The FOR-001 Accessport is $550. How can I do that? Well I won it got it home went to start the process of unmarrying it through Cobb only to find out they don't support that version anymore. You shouldnt! Come join the discussion about performance, engine builds, exhaust, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! What if I purchased a car with a tune on it from a dealer, but the original owner has the Accessport and there is no way to get in touch with them? Yes, it is in need of a relicense. I recently sold my 2007 Legacy GT and didnt have a chance to uninstall AP (AP3-SUB-003) because it was a last minute trade (I basically moved my stuff to a new car and went on my way) If I wanted to sell it to someone else with the same year LGT what would be the cost for them to unmarry? .jfhqs64031852aca31 { The instructions provided will walk you through each step of how to reset and reconfigure all parameters used by your access port back factory default values for stock configuration applications only. Make 100% sure it is properly Uninstalled. Give our Customer Service team a shout at 1-866-922-3059 or [emailprotected] and well help you figure out the most effective way to get your WRX tuned! Joshua. If the Accessport is uninstalled the total cost would be $150. Ninth you need to find the Cobb Accessport forum. Possible causes could include incorrect settings, incompatible software, general hardware malfunctions, or the device not being compatible with your car model. @media screen and (max-width: 767px) { the device has a UNINSTALLED state. Apr 7, 2018. Go to the dealer and tell them that yu mistakenly left the car's ECU tuned for some modifications that you removed prior to selling it to them. I have a 17 WRX. How long does the Cobb Accessport uninstall process take? .nrfsm64031852acb45 { Believe it or not, you can reset your Cobb Accessport to factory settings without actually needing the car. If you want to unmarry your COBB Accessport from your car there are a few things you need to do. Theyll then generate an unmarriage code for you. I would suggest that you go back to the dealer and tell them about it to unmarry your AP. He buys an installed Accessport from a Mitsubishi Evo X (AP3-MIT-002 $500 new). If you are able to uninstall it from the STI, it will then be able to be installed to the WRX with no issues. Next up, you will have to revert back from whatever tune was installed on your Accessport back into its original factory settings. It looks like one of our support team replied to your email today with the information needed to get started on taking care of that. and how much would it cost. Answer 11: Yes you can reinstall the Cobb Accessport at any time. Since the Accessport isInstalledhe will have the following costs: UninstalledANDWrong Part Number To Less Expensive AP: Jon owns a 2015 Subaru WRX. } Re:Another hack attack! How do you know if the Cobb Accessport is uninstalled correctly? I purchased an unmarried, non installed unit thats for an ecoboost for-003 and I own a 2017 fiesta st so I need the unit to be configured to for-001. However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash. [emailprotected]. I am looking at a married AP3-MAZ-002 for my mazdaspeed 6. Fourth you need to find the Cobb Accessport firmware. You would have to send it in and pay to have it unmarried and potentially part number changed depending on if it is compatible with your car or not. Can you Unmarry a Cobb Accessport without the car? @media screen and (min-width: 993px) and (max-width: 1200px) { Whether or not it will pass will also be dependent on the modifications done to the car and what issues are causing it to fail. Disconnect the AccessPORT from its OBD-II cable and remove any mounting brackets or hardware that are keeping it secure. } This isnt the only cost to consider when buying used. Give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected] and we can get the process started. Yes, it is in need of a relicense. If i need to change the part number of a V3 accessport, do I have to send it back to u? To start this process, give us a call at 866-922-3059 or email [emailprotected]. If youre a fan of Cobb Tuning and its Accessport device, then you know that it can seriously help improve the performance of your vehicle. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Once that's installed on your computer, next connect your Cobb Accessport device with a USB cable and wait for ATR Software recognize both that port and unit as well. Since the Accessport isInstalledand theincorrect part number, Mark will have the following costs: InstalledANDWrong Part Number Same Value: Drew owns a 2002 Subaru WRX. If it is successfully unmarried the only option you are going to get in the screen is "Install". The Version 2 Access Ports work a little differently. } The Subaru AccessPort is a handheld tuning device used to remap and tune a Subaru engine's ECU for improved performance. Please contact [emailprotected] to request to have the Accessport converted to the appropriate part number. display: block; Installed AND Wrong Part Number To More Expensive AP: Marshall owns a 2010 Mazdaspeed3. Married Cobbs are sold by people who forget to unmarry them before selling, or total the car or don't want to lose the map on the car when selling it, or selling the AP. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. He needs AP3-MAZ-002 ($675 new). Would the cost of re-licensing a SUB-004 be $337.50? Does anyone have an Unmarried Accessport that can unmarry/return to stock my ECU? You can also find other great tips online from forums and automotive communities who are willing to share their experiences dealing with similar issues. Well here's what the figures look like, my 06 subby has 60k and 12,378 left on the loan and I'm looking at a 2001 jeep cherokee sport w/ 40k miles listed at 8888. Ping Pong. Uninstalling will allow the Accessport to instantly apply to any other Evo X. Basically, if it does not say Intall on the main menu, it is still installed on another car. 3. Why Would You Want To Unmarry A Cobb Accessport Without The Car? We can reprogram that unit for you, but there will be fees involved and, depending on what you paid for that Accessport, it may be more cost effective to sell and purchase the correct part number. Select the "Uninstall" icon next to the vehicle you wish to unmarry. The Accessport has a feature called ECU flashing that requires the engine control unit (ECU) of the vehicle to be connected and communicating with the Accessport in order for it to complete its functions. i have a 08 wrx but the AP i have is installed to a 08 STI i wounder if i have to send it to cobb to reset??? And unregistered? How would I go about doing that and what are the associated costs? Finally, you'll need to remove any tune files or other data that's stored on the Accessport.Uninstalling the AccessportTo uninstall the Accessport, you'll first need to disconnect . Once these steps are completed and confirmed through a pop-up message box simply unplug your Accessport and reconnect later on when ready or leave connected - as desired - but either way be sure all appropriate function tabs within AccesPort Manager main interface show no loaded tunes. if i buy a AP3-SUB-003 unmarried and i have a 2015-2017 wrx that uses AP3-SUB-004, how much would it cost to convert it over? However, this leaves a car with a "locked" ECU that cannot be read out by or re-written SSM or ECUflash. "You've come far, and though you're far from the end You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been" BoostEqualsLife Registered Joined Apr 27, 2006 158 Posts There is no work around for having a limit of one vehicle per Accessport at a time. If not, we are able to relicense the Accessport for a cost of $325. Hey, so I got a married V3 AP from a 2013 Speed3. What can I do? Hi good days, I have a COBB accessport V3 in my car and tuned by a COBB ProTuner, and he is no longer do the custom tune job, now I am going to find another to dyno tune my mazda 3 MPS but he said I need to get a licence first, what should I do if I need a retune by a different person? To verify succesful unmarried AP either connect the AP again to the car or a computer using the USB cable provided in the kit. Intro COBB Tuning - Accessport V3 Install Uninstall Tutorial COBB Tuning 47.6K subscribers Subscribe 134K views 9 years ago Check out this quick Accessport V3 Install/Unistall Tutorial!. 2. Yes, it is in need of a relicense. The total cost would be $472.50. Once the latest version of software is successfully installed on your computer, simply connect your Accessport via USB cable and run the restore procedure provided with the specific tuning software you're using. I can pay the 150 to have it changed for use on my vehicle. While custom tune files will remain on the Accessport, they are created for a specific ECU type (we call them ROMs). .nrfsm64031852acb45 { Thanks I think I should be able to connect the ECU to the harness with the cob to the OBD port on the harness and then connect the battery to the harness. Once you have the serial number youll need to contact COBB customer support and provide them with the number. Answer 3: The Cobb Accessport is removed from the cars computer through the uninstall process. Your email address will not be published. If you have a Cobb Accessport and you want to unmarry it from your car there are a few things that you need to do. It had a Cobb intake installed and factory exhaust. Unfortunately, if you have a tune that has overwritten the Accessport install (which is what it sounds like) you will not be able to uninstall the Accessport. You dont have an Australian distributor? If Uninstall is an option, this Accessport will not work on your vehicle until it is uninstalled from the previous vehicle or sent to COBB to be re-licensed. You can also customize and save your own profiles for specific vehicles. USED Accessport V3 Subaru WRX Guide 31 related questions found From there select Unmarry Device. Enter the code when prompted and click OK. Your