his Crucible debut in 2012 aged two months younger. O'Sullivan made his first competitive century break at age 10 and his first competitive maximum break at age 15. Il campionato mondiale di snooker 1993 venne disputato dal 16 aprile al 3 maggio 1993 presso il Crucible Theatre di Sheffield nel Regno Unito.. Stephen Hendry vinse il suo terzo titolo mondiale, battendo 18-5 in finale Jimmy White.. Nella semifinale persa contro White, il thailandese James Wattana divenne il primo giocatore dell'estremo oriente a raggiungere tale risultato. Hendry said of O'Sullivan during the 2022 World Championship: "You cannot play better snooker than that. O'Sullivan put together breaks of 100, 62 and 58 on his way to a 4-0 success at Venue [14], In the 198687 season, Hendry retained his Scottish Professional Championship title. An innocent man. Head-to-Head: Ronnie O'Sullivan Vs Stephen Hendry [61][62] Hendry defeated Yu Delu 51 to qualify for the China Open,[63] where he defeated Martin Gould 54 in the first round, winning on the final black. OSullivans good friend Jimmy White admits he too was worried about him: That for me was totally bizarre and I actually got concerned for OSullivan because where does he go from there? But Im trying not to make a big deal out of it, because Id rather be him.". It was the last time Hendry reached a ranking final. I really thought a lot of Stephen until he had that ball put back, and he really did go down in my estimations after that. Ronnie OSullivan admits that he would not repeat his concession against Stephen Hendry at the 2006 UK Championship, but says it was due to ongoing personal problems that eventually became unbearable. The infamous incident took place in the quarter-final in York with the Rocket 4-1 behind in a race to nine. [10] He qualified for the 1986 World Snooker Championship, losing 810 to Willie Thorne in the first round on his debut. He was awarded an MBE in 1994,[6] and was twice named the BBC Scotland Sports Personality of the Year, in 1987 and 1996. Its almost a chapter in his life that he needed to have and get out of his way., MORE : Ronnie OSullivan picks Stephen Hendry clash as the best match hes ever played in, MORE : Ronnie OSullivan and Judd Trump react to possibility of World Championship behind closed doors. Who is the better snooker player, at their peak - Stephen Hendry or OSullivan, who was nowhere near his brilliant best, played a poor positional shot while potting the black, then missed a red, spraying balls around the table to give Hendry an excellent chance to extend his lead. However, he suffered a surprise 710 defeat to debutant Stuart Bingham in the first round of the 2000 World Championship. I've played. Hendry said of O'Sullivan during the 2022 World Championship: You cannot play better snooker than that. If hes got problems, I feel for him.. Ronnie O'Sullivan admits that he would not repeat his concession against Stephen Hendry at the 2006 UK Championship, but says it was due to ongoing personal problems that eventually. [93] In December 2022, at which point Hendry had won just three out of 14 matches since returning to the professional tour, former World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn suggested that Hendry should not tarnish his legacy by continuing if he could not be competitive. Hendry was highly critical of the 46-year-old after his surprise first-round elimination, with the Scot insisting that it was the worst he had seen the reigning world champion perform for a number of years. Minden vben elvllalok kt-hrom bemutat versenyt, ennl tbbet nem tudok. Something went wrong, please try again later. Stephen Gordon Hendry MBE . O'Sullivan, who reached the UK Championship quarter-final with a 6-3 win over Noppon Saengkham on Wednesday, said: "I'd like to think I'm in a sport where I'm not ducking people. Il torneo stato vinto dall'inglese Ronnie O'Sullivan che si aggiudicato il quarto titolo mondiale battendo il connazionale Ali Carter per 18-11, come gi avvenuto nella finale del 2008 (18-8). His 29 consecutive victories at the Crucible over that period remains a record.