great honor of SEMA Young Executive of the Year. This certainly fills my plate, but Im good with that. Leadership & Advisory Committee | NASCAR Hall of Fame NASCAR History | Official Site Of NASCAR Driving full-time in the Xfinity Series for the first time, he was fourth in last weeks Xfinity race at Auto Club Speedway. clayton.park@news-jrnl.com. Collaboration is critical to our growth, and we welcome any opportunity to strengthen communication with our drivers, said Steve ODonnell, NASCAR executive vice president and chief racing development officer, in a statement. PO Box 6930, Williamsburg, VA 23188 Andrew Mead Murstein (born June 29, 1964) is founder, president, board member and, with his family, the largest shareholder of Medallion Financial Corp., an investment company publicly traded on the Nasdaq stock exchange under the symbol MFIN. A member of the NASCAR Board of Directors, Crotty is the first NASCAR representative to serve in this capacity. Mar 2, 2023. Reported plans include the demolition of the famed . Delivering for our race fans and partners is job number one and we look forward to doing that better than ever for years to come, France concluded. France Kennedy also serves on the NASCAR board of directors. Peter Clifford,ChairMichael C. CohenEd DesserGlen CromwellLee Ann Gliha, Peter CliffordChief Executive OfficerGlen CromwellPresident, Kasey ColerVice President -Track Management & OperationsBrad GerberVice President - Sales & Chief Development OfficerMarleen Gurrola Vice President - Human ResourcesEvan Jonat Vice President - Live EventsLinda Louie Vice President & General CounselJosh Peterson Vice President - Racing AdministrationStephen Reintjes Vice President - BroadcastingNed Walliser Vice President - CompetitionJeffrey Young Vice President - Marketing and Communications, Dr. Philip Surface Medical DirectorGlen GrayTechnical Administration ExecutiveTim Erdmann Senior Director of FinanceRob HedrickSenior Director of ProductionBob LangSenior Director of Safety ProgramsGary Raasch Senior Director of Sales OperationsMike Rice Senior Director of CompetitionJohn SiragusaSenior Director of Sales & Business DevelopmentTimothy White SeniorDirector of EngineeringGreg Behar Director of TechnologyPhil BurgessEditorial DirectorJeff Conley Director of Safety & Emergency ServicesDavid Cox Director of MarketingLonnie Grim National Tech DirectorJosh Hachat Director of Public RelationsCheyenne HuangControllerDavid KennedyDirector of Multimedia Content & Contingency ProgramJeff MortonDirector of Advertising SalesScott PorterDirector of TicketingMike Rau Director of SalesMegan Sewell Director of Post ProductionAndrew Zamarripa Director of National Sales. Home - NASCAR Foundation - Official NASCAR Foundation Website. On August 6, 2018, France assumed the role of Interim CEO and Chairman of NASCAR,[1] following the arrest of his nephew and CEO Brian France; France was arrested on suspicion of DUI in Sag Harbor, New York on August 5, 2018. Executive Bios. Both entities act independently from the other FIA bodies and FIA Members. Hill passed Chandler Smith for the lead with one lap remaining Saturday and won the 300-mile Xfinity race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Matt Kenseth, Hershel McGriff, Kirk Shelmerdine inducted into 2023 NEW YORK, May 29, 2017 - First Data Corporation (NYSE: FDC), a global leader in commerce-enabling technology and solutions, and CardConnect Corp. (NASDAQ: CCN), a technology-oriented commerce solutions provider, announced today that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement for First Data to acquire all of the outstanding shares of common stock of CardConnect for $15.00 per share . Hill passed Chandler Smith for the lead as they approached the start-finish line to take the white flag. Since I started my career in NASCAR, after arriving from my home country of Mexico, I have seen a great deal of positive changes. His passion for the sport is amazing. Chief Operating Officer Brent Dewar has been added to. Board of Directors Past Presidents 2021 - present Ms. Mikki Hastings 2017 - 2020 Mr. Mike Vorachek 2015 - 2016 Mr. Monty Bell 2013 - 2014 Mr. George Rice 2009 - 2013 Mr. Dan Hourihan 2007 - 2008 Ms. Kathy Johnston 2004 - 2007 Mr. Randy Servis 2001 - 2003 Mr. Mike Tuttle 2000 Mr. Craig Bannerman 1998 - 1999 Mr. Clint Bassett The stumbling block was reportedly disagreement over how the NASCAR, IndyCar and 24 Hours of Le Mans license holder might be able to raise funds. He joins CEO and Chairman Jim France, Executive Vice Chair Lesa France Kennedy, Senior Advisor Mike Helton and