Organized: 3/5 if not 4/5. Will have its effects lessened over a few months, though. Find the official Discord here: I used to not run it, but I think I'll always run it in the future ever since using it. Again you probably don't know how detection works in the game. It really does much of the same as Fast Reader when it comes to saving time, and you rated that a 2. These skills suck as short blunt and spear will take longer to gain levels in. Traits are positive and negative bonuses that you can apply to your character in Project Zomboid. Runner: 3/5. Maybe 5/5 Simply because it's the only trait that gives nimble. Possibly the best perk you can take. Thanks for posting your list! 22. r/projectzomboid. Best Positive Traits in Project Zomboid Build 41, How to cure and fix Nervous Wreck moodle in Project Zomboid, How to barricade and board up windows in Project Zomboid, All Project Zomboid Moodles and how to deal with them, All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post, Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments, We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason, Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer. As these two are pretty similar to each other i thought id bring them both under the same category. In a game where getting injured has a high chance of death, you won't want to get hurt often anyway. ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px} if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'setreadygame_com-leader-1','ezslot_15',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-setreadygame_com-leader-1-0'); Along with this you have the option to pick up the positive trait known as Brave. Chances are you are taking a character with an occupation and already have an idea on what which weapons you wish to skill up. This means driving through bushes, towing vehicles, and having to life-or-death plow through zombies, will fail horribly. Feeble, weak - by training strength. The name of the game is avoid being attacked at all costs since any damage from a zombie can be a death sentence. Seriously, getting both of these will be a slog at the start but thanks to the new exercise system introduced into the Build 41 version of the game you can get your fitness level up by utilizing it. The bonus to crafted structures is nice too but not a major selling point. 4 & 5- Always worth considering when making a new character. How good this is, is up to you. Considering how valuable points are this is a massive waste. This is a real challenge to start with and a pain in the ass to raise your fitness. Leveling farming is kinda easy, just read a farming book and collect the crops. Or just don't go outside in the wet and cold? .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} A great one to take with pacifist is Fast Learner as it will end up in a net positive multiplier for weapons. Positive Traits: Speed Demon 1/5 Waste of one point. For that reason, I always take thin skinned and just pray for the best. Organized increases the storage capacity of all containers so its a little more useful than youre giving it credit for but I agree that its expensive. One of the best traits frequently recommended by the Project Zomboid community is Short-Sighted. Lastly, the bonus that thick skin provides is so negligible that its not worth the points. This also reduces your base fatigue rate by a good amount, meaning that you avoid the horrendous tired debuffs for longer. Its also very cheap considering the bonus. Along with surviving the most obvious threat of flesh eating undead you will have to navigate your character's psyche as well as stress will impact your character's ability to deal with their situation. Nimble increases your move speed in combat stance but is almost impossible to level without some kind of boost. If youre being stealthy you can generally avoid getting into danger but youre right. This can be an issue though if do get surprised by an enemy (which can happen often in Project Zomboid), but as long as you are a stealthy player you should be fine with Thin-Skinned! I figured you guys would appreciate it. All rights reserved. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Otherwise, 5 free points. I can recommend using agorophobic and Adreneline junkie so you run much faster while outside at the trade for being panicked. Smoker means that the longer your character goes without smoking the more gradually unhappy they will get. Take fast learner instead. I'm definitely not confident or patient enough to play that character yet, though! Allows you to detect zombies behind you at a greater distance. Claustrophobia on a no sleep MP server is just free points. It is 99% the answer to all these posts. But at that point you might as well give your character 2 extra points in the settings. 7. It's entirely unnecessary. High Thirst Points: +6 Effect: 200 percent increased thirst. Both of these traits will make your character pretty much useless when it comes to running around or doing anything at the start of the game. For example, Sunday Driver, Short-Sighted, Slow Healer, Slow Reader, and Weak Stomach are negative traits and if you don't have a good combination of the best positive and best negative traits in Project Zomboid, you will have a hard time. The Best Positive Traits in Project Zomboid Build 41. For only 2 points this perk is a must-have. Short Sighted: 4/5 I think even when it is functioning (I think it doesn't do anything right now). inconspicuous actually sucks. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I play with all loot set to extremely rare except for melee weapons set to rare and guns/ammo set to normal. You will wake up close to tired. Did any of the traits surprise you and do you think that you are going to take some of the traits that Ive mentioned in the post on your next play-through? ._1sDtEhccxFpHDn2RUhxmSq{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._1d4NeAxWOiy0JPz7aXRI64{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}.icon._3tMM22A0evCEmrIk-8z4zO{margin:-2px 8px 0 0} Then you will already have a extra point or two into your category of choice from this. Although it seems daunting at first, a good source of water is really not that hard to come across. Because of this, it's an easy +4 points that can be used to get an extra positive trait. If you're not a Burglar (or Police) it's a very good pick. I like it, but more importantly a lot of other people consider it very useful as well. Conspicuous doesn't really make much of a difference; Zombies that look in your direction can and usually will spot you anyway. There is a great video out there about it and TLDW, its only use is if you pass a window the zombie has a slightly less chance of seeing you, but if u r in the open, forget it. And leveling up shooting is fairly easy with so many zombies and a few boxes of shotgun shells. Stay aware of your surroundings and it wont be a problem. Pretty much a non-issue with certain weapons that can consistently one-shot even at low skill levels. Yes thats right. This means that the player can start the game with only negative traits if they choose to do so, but if the player wants positive traits they will have to make some compromises. Maybe not deadly, but you will attract a few more zombies. Wakeful: 5/5 Less loss of fatigue and faster sleeping time. #projectzomboid #zomboidI wanted to try another challenge in Project Zomboid, so I decided to see what it would be like to create a character with (almost) a. Panic while performing first aid isnt really an issue. The XP boosts will be massively helpful too. Valve Corporation. Fit/Stout are a waste of points because the huge bonuses trigger at 9+ so you're paying 6 pts for very marginal benefits and to top it all off 7 strength is actually possible to grind out via exercise without hating yourself, especially if you already start with 5 base. Consensus I've gotten from others on Cat's Eyes definitely makes it at least a 3. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America). Please read the following rules before commenting: Save my nickname and email in this browser for the next time I comment. It's actually difficult to keep weight on my character with how much I jog around, which as I've found with the Minimal Display Bars mod, burns a ton of calories. However, keep in mind you won't have this button in multiplayer, so we would avoid choosing it withmultiplayer characters. Which DOES affect stamina. Check near gas stations and inside residential homes and youre bound to come across some cigarettes to sate those smoker cravings. For more information, please see our Significantly defeats the purpose of using vehicles. Negative traits give you points back, which you'll need if your occupation puts you in the negative. This in turn will help your character not to get panicked as quickly. Short Sighted only affects foraging radius and makes no difference to actual perception sight. It can be rather annoying having a character only stressing out any time you go into a tight. (It has positive and negative traits in mind) Until next time, stay frosty survivors! All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. You can really live without this one, 6 points is costly too. Character is going to be stressed all the time, and washing clothes wastes time and water (and sometimes becomes unavailable while away from base once water supply cuts out). This trait would be a hard sell even as a negative. The end result is usually pulling a few more zombies than you would without the trait, making it a decent negative trait for a combat build. Your character has a perception radius even behind them, supposed to represent hearing. It's great, I don't know why you think it's bad. -1 Fitness. Just watch life and living and read books for the first week to level cooking. In short, when you get injured, just avoid combat and take it easy for a few days and let your wounds heal. Take weak stomach instead. Also makes vehicles louder. I went with light eater just because I figured it'd be fewer distractions, but as a result I've found I have to overeat anyway to maintain calories. I don't see very many discussions on this topic, and the wikis are barren with which traits can go away aside from those as a result of the recent Fitness update. One of them is asthmatic, which I don't think should be too much of an issue if I'm going for a stealth build. Useful skill, but its hard to justify spending 5 points on this. ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{margin-bottom:8px;position:relative}._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq._3-0c12FCnHoLz34dQVveax{max-height:63px;overflow:hidden}._1zPvgKHteTOub9dKkvrOl4{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word}._1dp4_svQVkkuV143AIEKsf{-ms-flex-align:baseline;align-items:baseline;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);bottom:-2px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap;padding-left:2px;position:absolute;right:-8px}._5VBcBVybCfosCzMJlXzC3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI{position:relative;background-color:0;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);border:0;padding:0 8px}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:before{content:"";position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;border-radius:9999px;background:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);opacity:0}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:hover:before{opacity:.08}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus{outline:none}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:focus:before{opacity:.16}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI._2Z_0gYdq8Wr3FulRLZXC3e:before,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:active:before{opacity:.24}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:disabled,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[data-disabled],._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[disabled]{cursor:not-allowed;filter:grayscale(1);background:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50)}._2ZTVnRPqdyKo1dA7Q7i4EL{transition:all .1s linear 0s}.k51Bu_pyEfHQF6AAhaKfS{transition:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:block;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);border-radius:4px;padding:8px;margin-bottom:12px;margin-top:8px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-canvas);cursor:pointer}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:focus{outline:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK._3GG6tRGPPJiejLqt2AZfh4{transition:none;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO{cursor:pointer;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid transparent;border-radius:4px;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO:hover ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button);padding:4px}._1YvJWALkJ8iKZxUU53TeNO{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._3jyKpErOrdUDMh0RFq5V6f{-ms-flex:100%;flex:100%}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v,._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._3zTJ9t4vNwm1NrIaZ35NS6{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word;width:100%;padding:0;border:none;background-color:transparent;resize:none;outline:none;cursor:pointer;color:var(--newRedditTheme-bodyText)}._2JIiUcAdp9rIhjEbIjcuQ-{resize:none;cursor:auto}._2I2LpaEhGCzQ9inJMwliNO,._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{display:inline-block;margin-left:4px;vertical-align:middle}._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;margin-bottom:2px} To anyone asking how to enter or remove something from game. Waste of one point. Tldr get outdoorsman if you get prone to illness and thin skinned. Copyright 2023 Pro Game Guides. Plus, you can easily speed the process up by hitting the fast-forward button at the top of your screen. Brave will cost 4 so you will essentially get a free point and not too much risk of panic. Stress from being bloody is annoying and can be an issue unless you have a lot of water collectors or are set up by a river. Napkin math puts all of that together as +42 trait points that either can be worked off or will eventually become irrelevant. I wanted to spice up my character with some positive and negative traits to make zomboid a little more interesting. Strength is difficult to level up, dont take this. Don't really need it if you have a profession that gives maintenance though. Unless TIS changed something Poor Eyesight is permament, used to pick that one and survived for couple of months and it didn't go away but it was long time ago in a galaxy far, far away What about if you quit smoking? First Aider: also easy 1/5. -1 fitness, Description: Reduced running speed, low endurance and prone to injury. This will keep your high tier weapons usable for longer. Now, SP and MP differ slightly because of no time forward. Long-term, these traits can be great for getting some of the good traits. The only reason it isn't more highly ranked is after a few months you get less and less panic from zombies anyway. Find the official Discord here: New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, The subreddit for Project Zomboid. The only opinion I disagree with is thin-skinned. Gymnast 4/5. Can't add to the post as i am newbut thank you:-). MUST HAVE Negative Traits - Project Zomboid Swayed 2.04K subscribers Subscribe 6.2K views 2 weeks ago #0121 Give these Negative Traits a try and tell me what you think! Similar to angler, if you want to use long blunt take this perk, otherwise, don't. Maintenance and carpentry are essential skills. I never play without it. Cookie Notice Panic cancels out boredom, turning claustrophobia into a big-brain strat. I play with darker nights so Cat Eyes is one that I always take. I replace hemophobic with claustrophobic, there are a few tricks that make it not a big deal. Waste of points. Though its hard to justify taking for 8 points. 142. More experienced players may find the points spent better elsewhere instead. I don't see very many discussions on this topic, and the wikis are barren with which traits can go away aside from those as a result of the recent Fitness update. 2 points for 1 str, 1 axe and 1 sprinting for a minor weight debuff is nuts. Unfortunately most of the traits are broken, some not really working at all or doing things completely different than they say in the descriptions. Useful for stealth, but stealth skills will always be far, far more useful to level up. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.