[41]. honor huntzberger bridesmaids. This still holds the record for the most centuries in a 19-frame match as well as jointly holding the record (with Judd Trump and Ding Junhui) for the most centuries in any professional contest. I was very surprised obviously, my road manager, John, came and brought the newspaper to my room in the hotel and showed me, Hendry explained on Instagram Live. Snooker journalist Dave Hendon described Hendry's performance in the 1994 UK final as "possibly the best anybody has ever played". From 1990 to 1999, he won seven world titles, setting a modern-era record that stood outright until Ronnie O'Sullivan equalled it in 2022. . With Ronnie O'Sullivan Best Exhibition shots Recreated as. Ronnie O'Sullivan is aiming to win a seventh world title. He was very, very composed right from the word go in the first frame, he was hugely impressive. PDF Download Solutions Ronnie The Autobiography Of Ronnie O Sullivan Eng Pdf Aged 39, he was the oldest player to reach the semi-finals since Terry Griffiths in 1992, but he lost 617 to O'Sullivan with a session to spare. 14 years later, the Rocket has explained his actions and says it is not a course of action he would take again. Stephen Gordon Hendry MBE (born 13 January 1969[4]) is a Scottish professional snooker player who dominated the sport during the 1990s, becoming one of the most successful players in its history. Ronnie O'Sullivan has been backed by Stephen Hendry and Ken Doherty to excel in his "backyard" at this year's Masters. [9] In 1983, he won the Scottish Under-16 Championship,[10] and made his first televised appearance on Junior Pot Black. O'Sullivan missed three straightforward reds while playing left-handed in a scrappy performance by his own high standards and will be forced to rue his mistakes as he watches the rest of the British Open from the sidelines over the coming days. "He's a winning machine. [67] However, after losing 213 to Maguire in the quarter-finals, Hendry announced his retirement from professional snooker at the age of 43, citing dissatisfaction with his standard of play and difficulty balancing competitive, commercial, and personal commitments. Stephen Hendry admits he would be "honoured" if Ronnie O'Sullivan draws level with him on seven World Championship victories at this year's tournament. Stephen Hendry girlfriend: How snooker star left wife of 19 years [105] Hendry himself has identified OSullivan as the greatest player he has played against, but considers he would triumph in a match if both players played at their peak. In the 2010 World Championship, he lost 513 to Mark Selby in the second round. Ronnie O'Sullivan reflects on Stephen Hendry walk out - Metro Close match score, several close frames and steals from both sides.The statisti. "Im sure its not the fact hes playing someone hes lost to twice, Im sure thats not the reason, but for whatever reason he just wasnt on it tonight. It was much more than that', "Masters Snooker: Absence of Stephen Hendry at Alexandra Palace will be strange, admits Graeme Dott", "UK Snooker Championship: Stephen Hendry suffers first round knockout", "Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and Ken Doherty qualify for Welsh Open", "Welsh Open: Stephen Hendry beats Neil Robertson in first round", "Robertson survives hair-raising experience in China", "World Snooker: Stephen Hendry wins Crucible qualifier", "World Snooker Championship 2012: Hendry crushes Higgins", "Stephen Hendry retires after World Snooker Championship defeat", "Seven-time World Champion Stephen Hendry comes out of retirement to play on World Snooker Tour", "Stephen Hendry targets World Championship return", "Gibraltar Open snooker 2021 Stephen Hendry beaten by Matthew Selt in comeback match", "Stephen Hendry beats Jimmy White on return to World Snooker Championships in qualifier", "Stephen Hendry's hopes of Crucible return ended by China's Xu Si", "Hendry clinches first win since tour return", "British Open 2021: 'An embarrassment' Gary Wilson scathing of match against Stephen Hendry", "English Open 2021 Stephen Hendry beats Michael White in qualifying, Jimmy White toppled by Zhao Xintong", "Stephen Hendry Thrashed in English Open", "Scottish Open 2021 Stephen Hendry thumped by