It was something my grandma taught me, and I have always loved to relax in the evening on the sofa, watching my favorite TV shows while knitting. Just be sure to choose a pattern that is rated as easy or beginner friendly.. Do Not Sell My Personal Information window._mNHandle.queue = window._mNHandle.queue || []; This classic boyfriend sweater is designed to be flattering in any size. Keep warm in the colder month with our chunky cardigan patterns and keep stylish all year round with these designs, lovelingly created by our independent designers and favorite brands. About Us The pattern comes with instructions for four size options ranging from small/medium to 4XL/5XL meaning that you can make the perfect fit for your recipient. Minimal Wardrobe interstitials: {google_ad_channel: '9127495082'}, You only need know how to knit a basic decrease (knit two together), and feel comfortable with knit and purl stitches. 22. stripes, stripes, stripes. This pattern comes with instructions for nine sizes ranging from XS to 5XL meaning that you can find the perfect option to fit your recipient. <3. The sides of the cardigan are worked in moss stitch and youll also be working a purl 1, knit 1 ribbing for the cuffs and hem. ChicNiCity Tori Midi Duster Cardigan Top off sleeveless tops, dresses and tanks with this printed, midi-length cardigan. Even if you purchase the exact same yarn as the pattern designer, remember that every knitter has a unique gauge. Sizes are noted throughout the pattern in the following way: S (M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL). Yarn: Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester 2/8 (Fingering Weight #1). This boxy cardigan is sure to become one of your favorite clothing pieces whether youre cozying up by the campfire or spending the day studying on campus. Seamless cardigans:Seamless cardigan sweaters are knit all in one piece on long circular needles. The great thing about this pattern is that it can easily be customized by altering the length to suit your recipient best. Most patterns include a suggested skill level for your convenience. Pick up stitches evenly along entire collar area (pick up one stitch at each row), Work a 1 x 1 rib pattern until collar measures approximately 2.5 wide. Baby Sophisticate. Search around until you've found your perfect piece. 25 Free Knit Cardigan Patterns for Everyday Wear. Report this item. This pattern comes as a PDF file that is immediately available to download upon purchase and is suitable for advanced beginners who want to work on a larger project. Share on Instagram or Facebook: When you make this project, share it on social media and tag me @sarahmaker. Some shaping. You can make one for yourself with stockinette stitch for the main part and simple ribbing for the edging and cuffs. However, it doesn't have to be. The super bulky yarn makes it perfect for snuggling into on cold days. Its perfect for fall weather - just throw it over your favorite t-shirt as soon as that cozy chill starts settling in the air. Behold this lovely fitted and striped cardigan that is the Tempest. Unlike the majority of easy cardigans, this cardigan is more unique as it consists of an English rib which is a little bit more difficult to complete and perfect for those wanting to learn new stitches after mastering the knit and purl based stitches. My Big Comfy Ribbed Cardi Knitting Pattern. dhtml_v2.linkSource.sourcecode = "ORGANIC-REFERRER_UNKNOWN"; 900-1200 yards. This cardigan is made using basic stitches including stockinette stitch, 11 ribbing, and picking up stitches which is great for beginners. The sleeves come with two options: bell-shaped or balloon-shaped. (For row 1, you will work a knit stitch, followed by a purl stitch, repeating this pattern across the row. Please dont use my photography if you use my patterns to make and sell finished product. Has anyone tried this pattern? The pattern includes instructions for multiple sizes ranging from XS to 4XL and comes as a PDF file that is available to download immediately upon purchase. The button enclosure is my favorite part! Hi, my name is Amanda Brown, and I have been able to knit since I was a child. Autumn Afternoons Cardigan Knitting Patterns for ladies from Lion Brand. dansk Theres nothing like a hand-knit cardigan to keep you cozy in cooler weather. Available in a variety of sizes and with step-by-step instructions,, The No-Button Knitted Cardigan simply screams "cozy." Suggested yarn: Sundara Yarn Worsted Merino. Its panels are worked from the bottom up. US Size 10/6mm double pointed needles (optional for sleeves if knitting in the round). 