Ralston grew up in Youngstown where she started her first job in news. Our anchor, Pete Scalia, is leaving us this Friday, February 6th, for a double knee replacement surgery. From the time she started her career, to being an Emmy-award winner working in Columbus, Ralston says time goes pretty fast. window._taboola = window._taboola || []; Katie McKee | WTTE _taboola.push({flush: true}); Quotation[4] = "'FTVLive a TV news website that is often on the money' - LA Times"; City ends deal with Redflex in wake of alleged bribery scandal. 0. // ====================================== Quotation[10] = "'The statement from New York-based NBC was in response to a report on the FTVLive' - Bloomberg"; Quotation [20] = " ' first published by the website FTVLive' - The Hill" January 28 at 7:40 AM. Quotation[2] = "'The story first broke on FTVLive.com' - AP"; Local, national and international news that matters to people in and around Columbus, Ohio. Despite putting in a decade at the station, Ireland says she was walked out of the building and her items on her desk were boxed up by the station. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. While working in West Virginia, Ralston covered several stories from flooding to politics. 2023 TV GUIDE, A FANDOM COMPANY. After 10 years at WSYX ABC 6 and FOX 28 Columbus, our always funny, .positive and all-around "good guy" Phil Kelly is saying goodbye. If you grew up in Columbus in the 90s, you might remember Phil from his first . . 2021. Good Day Columbus. Quotation[9] = "'FTVLive.com Scooped Everyone With News' - About.com "; Quotation[0] = "'Mr. The couple is blessed with three children named Ginger, Ellie Mae, and Parker-Paisley. She is a woman of average stature. Ralston is currently a four-time Emmy award-winning Fox anchor for ABC 6/Fox 28 on Good Day Columbus. Though most of us knew this day would come, plenty of viewers had no idea. "More to come about this craziness soon! Quotation [17] = " 'An insider newsy website' - Hoda Kotb" Phil Kelly Returning to WSYX and WTTE Columbus - TV News Check West Virginia was never really in Ralstons plan when it came to jobs, but she realized the location was not far away from her family in Youngstown. Jessica is married to her husband Jimmy Johnson since 2013. they have three children. Update: A couple of people that work at WSYX claim that Ireland. He graduated from Valor Christian College majoring in music. The topic of coal mining was a whole new world to her. Now . Pete Scalia - On Air Host - The E.W. Scripps Company | LinkedIn Cameron Fontana | WSYX After returning to Columbus, Phil eventually stepped away from television to open his own business. I started out my whole career in Youngstown, Ohio as a producer before I came to Clarksburg, said Ralston. After the divorce, she and her older brother, Robert (Buddy), and their mother moved to an inner-city neighborhood. Example video title will go here for this video, Alex Murdaugh prosecution gives rebuttal to defense closing arguments. if(window.ImageLoader) window.ImageLoader.bootstrap({}, document);Squarespace.afterBodyLoad(Y); Sinclair Chopped Me Off at the Knees (Update). In addition to his Good Day Columbus anchor role, Kelly will also be the new WSYX mid-day meteorologist, joining veteran WSYX news anchor Terri Sullivan every Monday through Friday for ABC 6 News at Noon . news insider magazine FTVlive.com. // Do not change anything below this line Good Day Columbus - 9am - Full Cast & Crew - TV Guide WSYX ABC 6 - Home - Facebook Slinger earns an annual salary ranging between $ 45,000 $ 110,500. Growing up Jessica admired Barbara Walters and Oprah Winfrey on TV who made her study journalism. You dont get paid a lot of money and you work a lot of hours and you do more than one job at one time, said Ralston. Slinger likes to keep his personal life private hence he has not yet disclosed the date, month, or year he was born. As part of the GDC team, I developed a genuine rapport with our. There Jessica had many friends including her best friend Rebecca (Becca) Macciomei. I can remember everything about working at WDTV and every job after that and I can tell you it just flew by, said Ralston. Before joining WSYX he worked in Arizona, Oklahoma, Beaumont, Texas, Phoenix, and Oklahoma City. I thought I would never end up back in Ohio, but 20 something years later here I am.. When free, she loves to travel the world, hit the gym, and quality spends time with family and friends. Columbus Good Day Columbus | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News - WTTE Columbus News Anchors of Yesteryear: Where Are They Now? - Columbus Monthly Carolyn Bruck joined the WCNC morning news team in August 2015. 