Chief Legal Officer Gary Crotty. Prior to joining the NASCAR Hall of Fame in 2006, Kelley spent more than 27 years with Duke Power and Duke Energy serving in a wide variety of managerial and executive capacities, most recently as vice president of economic and business development and vice president of government and business relations for Duke Energy Carolinas. Paint scheme preview: Las Vegas | Hendrick Motorsports Board of Directors - Randleman Chamber of Commerce, NC Have you had it up to here? I had my mind made up when I went out there that I was going to keep it pinned and whatever happens, happens. Brent Dewar Promoted to NASCAR President - Racing News It fired off OK with a lot of grip. There is no reason for that to stop. His nearly five-decade long career in the sport has been spent in a variety of jobs. Josh Berry, substituting for the injured Chase Elliott, qualified 32nd. Brian France has been a key player in all of NASCAR's major France Kennedy's son, Ben Kennedy , is a driver currently in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. In 2012, Meyer . NASCAR announces inaugural Hall of Fame class NASCAR Foundation adds board member - news-journalonline.com Announces Richard Childress, NASCAR Hall of Fame Member and Former NRA Director, Has Joined its Board of Directors - Randy Luth Steps Down from the Board SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., January 20, 2021 AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW ) ("AMMO" or the "Company"), a premier American ammunition and munition components manufacturer and technology leader, is pleased to announce that Richard . We spend a lot of times talking about how things were. will serve as an invaluable asset for the sport in years to come. Burton said multiple drivers reached out to him last July at New Hampshire about this type of role with a drivers group. Mike Helton | Nascar Hall of Fame Select one: a. NASCAR K&N Pro Series b. Sprint Cup Series c. Whelen All-American Series d. Camping World Truck Series b. This, in no way, is going to become a firewall between a driver and NASCAR, a driver and an owner, a driver and a track operator. No major decision is made or even contemplated until Phelps and Jim France talk it out. Our house. It really doesnt effect a whole lot.. AMMO, Inc. If were going to be integrated into the industry, we need the perspective of the industry. His influence is also seen in the NASCAR Research & Development Center in Concord, N.C. the first such facility owned and operated by a racing sanctioning body. He is the chief executive officer (CEO), the chairman, and executive vice president of NASCAR, the former chief executive officer (CEO) of International Speedway Corporation (ISC) and the owner of the IMSA team Action Express Racing. Approximately 433 acres of the 522-acre site is said to have been sold to an unknown buyer at an undisclosed price. (Image: ISC) International Speedway Corporation (ISC), one of two major companies . Hill and Justin Allgaier gained steadily on Smith over the final 10 laps and eliminated Smiths 2.5-second lead. A voice that can effect change and improvement in almost every aspect of our sport. His perspective of the life of the car owner, thats a perspective that is healthy for us. They call a lot. That was the mindset, and Paul (crew chief Paul Wolfe) gave me a car that could do that. Helton was the first person outside the France family to be named NASCAR president in 2000 and now serves as a member of the NASCAR Board of Directors. We may earn a commission from links on this page. I am grateful for the leadership and example set by the France family and am genuinely humbled by their continued trust in me.. has," said Helton. Motorsports Network president James Allen also resigned from his position on the board so that, given the resignations of the above directors, a new board can be appointed.. The NASCAR Foundation and Kaulig Racing Renew Their Partnership for Speediatrics Fun Day Festivals. Smith, who was after his first Xfinity win, said his car got tight at the end of the race. NASCAR's future: Everything we know about 2021 schedule, pandemic rules As COO, Dewar led several . NASCAR's chief marketing officer, Pete Jung, and veteran advertising executive, Larry Woodard, accepted nominations to join the board led by chairman Mike Helton. The multi-faceted group represents business community experience and leadership at the local and national levels, positioning the Foundation for future growth in its mission to improve the quality of life for children in need. Still, we want to give you the opportunity to enjoy an ad-free and tracker-free website and to continue using your adblocker. 