Allan Taylor in qualifying in just 55 minutes", "European Masters 2021 Returning Stephen Hendry out after defeat to Li Hang at European Masters", "Stephen Hendry bows out of German Masters | Trump and Wilson through", "Five-century Thepchaiya Un-Nooh obliterates Stephen Hendry in UK Championship masterclass", "Is Stephen Hendry set to quit comeback after opting out of 2022 World Snooker Championship? mrcius 3., pntek. Hendry's form became less consistent after his sixth world title in 1996 and his career declined in the 2000s, his play increasingly affected by the yips. At the time of his initial retirement in 2012, Hendry was the most successful player in professional snooker history. CLASSIC SNOOKER MATCH!! Stephen Hendry v Ronnie O'Sullivan - Welsh Open [32] In the 199293 season, he won his fifth consecutive Masters, beating James Wattana 95 in the final,[24] and won his third world title at the 1993 World Championship, defeating White 185 in the final with a session to spare, having lost just 25 frames in the tournament. He is the only player to have achieved 1,000 century breaks in professional competition, a milestone he reached in 2019 and which he has since extended to over 1,100 centuries. O'Sullivan pulled level with Stephen Hendry's Crucible crowns after bossing last night's final session to win an undulating, gripping match 18-13. The Scot has won the tournament a record seven times - a feat only matched by Ronnie O'Sullivan. You can unsubscribe at any time. Selby Shaun Murphy on Twitter: "Just wanted to make clear that in terms of my post match studio "rant" I was in no way accusing Jill Douglas of being a "lazy journalist". A few matches before that I wanted to shake the guys hand and walk out because I didnt want to be in that environment. Stephen Hendry On Ronnie O'Sullivan, Steve Davis And 'That Comeback' A great interview with Stephen Hendry | Ronnie O'Sullivan How old stephen hendry? Explained by Sharing Culture Ronnie O'Sullivan: Former world champion Stephen Hendry says Rocket is The following month, he defeated fellow Scot Graeme Dott 97 to win the Malta Cup, his 36th and last ranking title. [29] He also won his third Masters, defeating Hallett 98 in the final after trailing 07 and 28. Its one of those things, its probably the only needle match Ive ever played. Hendry won only one ranking title in the 199798 season, despite reaching two of the three Triple Crown finals. [54][55] He missed the Masters for the first time since his 1989 debut, and had to qualify to reach the main stages of subsequent ranking events. It took me by surprise because I thought we got on pretty well. Ronnie O'Sullivan sau cum "Regele" absolut de la Crucible, Stephen - 2023. mrcius 11. kztt rendeznek Thaifldn Bangkokban. Stephen Hendry has claimed that Ronnie O'Sullivan doesn't speak to his rivals before matches as 'The Rocket' gears up to win an unprecedented eighth world snooker title next year. Ronnie O'Sullivan brushes off chance to equal Stephen Hendry's world He participated in a challenge match against Ding in Beijing, but lost 613. Ronnie O'Sullivan eased into the last 16 at the Betvictor Welsh Open with a whitewash of Rod Lawler on Wednesday. Ronnie O'Sullivan sends Tyson Fury message with 'lack of respect' blast His triumph, which came a quarter of a century after he won his first United Kingdom crown as a 17-year-old, also saw O'Sullivan nudge ahead of Stephen Hendry with 19 'triple crown' titles - comprising the World and UK Championships and the Masters. I dont think I ever played that well again, unfortunately.. [72] He also entered the 2021 World Championship, where he won his first-round qualifier 63 against Jimmy White,[73] but lost 16 to Xu Si in the second qualifying round. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express. A great classic final between two of the greatest players in snooker history. [49][50] He lost 36 to reigning world champion Neil Robertson in the Masters. Top 10 Richest Snooker Players In The World The Second Angle [12] In 1985, after retaining the Scottish Amateur Championship, he turned professional aged 16 years and three months; he was then the sport's youngest ever professional.