1.6 m). Quotation[7] = "'FTVLive Delivers some of the TV World's Biggest Scoops' - Tonawanda News "; Quotation [13] = " '(FTVLive) is a Mad Blogger'- Piers Morgan" . 70 WB is CLOSED near Mound St. - the ramps from 315 to 70 WB and 71 NB to 70 WB are also shut down - one person was killed and a Dublin Police officer has been transported to the hospital -. @mikewsyx6. Columbus news anchor charged with DUI - Scioto Valley Guardian The salary range is $49,542 to $81,461 annually. Shawn Ireland let go from Good Day Columbus on WTTE and WSYX Katie Garner - Meteorologist/Anchor - FOX Weather | LinkedIn And fans have noticed. Good Day Columbus anchor says 'Goodbye, Columbus' - 614NOW Slinger is a married man. She spent 10 years there and became an Evening Anchor. Jane However, the venue of their wedding is not available. Together with his wife, they have been blessed with three children. Twitter | I cough. Adam Slinger is an American Emmy award-winning anchor and reporter working at WSYX. Bruck was born in New York City and raised in Los Angeles. "I am vaccinated and boosted but I had surgery in December and am prone to acute bronchitis, so it hit me very hard," she wrote in the post from Jan. 7. Definitely introduced me into the world of coal mining which I had no idea about until I moved there to Clarksburg, said Ralston. Copyright 2021 WDTV. The arrest was first reported by T.V. Phil Kelly, Shawn Ireland, and Cameron - Good Day Columbus | Facebook Where Is Bill Kelly Going? Is the Meteorologist Leaving WSYX? Salary and Net worth : As per Salary (dot)com, the average median salary of a Columbus News Anchor is $61,771 per year. When Tony D'Angelo, general manger of the stations, was reached, he referred inquiries toNew York City-based firm 5W Public Relations, who were not immediately available by phone or email. She anchors Good Day Columbus from 5 am-9 am weekdays on ABC6/FOX28. In an earlier post on Facebook from Christmas Eve, Ralston wrote shewas enjoying "my 'winter break'from work," so the anchor already had some time off from air the end of the year. All rights reserved. The ceremony was celebrated by their friends and family member. WSYX morning traffic anchor Katie McKee was charged by the Ohio Highway Patrol on August 16 after troopers say they received a 9-1-1 call in Union County reporting a Jeep all over the roadway. 43 . When someone is fired from the station this action is understood. #COVID19 #Day7 #MyHeadHurts pic.twitter.com/t2q4xPAPP7. Delays expected on Route 50 between Bridgeport and Clarksburg next week, Fairmont Senior vs East Fairmont Highlights, East Fairmont State Tournament Appearance, Kayla Smith's Friday Evening Forecast | March 3, 2023, Closed Captioning/Audio Description Complaints. Anchored 5 1/2 hours of live television every weekday on Good Day Columbus from 4:25-10:00AM on WSYX ABC 6 and WTTE FOX 28. Morning anchor Jessica Ralston took to Facebook late last week to alert Channel 6 and 28 viewers that a case of COVID-19 had landed her in the emergency room with "severe symptoms.". Call us at (614)481-6666. the bottom line is good people are being put out of work through no fault of their own. Klein's imminent exit was first reported by FTVLive' - NY Times"; He produced and booked exclusive guests for the morning program in Rockefeller Plaza in New York City and he also assisted in the production of several NBC News Special Reports, such as the capture of Saddam Hussein, the space shuttle Columbia disaster, and Operation: Iraqi Freedom. var whichQuotation=Math.round(Math.random()*(Q-1)); You can find Katie McKee on Good Day Columbus updating your morning commute every morning from 4:25 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. She joined the team back in June 2017 as a traffic reporter/anchor. She was working as a co-anchor on NewsChannel 5. Phil Kelly | WTTE 72,240 talking about this. "Thursday. Furthermore, he worked behind the scenes at the weekend edition of NBCs Today show, before making it in front of the camera. @wsyx6. Carry yourself at a higher standard, have morals and be able to stand your ground and just be committed to journalism, said Ralston. After 10 years, Phil Kelly leaving ABC6/FOX28 . Quotation[1] = "'The One-Man Website That Broke the Jay Leno Story' - About.com "; It puts you through the ringer and it really does weed out the people who arent in it for the right reason.. Ireland previously worked as host of the popular radio show "The Morning Zoo" on WNCI (97.9 FM) and has hosted a number of radio programs locally over her decades-long career in media in Columbus, according to her LinkedIn page. Keep an eye on your email