1. I hope this was easy enough for you to make and that you can proudly wear it for years to come! This free long sleeve cardigan sweater is worked seamlessly from the top down. Yarn: Lion Brand Color Made Easy (Bulky Weight #5). I wish I could feel the material through my computer! This pattern comes with instructions for five sizes ranging from XS to XL so you can choose the best option for your recipient while the instructions are clear to read and easy to follow allowing you to work on your pattern-reading skills. Although its long, its simple to make and would be a good first sweater project. Heres the stitch breakdown: stockinette, rib, and moss with some simple shaping and picking up stitches. This pattern comes as a PDF file that is available to download immediately after purchasing and comes with written instructions in English and uses standard US knitting terminology so you can work on your pattern-reading skills. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. !function(n){if(!window.cnx){window.cnx={},window.cnx.cmd=[];var t=n.createElement('iframe');t.display='none',t.onload=function(){var n=t.contentWindow.document,c=n.createElement('script');c.src='//cd.connatix.com/connatix.player.js',c.setAttribute('async','1'),c.setAttribute('type','text/javascript'),n.body.appendChild(c)},n.head.appendChild(t)}}(document); So, please feel free to share your favorite free knit cardigan patterns with us in the comments below. Definitely use the mattress stitch seam to sew up the sides and the sleeves of this cardigan. 2023-03-06T09:00:00.00-04:00, *excludes Silk City Fibers, AR Workshop, and clearance. google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3960203165302510", Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Ice (Super Bulky Weight #6). If youre experienced and would like to knit the sleeves in the round to avoid sewing and seaming, you may do so. 7 is a simple raglan cardigan. This" A lot of these patterns are also available in kit form from Lion Brand Yarn - see those HERE. Within this list, youll find sweaters knit with various yarn types and weights, from fingering weight all the way up to super bulky. Yarn: Bernat Super Value (Worsted Weight #4). The pattern is offered in six different sizes and makes for a drapey, flowy cardigan. Theyre just so comfortable and cute! On the other hand, knitting allows you to play with cables more and there is a wider range of knitting stitch combinations than crochet. Repeat rows 1 4 until there are 28 (32, 36, 40, 44) sts left on needle. Get this pattern 2. This cardigan may look complicated but is incredibly easy to construct and is great for advanced beginners who have mastered the basics and want to challenge themselves on more challenging techniques and shaping. Seaming:If your cardigan is knit in pieces, youll need to sew them together at the end. for yourself with one of the amazing free knitted cardigan patterns in this free knitting pattern round-up. Sign Up for More Free Knitting Patterns Its also SO easy and makes for a great first sweater project. The pictures illustrate the M (medium) size. Wool-Ease Thick & Quick was the obvious choice for this design (and let's face it, pretty much any design) and since I knew this would be my new favorite cardigan, I chose to work with my absolute favorite color - Graphite.This steely grey with flecks of cream and brown is the ultimate cozy fall color and if I had it my way I'd make everything in it! shopping_cart Cart: 0 Products - 0.00. This pattern comes with instructions for a variety of sizes ranging from XS to 5XL and the written instructions are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology making it clear to read and easy to follow meaning that you can work on your pattern-reading skills. This pattern comes with instructions for a variety of sizes ranging from XS to 5XL and the written instructions are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology making it clear to read and easy to follow meaning that you can work on your pattern-reading skills. Its a win win! This pattern comes with instructions for multiple sizes ranging from XS to XXL and comes with plenty of photographs to provide you with a visual aid so you can track your progress with ease. This wrap top is a perfect option to knit yourself, because you can check the fit as you go to ensure that each part is just right for you! It is knitted in Artesano DK, "A full length cardigan knitting pattern in the lovely soft artesano handpainted dk. Blocking includes wetting and drying your knit cardigan to set its shape. Pattern Description: Introducing the comfiest cardigan that youll want to wear everyday! sweater no. Long lines