Welcome to the blog. I love creating quick and easy, family-friendly, real food recipes to share with y'all and make your lives easier. But, if youre just trying to warm a few slices for a quick bite, whos going to stop you? You mentioned different types of ham.fresh, smoked, etc.. but cooking directions are only for a pre-cooked ham. Easy Baby Shower Food Menu 30 Best Easter Appetizers Easy Recipes Easy Frog Leg Recipe. Bring to a boil and make sure the sugar has dissolved. 412 Show detail Preview View more . Would I use the same baking time for a pre-cooked sprial ham? Place whole cloves throughout and pour orange marmalade mixture over ham. Pour the glaze over the ham, and cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. These small hams are super easy for a meal any day of the week and priced reasonably. Thank You. Plan about pound of boneless ham per person. Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. Now, I buy pieces of ham like Kentucky Legend at the grocery and make it all the time. Cook until heated through. If you prefer to cook a bigger standard bone in ham, you might like this Glazed Ham with a Honey Orange Glaze. Mayonnaise. If desired, flip and baste the ham halfway through cooking time and again about an hour before the ham is done. Ive made this recipe with both a butt-end ham and a spiral cut ham. Not only is this a slow cooker ham recipe, but Ive included instructions on how to cook the ham in the oven and pressure cooker as well! Mix cup brown sugar with teaspoon of ground cloves, cinnamon, and dry mustard. Transfer to crock pot. In fact, for no less than ten years now, I've looked forward to making this recipe every time Easter and Christmas (and even Thanksgiving) roll around! Remove the ham from the packaging, discarding any plastic cap and/or glaze or flavoring packet. You dont have to! The sugar in the glaze mellows out that saltiness and creates the best ham youll ever taste. . Once you've made the glaze, pour it slowly over the ham, until the outside has been covered. And while you're welcome to try it at your own risk, I do not recommend slow cooking a ham on high heat. In a small bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, Dijon, orange juice and orange zest; set aside. Bake at 275 degrees F at 10 minutes per pound-or until meat thermometer reads 135 - 140 degrees. All of us who have had to prepare a big dinner know how much that helps when there are so many other dishes fighting for some oven space. Slow Cooker Holiday Ham - Damn Delicious Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham Recipe Cook on low for two and a half to three hours. When the internal temp reaches 140, its done! Kentucky Legend Ham Cooking Instructions Leaftv Recipes Using a sharp knife, shave away both the fat and the skin until you reach the pink meat. The small boneless hams I buy all have a rind all around them, even on the flat bottom. Dinner doesnt get any easier than this. Instructions. A half boneless ham is just cut in half with so just a shorter tube with one flat side. Allow the mixture to bubble and thicken for a minute or two, stirring occasionally. How to Cook a Ham in Your Slow Cooker - Taste of Home Top 45 How To Cook A Kentucky Legend Ham Recipes This process takes approximately 1015 . Note that it must have fresh as part of its name. Let the ham sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links. Im so glad that you did. Cooler fall temps = time to bust out the slow cooker. Instead of trying to heat up a pre-cooked ham in a Crock-Pot, it is recommended that you reheat the meat on the stove, or in the microwave or convection oven, until the meat reaches at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If using a bone-in ham, check the end of the bone for a plastic cap and, if present, discard. Make sure that your cooler is also in a cool place, like a garage or basement. The temperature of the slow cooker should be above 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the Kentucky Legend ham from the packaging and place it in a baking dish that's at least 2 inches deep. if i do not have a slow cooker, how would i cook in a standard oven? Push the cloves into the ham if using, placing them at the intersections of the cuts. And you dont even need an oven. Set the slow cooker to the low setting. If it fits in your crock pot, it will work. You can then place the ham in the slow cooker to keep it warm until youre ready to serve it. Colleen especially likes the fact that Kentucky Legends ham and turkey come pre-cooked and pre-sliced, making for easy, grab-and-go DIY sandwich bars for after-school snacks or weeknight dinners. Place the ham in a slow cooker. Fresh can be cooked in a crock pot by choosing a 5-9 lb ham (choosing a shape and size that will fit completely in your slow cooker with the lid on). | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-S, Lifver 15-inch Porcelain Embossed Rectangular Platter/Serving Plates, Set of 3, White, SET OF TWO (2) - Elegant Regency Line Tabletop Flatware Serving Meat Fork, Serving Utensil, Buffet Banquet Serving Forks, 18/8 Gauge Mirror-Polished Stainless Steel, See More Holiday Recipes at Julias Simply Southern, Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole, 2.5 lb Boneless Sliced Ham (Smoked precooked, like Kentucky Legend). Or use a half-boneless precooked ham if needed. If desired, you may flip and baste your ham halfway through cooking time, and again about an hour before it's done. However, you