The Detroit style pizza will need to be cooked at 425F for 18-21 minutes. 1/2 cup Roasted Mushrooms, recipe follows What a great invention for pizza lovers. The baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. A new product here in Canada. Frozen Foods. Cooking Instructions: Tray included for crispy crust! I think a longer cook time would help out Motor City Cos pizza. Great 3 meat Pizza/ DEEP DISH , my First Motor City Pizza !! It may be possible to use alternative cooking methods such as cooking the motor city pizza on the grill, stove, or even air fryer, but the most foolproof way will be to bake the pizza in the oven. So if the temperature is 400 degrees then it would take less time, but if it is 350 degrees then the time may vary from 25 to 30 minutes. If the oven is hotter, the pizza will cook faster, so keep an eye on it. Been that way for months now. The ingredients for this Costco Motor City Pizza include a crust, soybean oil, sauce, pre-mix blend, yeast, sugar, flavored oil meld, cheese blend, and pepperoni. 2. Pizza Hut's Detroit style is crunchy and cheesy, but one expert says Motor City natives 'would be offended' Review by Emily Heil January 27, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. EST Its nice to always have one in stock in the freezer. PLACE PIZZA ON CENTER RACK. The Motor City pizza from Costco can also be cooked in a pizza oven or a convection oven. Youre not the first person to say they are discontinuing the pizza. Deselect All. The pans used by Norma and the iconic Buddy's Pizza in Detroit are (according to legend) fashioned after automotive parts trays. Your oven temperature may vary so adjust baking time and oven temperature as necessary. The first step is to preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the pizza box. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Weve all heard the saying cardboard crust, and in fact, I may have even used that phrase to describe a few of the frozen pizza options at Costco. 2. This is especially true with a cheese pizza, which can be transformed into anything ranging from a Hawaiian pizza to a bbq chicken pizza. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The Detroit Style Pizzas can be found in Costcos frozen food section near other pizzas such as theKirkland Signature Pepperoni Pizza,Sabatassos Gluten Free Pizza, and theCauliflower Pizza. Do not broil baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. Once cheese is melted, remove pizza from oven. Allow pizza to cool for 1-2 minutes before slicing and serving. I recommend Italian seasoning, garlic powder, or even some spicy seasoning. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | California Consumer Privacy Act | DMCA| About us. However, we would like to invite our customers to visit our review site, where they can leave feedback about their dining experience. 4. PLACE CHEESE BREAD ON CENTER RACK Remove pizza from tray before cutting. I consider Costcos frozen pizzas a good base for building your at-home gourmet pizza. PREHEAT OVEN TO 425F Slice it before storing This will make it easier to reheat individual slices and prevent the Pizza from drying out. When youre ready to cook it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight, and then follow the cooking instructions above. Like I said above, I like to move the toppings to one side so I get a half cheese / half everything else. 2. Motor City Pizza is a Detroit-style pizza. Keep checking. (Plus that crusty bottom layer. The end result is that I thought this particular pizza was super tasty and delicious. Crust edge and cheese may brown quickly. The 3 of us could not finish it, so 1 was plenty for 2 adults & a child. Pepperoni: For 1:20 to 1:35 minutes. I'm a food blogger and I love to cook and eat! 2. 3 BAKE FOR 18-21* MINUTES. All products must be cooked thoroughly to 165F for food safety and quality. And finally, if youre short on time, you can use a store-bought pizza sauce. Ya, Im still seeing on the shelves at my Costco. Place 1 Costco frozen mini pizza on a baking sheet on the center oven rack. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. Caution: Tray and pizza will be hot! The pepperoni could be more evenly placed. 380 calories, 40mg cholesterol, 19g fat, 830mg sodium, and 278mg potassium, Total Carbohydrate 35g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 18g, Calcium 252 %, 2 % iron, Your email address will not be published. Detroit-Style Deep Dish Pizza. Method 1 Preparing Your Pizza 1 Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the box. However, you should not do this on a regular basis, as it can be harmful to the oven. Motor City pizzas are square, and usually have a thick crust. Then, cut each of those slices into two pieces. glad you enjoy. Instructions. 3. A thick, crispy crust topped edge to edge with 100% real mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, and red onion. 6) Use the NuWave pizza flipper, to flip the pizza top side up and remove the parchment paper. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Making Motor City Pizza at home is easy and fun! Bake for 18-21 minutes Furthermore, freezing your Costco Motor City Pizza before cooking it may result in a mushy texture and the dough may be affected due to the thawing procedure. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted and golden brown. Remove pizza from tray before cutting. I could easily distinguish which piece of meat I was eating. Place pizza on the center rack. How to Make Authentic Maritozzi (Italian Sweet Bun), Traditional Homemade Mooncakes Easy Recipe. Yes, the entire purpose of this article is to give you the cooking directions for Costcos frozen pizzas, but what if I told you there was a better way to cook the pizza. They now carry cheese! However, we would like to invite our customers to visit our review site, where they can leave feedback about their dining experience. Its a great pizza, but I need a little break and wont be having the second pizza on back to back nights. Place the Motor City Pizza on a baking sheet. (For best results, cook pizza from frozen and do not use a baking sheet.). TheSabatasso Pizza Singles cooking instructions will differ from the rest of the Costco frozen pizza selection as they are single-serving pizzas. Just be sure to add some extra spices to give it flavor. Motor City Pizza Cooking Instructions. Remember that its frozen & probably wont taste like youre sitting in a authentic Detroit pizzeria. No, there is no need to defrost the Pizza, you can cook it straight from the freezer and have a delicious pizza in no time. Remove cheese bread from tray before cutting. Frozen pizzas have come a long way since the last time I purchased one. This item may arrive slightly thawed, please freeze or refrigerate immediately. Smucker's Uncrustables, Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly Sandwich, 18 ct. You can also cook a Motor City Pizza in a convection oven. How do we get them to order for our stores. https://geni.us/UAgbIVisit Motor City Pizza Co here. Place the pizza on the grill and cook for 10 minutes. The pizza is usually topped with pepperoni, onions, and green peppers. However, you may be wondering how long you need to heat it up before its ready to eat. Cooking Instructions: Tray included for crispy crust! I love trying new recipes and exploring different cuisines. PREHEAT OVEN TO 425F Now, of course, I had to cook the Mega Pizza for this review. Caution: Tray and pizza will be hot! Made with the perfect blend of Italian spices. 2 PLACE PIZZA ON CENTER RACK. i am excited to try it! Lost the box and need the cooking instructions for the frozen pizza you bought at Costco? Item 1312303. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the pizza for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. Ill double check my Costco next time I go. The best way to cook a Motor City Pizza is in a conventional oven. This breaks down to an easy $7.50 per frozen pizza. If you like Detroit-style pizza, you should go to your nearest Costco warehouse and stock up on with as many pizzas as you can store in your freezer. The one downside, was that this extra extra extra meat pizza came out a little too salty for me to handle at the end. Bake for 18-21 (Do not eat without cooking. https://www.motorcitypizzacompany.com/Get a copy of my book here http. Frozen Costco Motor City Pizza Cooking Spray Instructions Begin by heating up your oven to 425F. I loved all the meats and really enjoyed the meal. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. Method of Preparation: Baking Cuisine: American Courses: Dinner and Lunch. 1 PREHEAT OVEN TO 425F Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep in tray. Grocery Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes only. Next, add the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, red onion, and green bell pepper. Preheat the air fryer to 350F for a pepperoni pizza or 325F for Four-Cheese Pizza. Awesome! The cardboard from pizza is safe to put in the oven, as it will not catch on fire. Enjoy! Place Pizza on Center Rack: Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. It was just about average. Caution: Tray and pizza will be hot! There is no asterisk on pricing label. Bake for 18-21 (Do not eat without cooking. Our Costcos in Orange County, Ca are not carrying them right now. Keep frozen. They are always in stock at my local Costco. This pizza is a few ounces smaller but has nearly the same ingredients. Should I defrost the Pizza before starting to bake it? Its the perfect I forgot dinner meal. Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep in tray. once the timer is set, the heating elements will turn on and the pizza will begin to cook. What I liked about it was that I took off half of the sliced & diced pepperoni to make it a half cheese, half peperoni pizza. rbst Free Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese*: *DO NOT EAT WITHOUT COOKING. The first thing you need to know is that the time it takes to heat up a Costco pizza will vary depending on the size of the pizza. Place frozen pizza on baking sheet on the center oven rack. As you can imagine, this was easily one of my favorite frozen meat pizzas. Cook for 6-8 minutes. In this article, were going to tell you everything you need to know about reheating a Costco pizza. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. In general, though, it will take around 15 minutes to cook the pizza if you use a conventional oven. Maybe Motor City Pizza will read this and send you some coupons. Spray the air fryer with cooking spray for added crispiness on the crust. Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep tray. Serve immediately and enjoy! Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep in tray. I'm from Detroit and Detroit style pizza like that is outstanding. KEEP FROZEN. Preheat your oven You can't cook pizza in a cold oven so you need to preheat it. If I had free reign and was making it myself, my pizza would look very similar. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. 3. Just make sure that the steps are followed properly. 7) Cook at high power for 3 - 4 minutes. This must be a complete outlier because it is insanely huge and weighs 5 ounces more than the other pizza. Each costs about $9, and I opted for the pepperoni pizza. Start by warming your air fryer to 400F for around 5 minutes. Take a look at the photos below to see what I mean. Now, take the pizza out of the plastic wrapping but leave it in the tray. This will help ensure that the pizza is cooked all the way through. Store it in an airtight container This will help keep the Pizza fresh and prevent it from drying out. Costco Lasagna Cooking Instructions: Its delicious! ACTUAL OVEN TEMPERATURE MAY VARY, SO ADJUST BAKING TIME AND TEMPERATURE AS NECESSARY. allegedly were created when a chef baked a pizza in an automated parts tray. How do you cook a Costco frozen pizza? A light beer like a Pilsner or Hefeweizen:These beers will not overwhelm the flavors of the Pizza, and their carbonation will help cleanse your palate between bites. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until the cheese starts to turn golden brown. BAKE FOR 18-21* MINUTES. Preheat the oven to high and cook the pizza for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cook on high. Remove the Motor City Detroit style pizza from the plastic wrapper but keep it in the tray. The first thing to keep in mind is that not all air fryers are created equal. Don't forget to call dibs!) The Ultimate Meat deep dish pizza from Costco features Italian sausages, sliced and diced pepperoni, and bacon. 1. If you want to reheat a Motor City Pizza, follow these instructions: The Motor City pizza from Costco is a delicious pizza that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Again, we want to emulate pizza shops as closely as possible, which means cooking at. If you prefer a softer crust, place pizza on a non-stick baking sheet. 5. PREHEAT OVEN TO 425F Any shredded cheese will do, but if you feel fancy, add somemozzarella, goat cheese, or aged parmesan. Great Job! Can I add extra ingredients to the Pizza? Preheat Oven to 425 Degrees F: Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep in tray. Bake the pizza for 17 minutes or until it is golden brown. LloydPans Kitchenware 10 by 14 Inch Detroit Style Pizza Pan USA Made Hard-Anodized. They can be cooked in the oven, microwave, or air fried. Place Pizza on Center Rack: Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. ACTUAL OVEN TEMPERATURE MAY VARY, SO ADJUST BAKING TIME AND TEMPERATURE AS NECESSARY. You should buy some and keep it in the freezer. Compare Product. How long does it take to cook this Pizza? Not interested in frozen pizzas? BAKE FOR 18-21* MINUTES. This pizza is typically cooked in a pan or baking dish that is about 1-inch deep. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. For the ultimate pizza, bake from a frozen state. Place pizza on a pan and place the pan directly on the center rack in the center position. Bake 12-13 minutes or until cheese has melted. Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base Recipe: Easy Step By Step! Place pizza on center rack. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 3. Brownies:Rich and chocolatey, brownies are always a good choice for dessert. Give it a try & let us know how it works out. Glad you found them and glad you enjoy them! On the other hand, Costcos new Motor City Pizza Detroit-style deep dish double pepperoni pizza is redefining many peoples perceptions of what frozen pizza can be. *DO NOT EAT WITHOUT COOKING. Baking tray should not touch the sides or back of the oven. Net weight: 25.84 Ounces. Pre-scored breadsticks are easy to cut with a pizza cutter or knife. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Im sure it would work. If you dont have those on hand, no problem; use what you find in your spice cabinet. Oh no! They can be cooked in the oven, microwave, or air fried. Remove your cooked Costco Motor City Pizza from the oven, then remove it from the tray and begin cutting it. The nutritional label is not the worst thing in the world, and the price isnt ridiculous. Ya. If the pizza is frozen, it will not cook properly in the microwave. You can easily find the frozen Motor City Pizza at your local grocery store in the frozen food aisle, fresh and tasty. This is a question that many people have asked, and the answer is yes, you can microwave a Motor City pizza. Once cheese bread is melted, remove cheesebread from oven. Target does not represent or warrant that the nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other product information on our Web . Before baking- take frozen pizza out of the pan and pour all of the toppings back onto the top of pizza and place it back in the pan, then cook. In fact she is referred to as "The Chef" by most of her close family not only because she attended culinary school and was an actual chef, but also because she has a passion for cooking for friends and family. If the pizza is too large, it will not cook evenly in the microwave. Amountsee price in store * Quantity 45 oz. switch to UPPER. Let the pizza cool slightly, remove from tray and slice to serve. I don't think you have to be a shill to say it's among the best for frozen. All Costcos have stopped caring Motor City Pizza. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove the pizza from the oven and let it rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Walmart sells a 28 ounce Three Meat Detroit Style Deep Dish for $7.44 which is essentially the same as Costcos price. The pizza everyone's drooling over at Costco contains lots of cauliflower, plus rice flour to bind everything together. The cheese and sauce on the pizza are both good. BAKE FOR 15-18* MINUTES KEEP FROZEN. Awesome Mike! It is a thick, square pizza that is typically cooked at a high temperature in an oven that has been preheated to 800 degrees Fahrenheit. Thick, airy and buttery flavored crust. We regret to inform our customers that our restaurant is closed and we are no longer taking reservations. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. USE CONVENTIONAL OVEN ONLY. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. They are usually cut into eight pieces. Bake 38 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Just as Emil De Salvi's frozen pizza company was taking off in 1951, a second frozen pizza company in Akron, Ohio, was also making inroads and building a name for itself. 3. Bagel Bites: Microwave & Oven Cooking Instructions (Cook Time). Discard Plastic wrap and silver microwave tray. Please send us an email at ship@giordanos.com or call our Shipping Hotline at 800-982-1756 (Monday - Friday 8 am-3 pm CST). They are manufactured in New Boston, Michigan, and Ill admit I got a little scared at first glance that maybe these werent true and authentic Detroit Style Pizzas. 1. Remove pizza from plastic wrapper but keep in tray. A frozen pizza is a great convenience food for a quick and easy meal. Time to stock up! Total Fat 19g (24% DV), Cholesterol 35mg (12% DV), Sodium 830mg (36% DV), Potassium 267mg (6% DV), Calcium 245mg (20% DV), Iron 2mg (10% DV). Keep me updated. Stovetop Cooking Instructions: Heat skillet over medium-high heat; Add thawed. This pizza is about double the price of a simple 1 topping pizza, but this Detroit style pizza is unique, brings a ton of flavor, and is made with significantly higher quality ingredients than your typical frozen pizza. PRODUCT APPEARS TO BE COOKED BUT IS NOT AND NEEDS TO BE COOKED TO INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OF 165F. Carefully remove pizza from oven without tipping. Just wrap the uncooked Pizza tightly in the freezer-safe wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 2 months. I'm also a big fan of healthy eating, and I love sharing tips and recipes for healthy and delicious food. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Chocolate chip cookies:These are a great option if you want something sweet and savory at the same time. Bake pizza in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. If you want a crispier crust on your Motor City Pizza, use the cooking spray for the basket of your air fryer. Do not allow pizza to thaw. Put your Motor City Pizza on the central rack, trying to ensure the baking tray does not contact the oven's sides or back. If you have an air fryer that is specifically designed for frozen pizzas, then you can be confident that it will do a good job cooking your pizza. USE CONVENTIONAL OVEN ONLY. Do you want a perfect pizza? Bake for 18-21 Minutes: Once cheese is melted, remove pizza from oven. Ingredients. Motor City Pizza Co only offers one way to cook their Ultimate Meat Detroit Style Deep Dish Pizza and that is to use the oven.