Accessport will now be unlinked from your car. Do I need to uninstall the Cobb Accessport before I sell it? Many users are experiencing this issue on the exchange when they are trying to swap how to unmarry cobb accessport without car. This is typically readily available on forums or Ebay which may be a better alternative to craigslist. How can I unmarry my Cobb accessport if I dont have the car? It is no longer possible to have them repaired or relicensed. Give our Customer Service team a shout at 1-866-922-3059 or [emailprotected] if youd like to get that process started. If your car is registered in a foreign country, check the laws of the location you are driving in to determine if you need to register and insure it within that location. } The first step is to download and install accessport manager on your mac or pc. Is there a way to unmarry it without the car, so i can use it for my 2016 fiesta st. Thanks ! Yes. It sounds like the Accessport is still installed to the STI. Can you use a Cobb Accessport on 2 cars? JavaScript is disabled. Cars. It was unable to turn on so I could not unmarry my brand new AP. Also, does it matter if it goes from a sedan to a wagon? } display: block; } I currently have an APR stage 2 tune on it with out unmarring the accessport on the car. This will prompt you to get the car to factory setting and done unmarried. Answer 1: You need to go into the settings menu and then find the uninstall option. Nick owns a 2017 Focus ST. It will give a warning if it detects a previous tune and usually give the option to overwrite. .nrfsm64031852acb45 { says it needs to be relicensed bc he sold his last wrx, so is that the $150? The Mazdaspeed Accessport is $650. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. First, if you paid a lot of money for the accessport, you may want to get the most out of your investment by selling it along with the car. I didn't contact Cobb prior to bidding on an Accessport on EBAY which the seller said may or may not be married. @media screen and (min-width: 769px) and (max-width: 992px) { Stage 2 2005 WRX. The cost to relicense is 50% of the retail value of the Accessport, or in this case $325. Below are the detailes: Specification of the COBB access i will be buying: A. progress screen will appear. Will I be able to reinstall it later if I change my mind? Once you know what part number you need,pry up on the faceplate of the Accessport youre considering buying and make sure it corresponds to your part number. He buys an installed Accessport from a Mitsubishi Evo X (AP3-MIT-002 $525 new). Cobb can unmarry your accessport for about 300 you need to ship the accessport back and they will reset the AP so it can be married to another car. Note Two Exceptions to the Accessport Part Number Shown Above: 1 Accessport Activates or APAs. Please email [emailprotected] and include documentation from your insurance report regarding the total loss of the vehicle and they will quote you on the exact price and service process to relicense the Accessport. Thanks, Mike. The first step is to make sure that the desired profile is not being used by any other vehicles in your fleet. If not, this What is the total cost? 70% of that is $472.50 which would be the cost to relicense that part number Accessport. The cost to change the part number is $150. Which uses another part number AP3-POR-006. He needs AP3-MAZ-002 ($650 new). im going through paypal to get my refund AND keep the accessport because karma is a B****, how much would it cost to get it unmarried in a situation like this? Please email [emailprotected] or call 866-922-3059 for help with specific pricing and service options in order to relicense a used Accessport. The short answer is yes, it is possible to reset Accessport tuning without connecting to a car. Im in Australia do you have local supplier that can change the licence? We are able to "relicense" a unit that is still installed on a stolen or wrecked car but we do need to see 1. I found an access port with SUB-001. If you're the owner of a Cobb Accessport tuner, and you're considering selling your car, you may be wondering if you can unmarry the Accessport from the car. In this case, you would be looking at $505 to make that change. If you can see an AccessPORT program listed, it has been successfully installed. If you can't say it with numbers, it's only an opinion. so if I get a sub004 thats unmarried, whats the cost for me to get a access port for my mk6 gti? @media screen and (min-width: 1201px) { Tenth you need to find the Cobb Accessport blog. We havent seen any fakes out there. This can usually be accomplished using their dedicated laptop app or an online web browser program such as OpenFlash Manager or EcuTek Lite. It usually comes down to money. I own a 2019 STI. After the uninstall process is completed the Cobb Accessport will no longer be recognized by the car's computer. Answer 8: There is no preparation needed before uninstalling the Cobb Accessport. Next you need to open the Cobb Accessport software. The installed