21 Wood Brothers Ford. 0:36. I felt like we had a decent car. "I've been fortunate to have many roles within the sport and I'm excited to add this venture into the fold," Burton stated. We dont want to stop that line of communication directly between a single driver and a NASCAR representative, or track representative, or manufacture representative. The FIA International Court of Appeal is the appeal level of the jurisdiction of the FIA and hears appeals of decisions taken by various sporting and disciplinary bodies, such as stewards or the FIA International Tribunal. This will benefit present and future sponsors, our current and future fan base, as well as the teams and viewership in general. 2023 Nascar Hall Of Fame. A member of the NASCAR Board of Directors, Crotty is the first NASCAR representative to serve in this capacity. View detailed PG description & address. Ferrari Challenge North America opens 2023 season in Miami, Austin Hill wins Las Vegas Xfinity race with late pass, Austin Hill wins Las Vegas Xfinity race with late pass Austin Hill wins Las Vegas Xfinity race with late pass, Ganassi, McLaren drivers frustrated by St. Pete qualifying, Ganassi, McLaren drivers frustrated by St. Pete qualifying You have to have someone or a group of people make this happen. I stand by the actions that we took, and I think they were the right ones.. Months after the companys stock price dropped so low it was in danger of being kicked off the Nasdaq stock exchange, Insider Gaming reported Monday that its entire board of directors has been ousted. That came a week after drivers expressed their displeasure with the announcement that Atlanta Motor Speedway would be repaved and reconfigured for the 2022 season. The Daytona 500 has been NASCAR's marquee race since its beginning in 1959. as legal counsel. 877-893-0702 Smith, 20, has five Craftsman Truck Series victories. succeed, a multi-talented team must carry out the many 9 Chevrolet, qualified 32nd for what will be his third Cup Series race. About Us. chairman, a title he will share with current Vice Chairman Jim France, A member of the NASCAR Board of Directors, Crotty is the first NASCAR representative to serve in this capacity. The runner-up finish was his fourth at Las Vegas, a track where he remains winless. Richard Petty: The King of NASCAR Board of Directors Join Today Contact Us. Second place was Hendrick Motorsports driver William Byron, who ran 185.153. George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis. The giant Daytona International Speedway, built by NASCAR . The Councils role is to gather as much information as possible, communicate that with the drivers, be a conduit to communication, not a firewall. Goldman, Sachs & Co. LLC served as exclusive financial adviser and Baker Botts L.L.P. Meet the Team - NASCAR Careers The son of Lesa France Kennedy, CEO of International Speedway Corporation and Vice Chairperson and a NASCAR board. It worked out.. That sucks so bad. Motorsport Games is angling to become the de-facto hub for racing esports and licensed simulators based on real-world racing series, but its efforts to grow have met considerable resistance in 2022. Smith had dominated most of the race prior to the closing laps, leading 118 laps. Steve understands every part of our business and has demonstrated a consistently confident and steady presence in the face of adversity. for day-to-day operations of all of NASCAR's departments. of crucial initiatives that have made NASCAR what it is today. He slid into the outside wall, causing major damage to the No. One thing is for sure. The driver council went away in 2019. I want to be working. Hes only the fifth person to hold the president position. During his tenure as president, Phelps has also overseen the merger and integration with International Speedway Corp. and instituted a Premier Partner model for the Cup Series. 2023 Nascar Hall Of Fame. Speedway Motorsports Announces Five Promotions, Chip Ganassi Racing Announces Women In Motorsports Internship Class, Business Owner, Former BendPak VP Gary Henthorn, 52. NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jim France today announced a key addition to the highest level of NASCAR's leadership team, appointing NASCAR President Steve Phelps to the Board of Directors. We often look to drivers for input when making decisions that affect the sport, and the Drivers Advisory Council will help streamline that communication. NASCAR names Steve Phelps to Board of Directors