of cozy english ribbing are the hallmarks of this wonderful knit cardigan. $(document).ready(function() { (10 cm) in St st (k on RS, p on WS) with larger needle and 2 strands of yarn held tog Pattern Size Options The options are nearly endless with this lovely, fitted knit sweater! Cropped cardigans are a really popular style right now, and you can finish them much faster than traditional or longer length cardigans. The Hygge yarn from Red Heart creates a soft halo around the work, giving it a casual and comforting feel, Have you recently started knitting? If you have mastered the basics of knitting and want to venture into making your own clothes then making your own cardigan is something you should consider. This pattern comes with instructions for a variety of sizes ranging from XS to 3XL so you can make the perfect cardigan for your recipient. Glitter is a cropped cardigan designed by Martin Storey for Rowan Yarns with cuffed elbow sleeves and a cropped waistline for a very stylish garment. by Bonne Marie Burns. You essentially will be making one large rectangle for the back, two large rectangles for the front panels, and two lightly shaped sleeves. Please follow the key throughout the pattern according to the size you are crocheting: Bust Circumference (approximate finished measurements): 2 x 2 rib pattern You should know how to work a 2 x 2 rib pattern. Betty is versatile, fun to make, and easy to wear! Yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Brushed Alpaca Silk (Worsted Weight #4). aiayu x mft knitwear. This raglan cardigan is so easy you will want to make more than one! The resulting color is so vivid and interesting. Knitting cardigans can seem intimidating but there are plenty of patterns out there that have been designed with advanced beginners in mind and come with plenty of guidance to walk you through each stage of the process. I used the color Vintage, which to me has a grey blue look to it but I like many of the other colors as well. If you have any additional questions, feel free to join myFacebook Group. Pinterest. Yarn: Habu Textiles Bamboo (Fingering Weight #1). })(); Layer up with one of these delightful free cardigan knitting patterns. That is no small feat! US Size 11 8.0 mm 29" circular knitting needles 4 (5,6,7,8) skeins Lion Brand Yarn Jeans in Vintage 100 g/skein (Convenient kit available here) Pattern uses approximately 390 (456, 542, 648, 750) grams total Measuring Tape Tapestry Needle Scissors Dimensions (approximate): Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL Cast-on 99 sts. They're all free patterns and won't cost you to use. Here are some more guidelines to help you search for simple cardigan patterns: And if youd rather knit a pullover style sweater instead, check out this collection of our favorite free knit pullover patterns. Pattern attributes and techniques include: Contiguous . (61 (63.5) cm). Repeat rows 13 & 14, working stockinette stitch until panel is approximately 29 (31.5, 34, 36.5, 39) long. Todays cardigan, however, is a bit lighter, has amazing drape, and can be used in just about any climate. Contact Phone: 01562 747458 Email: info@ohsewcrafty.co.uk. Second, make sure the cardi you are going to make is something you (or the intended recipient) will actually wear. This short sweater is worked from the top down and adds a vintage, feminine look to any outfit. Hear me out here. You can find a knitting pattern for a cardigan for yourself, for your special someone, or for your teen in this collection of women's knitted cardigan patterns, but there are also plenty of cardigans for men, babies, and children on our site, as well! Coats and jackets have always been popular and are in current modern winter fashion too! var sct = document.createElement("script"), sctHl = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0], sctHl.parentNode.insertBefore(sct, sctHl); Our fourth recommendation is the Downtown Cardigan Knit Pattern which is made using bulky yarn meaning that it is extremely quick and easy to make. This cardigan is worked from the bottom up with the body worked flat on straight needles and the sleeves knitted in the round on circular needles. Yarn: Lion Brand Basic Stitch (Worsted Weight #4). Yarn: Lion Brand Pound of Love (Worsted Weight #4). Subscribe to receive early access to exclusive daily deals and more, 16 sts + 23 rows = about 4 in. The pattern comes with instructions for one size but thanks to its oversized fit, it can fit a lot of sizes. Its made of three rectangles and some basic sleeves with a bit of seaming at the end. 25 Free Christmas Stocking Knitting Patterns, 25 Free & Easy Sweater Knitting Patterns (Great