state can be checked by plugging the Accessport into any car (any car with an OBD2 port, compatibility for this step is not required) or computer and completing the steps above or with a quick scroll through the main menu. Now open up ATR software on computer by clicking on "Load Supported Vehicle" tab in top menu bar. I didnt do the uninstall procedure correctly when trying to uninstall my AP from my car. Very reasonable pricing. To verify succesful unmarried AP, either connect the AP again to the car or a computer using the USB cable provided in the kit. With the vehicle turned on but not running scroll down to the "Troubleshooting" Menu. What would I be looking at on price to use it for my 2013 Focus ST? Luckily, all supported Evo Xs use the same Accessport part number. If it is still installed to the Ford, it would be more than the cost of a new AP for the Evo. How do you check the codes on a Cobb Accessport? If it is already installed (or "married") to another vehicle, it will not work on your vehicle. Once you've selected the desired option it should run. Unit is unmarried and includes the accessport unit and the OBDII dongle. https://www.cobbtuning.com/support/step-by-step-firmware-update-instructions/, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/98843715/Map+Notes+for+2005-2006+Legacy+GT+and+2005-2006+Outback+XT, https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/832405527/Accessport+Identification+and+Serial+Number+Location. Lane H. @ RallySport Direct 2 years ago Yes No Was this answer helpful? This process may also be useful if there are multiple versions of one particular profile being stored on your device as they can all be removed at once with this tool, leaving only the applicable version available on your device without having to search through each individual log manually. If someone in the club has an AP3-FOR-001, they can uninstall from their car, then attempt to install to the Fiesta. My car is not recognizing the Cobb Accessport anymore does this mean it is uninstalled? Thanks. It sounds like the Accessport may still be installed to the previous vehicle. Second, if you plan on re-installing your Accessport in a different vehicle at any point after removing it from yours then running a tune is highly recommended for performance reasons as each ECUs settings will need to be adjusted accordingly for optimal performance results based on various factors such as engine type and environment etc.. Additionally, taking these steps before installation also ensures that errors or false run tests dont occur due to incorrect settings which could damage sensitive hardware in long run if left unaddressed. Do I need to uninstall the Cobb Accessport before I sell it? Hey all, just picked up a 02 WRX that was supposedly returned to stock. Each Accessport is only compatible with certain vehicles. It can easily be replaced with any micro USB > USB cable. How long does the Cobb Accessport uninstall process take? } COBB is able to change the part number of your Accessport. If it says it is installed to another vehicle it is not unmarried. } Just remember - once deleted there's no going back so ensure that it is unneeded before committing.. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Please the Select button quickly after turning the Ignition 'On". 2 Accessport V3s are able to be reprogrammed to a different part number. They can send you an update to allow the V3 to recognize your V2 serial number so it can use those maps. 675 * .7 = $472.50. display: block; If you've been using an Accessport, you know that it comes with several pre-configured profiles for different vehicle types. I love cars and I love writing about them Answer: Youll need to contact Cobb support and they will help you through the process. 02-05 WRX vehicles require an initialization connector to be flashed and are available for $5. I plan to trade-in my FiST for a 2016 Subaru WRX premium. I didnt do the uninstall procedure from my old car. I contacted COBB and they want $475 to relicense it so i could use it on my RS. There is no way to determine 100% the Installed State without being in person. It happened to me last year. The cost to relicense an Accessport is 70% of what it costs new. Turn the vehicle off before starting. .nrfsm64031852acb45 { You may also need to obtain an International Driving Permit. I bought my AP brand new and its having trouble communicating with my 2013 impreza. I only see maps that says Stage 1 93 octane with description saying for 2015 WRX Sti. The Accessport is uninstalled from your WRX. However, if you have been unable access your vehicle or no longer have possession of the vehicle that was previously flashed with the COBB Accessport then there may still be some steps that you can take in order support unmarrying. Hey Jake, if an Accessport is still married to another vehicle you would need to have it relicensed before it can be installed onto your car. Accessories The Accessport should at least include the cable that connects to your OBD2 port.