may choose cured or uncured, plain or smokedit's really just a matter of personal preference. Cook the ham on low 4-6 hours until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 F. Use a brush to dab some of the cooking liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker over the top of the ham. This is an easy recipe to double to the approximately 4-pound half ham size. (The Kentucky Legend Ham was already scored so that made this much easier!) Itll still be just as delicious without basting. Rub the brown sugar over all sides of the ham. Miz Helen. Pour 1/2 cup of apple cider in the bottom of slow cooker and place ham on top. before serving. Its all in the details and preparation. Top 45 How To Cook A Kentucky Legend Ham Recipes Easy Slow Cooker Ham - Allrecipes A great-tasting moist honey-glazed ham from your crock pot, and you don't need to eat ham for a week. 6 days ago tfrecipes.com Show details . Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature. I dont understand when you say cut side. How To Cook A Kentucky Legend Ham - Knowledge Matrix How to Cook Smoked Pork Hocks in the Oven or on the Stove, University of Minnesota: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service: Slow Cookers and Food Safety, Epidemiology and Infection: Outbreaks Attributed to Pork in the United States, 1998-2015, FoodSafety.gov: Meat and Poultry Charts. Use fresh or frozen vegetables if possible. The outside of the ham will typically have a layer of fat beneath the skin. Tent with foil and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. Lauren Habermehl is a recipe developer, food photographer and creator of the blog, Frydae. Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham - Kentucky 1 day ago kentuckylegend.com Show details Estimated Reading Time: 1 min . Spread about 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of the slow cooker crock. Place cooked ham slices in a slow cooker on low along with some additional liquidmore ginger ale will do, but you can add broth, barbecue sauce, hoisin sauce, orange juice or apple cider. How to cook crock pot honey glazed ham, How long to cook a small ham in a crock pot, Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham ~ Holiday Dinner from the Crock Pot! Pour the coke over the ham in a slow cooker. Gently place the precooked ham in the Crock-Pot. directions. Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham - Kentucky Legend . This does the math for the ingredients for you. I have a 3oz ham I want to cook in a crockpot but dont know how long to cook it. Place one cherry in the center of each pineapple ring. Combine brown sugar with reserved pineapple juice and brush on ham. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cola, and mustard over high heat. Wrap precooked 3 to 4 pound ham in foil and place in crockpot. Required fields are marked *. How to Make Ham in a Slow Cooker - Oh Sweet Basil Prepare the cooking glaze by mixing the pineapple juice, brown sugar and mustard together then pour over the ham. Slice the ham and serve. Kentucky Legend Off the Bone Ham Review - Deep South Dish The slow cooker will keep the meat moist and prevent it from drying out. Serving size is my estimate of a normal size unless stated otherwise. . Dont worry. Its robust notes of vanilla, sarsaparilla, molasses and cinnamon pair perfectly with ham. Kentucky Legend Ham Cooking Instructions - RecipesChoice We recommend using this Meat Thermometer for oven use. Pour can of cola around ham. Plus, slow cookers also use less electricity than ovens. Editor's Note: Originally Published March 19, 2016. When you cook often, its easy to wind up with five jars of Dijon mustard in the fridge. #mc-embedded-subscribe-form input[type=checkbox]{display: inline; width: auto;margin-right: 10px;}
#mergeRow-gdpr {margin-top: 20px;}
#mergeRow-gdpr fieldset label {font-weight: normal;}
#mc-embedded-subscribe-form .mc_fieldset{border:none;min-height: 0px;padding-bottom:0px;}
. Pour the remaining juice into the slow cooker. This ham salad is wonderful and I really believe the Dijon mustard and basil makes this recipe. Cover So, consider your slow cooker size when purchasing a ham. Every hour while cooking, spoon some of the pineapple solution on top of the ham and check the temperature. Recipe Instructions Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.Thirty minutes before serving, remove . Pour the ginger ale over the ham, then cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours until heated through. If you enjoy hams with a sweet, maple-like glaze, then consider trying root beer as your cooking liquid. Updated with expanded options, refreshed photos, and a table of contents to help navigation. Plan about pound of boneless ham per person. Heres what youll need to make this recipe: precooked boneless ham, brown sugar, pineapple juice and yellow mustard. Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. Keep pineapple the same and up the other ingredients by about 50%. If you would like to cook your entire ham at once, place it in a roasting pan and add about a cup of liquid to the bottom, such as water, ginger ale, cola or stock. Mix brown sugar with ground cloves, cinnamon, and dry mustard. Do your homework before you hit the kitchen a little thinking goes a long way! 2021-12-20 Combine sugar, honey, cider, mustard, paprika and garlic powder in a medium sauce pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high 1 hour, then low 6 to 7 hours or until ham is hot. Place ham into a 6-qt slow cooker. Banana Bread. If you like, you can add spices like cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg to the slow cooker with the precooked ham for additional flavor. The Best Ever Crockpot Ham Recipe l The Novice Chef This will give your crockpot ham the best flavor and texture. I will be trying this New Years day. HAM SALAD -The Southern Lady Cooks - Best Ever Recipe Cook for approximately 3 hours on low. Wrap precooked 3 to 4 pound ham in foil and place in crockpot. Cook - Turn crock pot on low for 2-3 hours or high 1-2 hours. To keep your ham safe, do not thaw your ham directly on the counter at room temperature or in hot or warm water. That's why . Thanks. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, Dijon, balsamic vinegar, and honey into a paste. . About DrDan, COPYRIGHT 2010-2023 101 COOKING FOR TWO. Pack the brown sugar mixture on the ham and move the ham cut side down to the crock pot on top of the pineapple. As a last resort, you may cover the slow cooker with a tightly-sealed, triple layer of heavy duty foil instead. Add the pop and pineapple with juice to the bottom and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. You can buy a whole, half, or quarter ham. Remove ham from slow cooker and let cool a bit until it can be handled. If you put your ham in the crockpot and it extends in a way that the lid won't fit snugly, you have two choices: The FDA recommends reheating a fully-cooked ham to 140F. See coupon (s) for terms. This delicious ham recipe is perfect for family meals or small holiday gatherings. Combine brown sugar with reserved pineapple . Dijon mustard. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork Ham. ), the secret to keeping leftover ham juicy is adding back moisture while warming it to keep it moist. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Post originally published on April 4, 2014, and republished on March 22, 2019, and December 7, 2021. Add water to the pan's bottom and wrap it all in foil firmly to keep the moisture out. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until internal temperature of 145 degrees has been reached. Hard boiled Eggs. These will print and be saved for your next visit. (new Image()).src = 'https://capi.connatix.com/tr/si?token=bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9&cid=877050e7-52c9-4c33-a20b-d8301a08f96d'; cnxps.cmd.push(function () { cnxps({ playerId: "bd5526af-9c84-429a-baca-e1c4e1072ef9" }).render("7917806a0d7f4109a1cb2a4492c81a1a"); }); Place your ham into your slow cooker cut side down. Sweet pickle relish. Here's How Easy Easter Ham is Done. Cover and cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F, basting . Some recipes have an option to display the photos here with a switch above these instructions but the photos DO NOT print. Slow Cooker Pepper Jelly Glazed Ham - Deep South Dish But theres one problem: You only have one oven and limited refrigerator space for make-ahead side dishes. I am at work for 7 hours tomorrow and need to leave it in the slow cooker all day while Im gone. Put the ham fat side up. Click here!). Pour the pineapple juice into the bottom of a large slow cooker. Instructions. No, youre not dreaming! This recipe is listed in these categories. Hi Jo I have a picnic ham with a thick layer of skin/ fat over the top. Hi Suzanne, This helpful graphic shows the expected shelf life for Kentucky Legend products. I have used this ham recipe for the past few years and I will not go back. The size of ham you buy depends on how many people you are going to feed. So, if you have a five-pound ham, you should be prepared to thaw it in the refrigerator for a full day. Cooking is always harder in a high-pressure situation (hellooooooo, TV segments! Just know spiral hams can dry out faster than other types of ham (even in the slow cooker). Crock Pot Brown Sugar Ham with Pineapple - Swanky Recipes Cook and stir frequently until the sugar has dissolved completely. A ham that has thawed in the refrigerator can be kept in there an extra three to five days before cooking. Place pre-cooked boneless ham in crock pot. Carefully remove the ham from the slow cooker and transfer it to a large carving board. Serve hot, topped with pineapple slices and cherries (if desired). Honey glazed ham made in the slow cooker! Pack the brown sugar on top of the ham, pressing into the cloves. Crock Pot Cola Ham Recipe - Food.com Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cornbread is golden. Baste the ham every hour or so, and you can leave the foil off for the last15-10 minutesto let the exterior crisp up a bit if youd like. The ham is a smoked pre-cooked ham so youre basically just heating it up with a glaze. But, first, make sure that your hams outer packaging is undamaged and leak-proof before submerging in the water. Yes, the ham used here is a pre-cooked ham. Step Three: Sprinkle the brown sugar over the mustard. Basically, it binds the mixture together. While we appreciate your sharing our recipes, please realize copying, pasting, or duplicating full recipes to any social media, website, or electronic/printed media is strictly prohibited and a violation of our copyrights. If you need more, buy the half ham, which will be about 4 pounds. (And then I would still rest the lid on top of the foil!) Baste ham with juices an hour or so before serving. Web KENTUCKY LEGEND HAM RECIPES FOR CROCK POT INGREDIENTS Nutrition 3 -4 lbs precooked ham 1 2 cup water DIRECTIONS Pour 1/2 cup water in crockpot. 