for Beginners!). work the next (knit) row. After you knit all your three rectangles and sleeves, you will seam and sew all the pieces together to assemble the sweater. You can know that while I accept sponsorship and use affiliate programs, I will not use or promote anything that I do not believe in personally. Here are a few of my favorite, cozy cardigan yarn choices. Seam sides of front and back panels with mattress stitch seam. Star Bright Baby Cardigan and Hat. Rated easy by the designer Vladimir Teriokhin for Lion Brand. Since you seem to enjoy my mini-series on favorite patterns, I decided to continue with the theme and share three of my favorite cardigan knitting patterns with you. This pattern comes with written instructions provided in English and Portuguese and uses standard US and Portuguese knitting terminology meaning that it is clear to follow and easy to read while ensuring that you can work on your pattern-reading skills. Theres even a helpful video tutorial! Per the authors advice, use your darkest color on the bottom for the most flattering color scheme. Baby Cardigans Men's Cardigans Children's Cardigans, The Classic Knit Jacket is a thorough free knit sweater pattern with an easy and clean look perfect for knitters just starting out with clothing patterns. The cuddly rib stitching and squishy fabric is perfect for curling up at home or keeping warm when you're out. The thinner stripes in the middle help accentuate the waist nicely. Search around until you've found your perfect piece. The written instructions are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology making the pattern clear to read and easy to follow so you can get the best results. In my opinion, theyre one of the most satisfying things to knit. Sew it all together and youve got yourself one cozy cardigan. The sleeves are worked in the round and the body is worked flat meaning that some experience of working with circular needles will be helpful but this project can also be a great foray into circular knitting. It's great for beginners and includes eight different size options. Have you finished off dozens of scarfs, and a dozen more washcloths and baby blankets? This pattern consists of five main sections which are made using a combination of knit and purl stitches. Yarn: 220 yds of soft Aran Weight Yarn. You can make this one using garter stitch (and some rib stitch for the cuffs). 03/04/23. Bloggers: Seeking designs for your upcoming roundup? These arent the tight little cables you might be used to seeing. By the way, just because its made of rectangles doesnt mean its less of a sweater! Suggested yarn: Zitron Trekking Pro Natura. Our ninth choice is the Classic Knitting Pattern which has a vintage style and is perfect for those who want to make a cardigan that can work with formal and casual outfits making it highly versatile. Please let me know when your post is published so I can share it on my social media, too. And the best part is that you get to say, I made it myself! You can make one (or a few!) This long cardigan knitting pattern is free from Lion Brand. '&https=1' : '')+''; medianet_versionId = "121199"; Generally, they can be broken down into two categories: seamless construction and pieced (seamed) construction. The sweater has a classic design and universal appeal. yarn. -1 Likes, 0 Comments - @knitsdunord on Instagram: " Pretty Madison Cardigan and Elf Hat patterns are available in my Ravelry and Etsy shops. I recently shared the Coziest Cable Cardigan knitting pattern, which many of you have already made and Ive loved seeing them! The regular pattern comes with instructions for a variety of sizes ranging from small to 5XL meaning that you can make the perfect size for your recipient. Crochet knitting studio 3 96 Hallo friends , today presenting another knitting pattern .this pattern is one for all means you can apply this pattern on every knitting project like shawls cardigan blanket bed spread poncho etc .hope you like it .so plz share my video and subscribe my Mama, Colorado gal, lover of yarn and life. Basic Knitting Stitches:Click here for complete tutorials on How to Cast On, How to Knit, How to Purl, and How to Bind Off. Discover more patterns by Fancy Tiger Crafts at LoveCrafts! This is excellent news for beginner knitters! Free eBooks Then, youll assemble these pieces with a mattress stitch or other seaming technique. Yarn: Biscotte Yarns Bis-Sock (Fingering Weight #1). It is also a great project for more advanced knitters as it is easily can be customized and made larger or smaller depending on your preference. Click here for the free knitting pattern! My Favorite Sweater Knitting