See more. How to remove sliding mirrored closet doors? Edge Trim Pieces $36. 36-in. Copyright 2023 This Old House Ventures, LLC. However, weve figured there is one simple change we can make to improve the look of the rooms in our house: a closet door makeover! used spray paint and gloss to transform the edges of this one in an easy but effective way! Turning a door sideways gives you a whole bunch of new options for repurposing. Continue reading below Our Video of the Day. Here are detailed instructions how: http://www.ehow.com/how_12140260_paint-over-brass-mirrored-closet-doors.html You can also use privacy paint or etch a design in them with the paint. I recommend drapery panels on rings that can slide open/close easily. Wouldnt this piece also look great on a porch or patio? This is a great way to repurpose a closet. Why not try them in a place where you need more light. 10. Kandiego moved into a new home with solid wood doors in horrible condition. ?Convert closet sliding door to toddler nook & closet storage? Trophy Case. Note: If the swing of the door changes, youll need to re-mortise new hinges. They're in good condition still a Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Go for it! It would look amazing in a teens bedroom or in a giant closet. Old bi-fold doors or shutters into baby/dog gates :) Would be good to add onto SCREEN door so pets cannot scratch through the SCREEN. The yellow paint on this door makes it so cheerful, and yall know how much we love bright kitchens. This one has a mirror in the opening, but you could also use it for a picture, wreath or wall lamp. These slab doors were jazzed up withpanel molding trim and black handles. And while this DIY can mostly be completed by one person, its handy to have another person help hang the door when it comes to the install. Painted Vintage Furniture Makeover. Tape measure slab doors from your local home center or hardware store stain to match yo. Mirrored closet doors makeover is among them. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Easily build a beverage station for your deck or patio without much work. Turning an old door into something useful when you replace it not only extends its usefulness, but it also saves you money. Here is what I did: I used s imilar sized mirrors when I remodeled two bath rooms. Nothing is more relaxing than a comfy porch swing on a nice breezy day with your favorite drink of choice. Mirrors are so great for reflecting light where natural light is lacking. The rug is also a great choice for this space. Obviously if you already had the paint it would be quite a bit cheaper, or if you didn't do the faux Shiplap and just left the doors as is it could be really cheap. And its an easy, no-power-tools-necessary makeover that anyone can do! I am remodeling and just cant bring myself of throw these large mir How to Replace Slats of Bifold Doors With Fabric - Headboard idea! I hope you have found an idea for that old dresser you've been holding in storage, or perhaps the one you're currently using but have been wanting to replace. Imagine what other thin, inexpensive materials could be easily attached. Improve the look and feel of your entire home with these simple closet door ideas! Theyd work especially well in a room with a small footprint and bifold doors. BEADBOARD CLOSET DOOR MAKEOVER BY BENEATH MY HEART. To be perfectly honest, bi-fold doors drive me crazy. 5 Foot French Exterior Doors Dazzling Ideas, Reasons to install Interior sliding folding doors, Accordion Doors an easy door solution for a room, Updated Modern Style Dark Gray Kitchen for your Home, Choosing Race Car Toddler Bed for Your Little Treasure, Best Daybed Bedding Sets to Add Extra Coziness to the Interior, Best Door Beads to Maximize the Style of Your Interior, 10 Best tips when buying your exterior doors to make that first impression, TOP 20 custom and classic French doors with dog door, French doors interior bifold give your home the best entrance, French country kitchen sinks 15 rules for installing, Glass dog door 20 ways to make to make the life of your pets easier and safety, Rainbow Bedding for Kids Inspire the Mood of your Room. How can I upcycle old glass sliding doors? Plywood (5 Sheets)$80. :) However, I'm loath to throw away the 8 mirror panels from the ones we remove. Bang! You can keep them simple or frilly and can change them out as often as styles and tastes change. The black handles and the gate hinges really make them pop and give them a certain finesse. Ive just added this to my husbands project list because we have an old one in our basement. Mirrored Bifold Closet Doors Doors Interior Bedroom Interior Bedroom Decor Mirrored doors have come a long way since your heavy old gold steel doors that are so hard to open and close. 