for a chance at the next one! Although we talked to two people laid off at other Sinclair stations that claimed that is what happened to them. That's why our daily email is so important. In addition, she was honored by the Mayors office with a Key To The City Of Charleston. // ============================================== All Rights Reserved. GDC: Pete's Progress, Continuing the Battle With Rheumatoid - WTTE In addition, she won 36 Associated Press and Broadcasters awards, like multiple consecutive wins for Broadcast Journalist of the Year, Best Reporter, and Best Anchor, among others. The move comes not long after popular weather personality Dana Turtle also left the show. Following this, she gained valuable experience as a reporter, producer, and news anchor while working for WACH-TV and WIS-TV. Take me to your inbox. Jessica was born in 1975, in Youngstown, Ohio, United States. Bruck would later move to Fresno, California, where she established herself as a lead reporter and anchor for NBC affiliate KSEE 24. You can find Katie McKee on Good Day Columbus updating your morning commute every morning from 4:25 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. She joined the team back in June 2017 as a traffic reporter/anchor. Watchlist. Yes. Slinger serves at ABC6 - WSYX as the anchor and producer of Good Evening Columbus airing at 7 pm. When her mom decided to move to Orlando, Fla, Jessica stayed behind to attend Youngstown State University during the Jim Tressel era. Jessica began her news career as a Producer at WFMJ-TV21 in Youngstown. Good Day Columbus - Posts | Facebook var Q = Quotation.length; Channel 10 anchor Pete Scalia calls departure "mutual decision" // pattern, adding to the array. Adam Slinger Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, WSYX, Net Worth, and Salary Cameron was born in Osaka, Japan, grew up in Southern California. Bruck has been with the station and GDC for four years. 435 talking about this. Quotation [18] = " 'FTVLive is the Most Incrediable thing in our Business' - i24News" Jessica and her husband Jimmy Johnson held their wedding in 2013. Jessica began her news career as a Producer at WFMJ-TV21 in Youngstown. JOURNALISTS, USA JOURNALISTS' BIOS "Locked out/done/life collected for me in a box!," she wrote. Static.COOKIE_BANNER_CAPABLE = true; Sinclair pulled the pink-slip express into Columbus, Ohio and ran it over longtime WSYX Good Day Columbus Anchor Shawn Ireland. Sat . WTTE FOX28 provides local news, weather forecasts and alerts, traffic updates, consumer advocacy, and the latest information about sports, politics, law enforcement, community events, government . A world and pop culture aficionado, Cameron also enjoys music, eating every kind of culinary creation imaginable, fitness, extreme sports, festivals, meeting new people and having fun with his family. will have details starting at 4:25am on. Katie stayed in Columbia for 3 years finishing her time in the Palmetto State at NBC Affiliate WIS where she worked as a morning reporter and anchored the noon newscast. When coming to his education, he attended New York University where he studied politics and American history and earned a bachelors degree. // To add more quotations, continue with the Phil Kelly will be joined by Good Day Columbus anchor Katie McKee Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. on WTTE. Slinger serves at ABC6 WSYX as the anchor and producer of Good Evening Columbus airing at 7 pm. by WSYX Staff. Quotation [14] = " 'FTVLive's Scott Jones one of the Most Important Media Reporters in America'- Mediaite" Walked out, not walked out. Columbus, Ohio Co-Host of "Good Day Columbus " a magazine-style, one-hour daily program weekdays from 9-10 AM on WTTE/FOX28, and Host of "Good Day Marketplace" a half hour sales. I could still travel back and forth it and it just ended up kind of being the perfect fit. As of 2019, people can see Katie on Channel 6 at Good Day Columbus, on every morning weekdays. One of the greatest aspects Ralston says of working in a smaller market, like WDTV, is seeing who actually wants to be a journalist. She alluded to the surprise nature of the decision in the rest of her Tweet. Quotation[5] = "'FTVLive was the first site to break the Jay Leno story' - KNX Radio"; Then I went to Charleston and covered major mine disasters and I was one of the first journalists to go underground into a coal mine for mine safety training.. He'll be on-air this weekend . Good Day Columbus - 9am - Full Cast & Crew. Quotation[8] = "'CNBC wanted a reaction to a story someone had seen on FTVLive' - Vanity Fair "; Carolyn Bruck Age, WCNC Bio, Net worth, Wikipedia, Husband, Married