Pattern My Favorite Sweater is a sweeping design that perfectly blends draping fabric with tailored details, all knit up in plush 100% merino wool Dream yarn. Theyre dramatic but theyre also chill and theyre right at home on this cute and casual knit cardigan. Look for designs made from simple, rectangular pieces that will be seamed together. Like the caterpillar, emerge in the springtime revitalized, This Tassel Fringe Blanket Cardigan looks and feels like you're wearing a cozy knit blanket. Our seventh recommendation is the Easy cardigan knitting pattern which is a versatile cardigan that can be worn with casual and formal outfits making it perfect for those who want to make a cardigan that can work with any outfit. Super cute with jeans and your favorite t-shirt! Dont be afraid to practice any new skills before getting started. Cast on 72 (80, 88, 96, 104) stitch count remains the same throughout back panel pattern. Why wait for cold weather, grab your yarn and needles and download this free cardigan knitting pattern. When you seam stockinette, you want to use a mattress stitch seam (here from Purl Soho). Get the Tips for a Perfect Fit ebook FREE when you join our library! This classic cardigan is knitted in pieces from the bottom up. Here are the top knit cardigan patterns available on the market that you should consider: Our first recommendation is the Knitting cardigan pattern which is a great project for advanced beginners to try who have mastered basic stitches and want to challenge themselves on more complicated stitches and techniques. The pattern includes instructions that are written in English and use standard US terminology so you can work on your pattern-reading skills while also incorporating basic knitting techniques making it accessible for all skill levels. 3. For more advanced knitters, you may want to choose something more challenging to keep your interest. Theres nothing like celebrating the joy of a fall harvest in a comfy sweater. This lightweight cardigan is perfect for running errands or a fall day at home. This pattern comes as a PDF file that is available to download once the purchase has been made. This pattern comes as a PDF file that is immediately available to download upon purchase and the written instructions are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology so you can work on your pattern-reading skills and ensure that the pattern is clear to read and easy to follow meaning that you are guaranteed to get the best results. The written instructions are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology meaning that it is easy to read while ensuring that you can work on your pattern-reading skills. Knit from the bottom up. Le Pouf Learn how to create gorgeous color gradients with the marling technique. Heres a silhouette that we havent seen yet. For a collection of free and easy knit pullover sweaters, check out these 25 easy sweater knitting patterns. Knitting Pattern James C Brett JB802 Baby Marble DK Cardigan & Hat. dhtml_v2.initialize(); The, Wrap yourself up in warmth like the caterpillar wraps himself in a cocoon with a Cocoon Cardigan. sweater no. Your email address will not be published. Beginners will find this particularly useful as it will help them develop their pattern-reading skills. Keyword Index The cardigan is knit from the top down with raglan sleeves. Knitting yourself something that you can actually wear is such an amazing feeling. Tisane Cardigan Knit Pattern Download. I am currently working on the back panel bottom up, going from my 1x1 rib to stockinette, I am having difficulty with Step 6 which reads exactly as follows: "Decrease row (wrong side row): Change to colour B and 6.5mm (US10.5) needles and purl 11 stitches. Yarn: Berroco Tuscan Tweed (Worsted Weight #4). The edging is worked at the same time as the body of the piece, so you dont have to worry about picking up stitches. Next, work a 2 x 2 rib pattern until sleeve measures approximately 18.5 (18.5, 19, 19, 19.5) long. Feel free to knit for more or fewer rows to make it longer or shorter (keep yarn needs in mind). Next, work a 2 x 2 rib pattern for approximately 1/2. Thank you! This pattern comes as a PDF file that is available to download immediately after purchasing and comes with written instructions that are provided in English and use standard US knitting terminology so you can work on your pattern-reading skills and ensure that the pattern is clear to read and easy to follow. . Find them here youre sure to find something you love! This project is ideal for beginners looking for their first cardigan project because it doesnt require the use of circular needles.