15 Por Types Of Closet Doors Pros And Cons With Pictures. We've taken out old glass shower doors that had terrible hard water deposit. These doors are works of art! Sign Up to Answer Want to make 2 hinged doors using those mirror panels if possible or I will just use the original hollo Vintage and geometric wallpaper patterns are a great way to make a . Why dont you create a wine rack to display your favorite wines? Hgtv.com shows you how to repurpose mirrored closet doors. Your kids will love this idea! I don't CARE if they're not fashionable. This easy DIY closet door idea is a simple way to add even more flair to your closet door makeover project. Great directions and perfect for those doors I have been storing. This will keep the cracked mirror from splintering even further and making a mess. Sunset magazine showed a home where they were used in the garden and it was fantastic. Make any closet a little fancier with French doors and make them even better by adding frosted glass arches. I hope these ideas inspire you to plan a few decorative doors around your home! The paint job adds a lot of character and we also like the way they chose to arrange the flowers on top. They were mounted to posts behind. There is something about a white clock with big iron numbers for the time pieces isnt there? R The cost of the mirror depends on its thickness and design. Nude paint on this one adds to its classy look because the room has such deep and rich walls. You know those louvered bi-fold closet doors that just drive you nuts? With the wood chisel, carve out the cuts. The mirrors will still reflect light and give the space a more open feeling. She broke the slats out of 2 bi-fold doors for this space-saving hack. We like this one just the way it is because it is neutral and would be a great addition to any home. The house was built in the early '80s, so they are all silver and gold metal. They're in good condition still a What can be done with mirrored sliding closet doors so they can be reused for a different purpose. To cover the holes, scratches, and paint splatters, she simply tacked up inexpensive bambootable runnersfrom the discount store. Reuse old doors to make beautiful garden diy projects. for pricing and availability. Caulking any seams can really give your piece a more finished, high-end look. An old door might seem like it should be scrapped, but with some great redo ideas, they . http://milaslittlethings.com/2015/04/idea-box-thursday-link-party-5.html, https://thehoneycombhome.com/kitchen-door-makeover/. Bifolding doors are found easily at yard sales, thrift stores or on the curb. Cover the closet doors in chalkboard paint to give your child a fun canvas on which to create and draw every day. Morning coffee anyone? We just bought a house with 4 closets, all of which are mirrored and sliding. It's perfect for use in a larger room or bedroom and does a wonderful job making the mirrored closet doors look high-quality and custom-built. DIY Vintage Shutter Head Board, I have some old bifold doors that I'm going to use for this! Dont keep this one inside though, if you finish the wood with lacquer it would look amazing in a garden or on a patio. Turn your closet doors into an accent wall! "A mirror can act as another window," says New York City interior designer Libby Langdon, "practically doubling the . Reface it will thin plywood. Use the same consistent taps along the way to make the depth of the cuts consistent and easier to remove. They won;t block as much of the door this way when open. Check them out these 18 amazing ideas for making your closet doors look like custom creations that were made just for your home! Steps for Repurposing an Old Door: In this video, Newton homeowners Joe and Liz hope to save as much as they can from the old house. Check out the best ways to reuse old doors that weve found! Or you could have them mounted on a ceiling. We're replacing them with - gasp - new mirrored sliding doors that are higher quality. Tracks are worn out, they have ugly oak framing, and one is cracked in the corner. To make the top of the door level with the jamb, measure and mark the distance from the bottom of the jamb to a place on the door with a tape measure. Dont you love it? Closet doors, on the other hand, do not have the same code requirements and come in a range of sizes. Double or even triple rows of track can create a mirrored closet door system that allows maximum access to your closet. Im honestly considering this idea for my own closet! The Mirror Cracked. What can be done with mirrored sliding closet doors so they can be reused for a different purpose. The mirrors are very nice, I was wondering if I had the damaged parts of the mirrors removed, and reuse what is left of the mirrors for something else, but I don't know what. That is, unless you add geometric frost to the glass for a whole nother vibe altogether. Curtains in lieu of doors are a nice touch in a girls room. You can buy an inexpensive full-length mirror at your local home improvement center. Well we have a great new use for them that is going to make you want to hunt them down again! So there are three glass cabinet doors with lead design, or whatever you would call it, taken from the old kitchen of my dads place. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con ms detalle en la Poltica de cookies de Houzz. Are they broken? Get the latest This Old House news, trusted tips, tricks, and DIY Smarts projects from our expertsstraight to your inbox. It wouldnt be hard to find a door for this purpose because this door still looks relatively new. Adding deep, rich wooden criss-crosses to the mirrors helps to break up the open expanse of mirror and instantly elevates this design. March 2, 2023, 9:47am. 2. A French door turned table is one of my favorites because it looks like a piece of art. Then you add your adhesive. Traditional 30-in x 80-in 6-panel Hollow Core Molded Composite Slab Door. Skinny doors make great mirrors. Add glamour to your closet and make spaces appear larger with mirrored closet doors. A one-sink vanity is changed into a two-sink vanity with a few power tools. How can I repurpose old glass cabinet doors? Need ideas for sliding glass closet door remodel. You can build a brightly colored corner shelf to spruce up any room and add extra storage. Surely someone has a fun idea! Ideas?? The layered ruffles make for a soft and dreamy feel. by Tania Griffis | Do it Yourself, For the House. Im a huge fan of arched doorways and doors! Need something new to brighten up a corner or do you just need to fill an empty space? After removing the sliding doors, create height in the space by installing a hospital track right where the ceiling meets the wall and hang curtains to the floor. @Leanne Penny This would be fabulous with some of those old doors at the Salvage yard! If using a big chop saw or table saw intimidates you, try out this smaller version that makes a big impact! And the only tools you need are: If some of the other projects seem a little overwhelming, this one is nice and simple. voila!!! I attached them to my fence outdoors as the fences were blah and this opened up the yard, disgused the wood fence and made everyone think there was a window in my yard Use metal brackets the length of the mirror doors which can hold the mirrors in place or suspend the whole door somehow on your fence. One of these hall trees would look great in your mudroom or near your front doo and it will keep you organized too. To replace a broken mirror, first, use masking tape to tape a large "X" over the mirror. We love how they pulled all of the colors from this room into the bedding. Custom Closet Mirrored Doors From World. Because doors come in different sizes, the door may need to be trimmed or modified to fit the opening. x 80-in. They were replaced 2 years ago, when 2 of them broke. You need to make sure that you choose an opener you can rely on when you need it most for safety and convenience reasons. Theyre lovely and look much more expensive than they actually were. Attach the new hinge with screwsfavoring the inside portion of the screw holes to keep the hinge nice and tight. You can see lots more kitchen organization ideas, if you need them. Also mount them above the door frame as high as you can with 8' - 9' foot ceilings. Add decorative hardware. The home https://www.hgtv.com/design/decorating/design-101/how-to-repurpose-mirrored-closet-doors, 10 Things To Do Before You Start Spring Cleaning (To Make It A Breeze), How can I repurpose old louvered closet doors. Headboard DIY with Series of Doors Source: beautyforasheshome.com This amazing DIY project uses a series of doors and frames to create a multi-level headboard with room for a decorative piece. At our recent showhouse, the designers used 35+ different wallpapers ranging from textured grass cloths to scenic reveries. How can I convert mirrored sliding doors into sliding barn doors? Fill in the space left by the old hinges with a wood patch, called a Dutchman.. Here are some easy ways to take your closet from dated to high-end features. They are now available with wood frames that can be painted, aluminum frames in a variety of finishes, "frame-less mirrors" and with either beveled or flat mirror. A painted ceiling medallion gives these closet doors an ornate, European look that certainly no one would call boring. A fresh coat of paint and a new counter completes the look. These doors may make your room look bigger, but they will never make it look better. And again, you could customize the number of panels (and paint color) to suit any taste or style.