2018-11-06 Place the ham in your slow cooker and set to cook on low. Butt-end hams tend to fit into typical slow cookers better. I grew up in South Carolina and love to share my tasty southern cooking, easy to follow recipes, and life experiences with everyone. The Best Brown Sugar Crusted Kentucky Spiral Ham Family Savvy. Try this ham with any of your favorite sides! Just beware of very hot steam escaping when you remove the foil. And be sure not to overcookserve as soon as the internal temperature of the ham tests done. This Easter Recipes Roundup has over 50 recipes for the perfect Easter Brunch and Easter Dinner spread. We may earn a commission from your purchases. It will vary some by your crock pot, the shape of the ham and starting temperature of the ham. Coat the ham with the glaze mixture. This is for food safety and to ensure the best quality ham is on your table. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat and bring the juices to a simmer. Learn how your comment data is processed. In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, Dijon, balsamic vinegar, and honey into a paste. That way you dont have to hack off parts of the ham to make it fit. In fact, you could cut cold slices right off our hams straight from the store to use for sandwiches or salads if you like. Cover and cook on low until a thermometer reads 140, 6-8 hours. Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, add the cola, brown sugar, and the mustard. Slow-Cooked Ham Recipe: How to Make It - Taste of Home Instructions. Thawing these ways creates the opportunity for harmful bacteria to grow on the surface of your ham. We love the set-it-and-forget-it convenience of using a slow cooker to transform Kentucky Legend ham or turkey into memorable mealtimes. Whole Cloves. Now what to do, not much get through a rind. Place ham inside crock pot, flat side down. How to Heat Up Precooked Ham Without Drying It Out? - Julie's Cafe Bakery Whisk together with wire whisk. Step One: Add the ham to the slow cooker; if your ham is too large, cut the smaller end off. Using a sharp paring knife, score the top and sides in a diagonal crosshatch pattern about 1/4 inch deep. Please read my disclosure policy. Cook until an internal temperature of 140-150. Brush with some of the leftover liquid and broil for about 5 minutes, glazing with additional liquid as preferred. So If it is a smaller ham but rind all around, I would suggest removing some of it. The FDA recommends that you reheat any type of leftovers to an internal temperature of 165F, so that's what you should test for. You can go with a large ham for a big group. With a batch of homemade rolls, and not one but two potato recipes roasting in the oven, where will you ever find the space to cook a whole ham? Ultimately, Crockpot ham is a forgiving recipe as long as youre cooking on low and keeping ham moist with enough cooking liquid in the crock. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations. You may score the ham for easier insertion if you wish. Professional chefs always live by this one keeping your knives in razor-sharp condition saves so much time in the kitchen and allows you to be precise. Just say no. How to Fully Cook a Boneless Ham in a Crock-Pot | livestrong So today, I've decided it's high time I update my slow cooker ham recipe with some new step-by-step photos, tips, and tricks! 16-20 minutes per pound at 325F, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 135F. These are some of my go-to side dishes for any big family dinner: Store the crockpot ham in anairtightcontainer in the fridge and it will last for3-5 days. STEP 3. Move the ham cut side down to the crock pot on top of the pineapple. That way, everyone can adjust how sweet their own servings of ham are by spooning some extra sauce over their slices. Turn crock pot on high for one hour. Meat is an obvious eat or get rid of before things start to stink, but condiments and seasonings expire too. If your goal is to impress guests, this ones for you practice recipes before making them for a special occasion! While ham doesnt look like a steak, the same rule about resting your meat applies. Crock-Pot Ham - Jessica Gavin Instead, pour a chicken or vegetable broth in the bottom of your slow cooker. But a smaller ham thats four to six pounds may only need 2 to 3 hours when cooked on low. Arrange ham slices on a platter and top with pineapple rings and cherries, if desired. Youll most commonly find cured hams at your grocery store which have been brined. Thank you so much for stopping by! Add the pineapple juice to a measuring cup then add the brown sugar and mustard. The ham I used in this recipe is a Kentucky Legend Ham. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. U never fail to impress me. Remove packaging and netting from ham. Fresh Hamis uncured leg of pork and it is uncooked pork roast which must be cooked before serving. Cover the crockpot and set to LOW. Brown Sugar . Cover and cook on low 8 hours, or until thermometer reads at least 145 degrees. Reheating leftover ham doesnt need to be a mystery. With the slow cooker set on low, put the ham in about 5 hours before dinner. From getting the kids out the door on time in the morning, to after-school activities like sports and choir practices, the to-do list in your head seems never-ending. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, add the cola, brown sugar, and the mustard.