Is Dior a family name or did you just like it? It also comes from the Greek Elisabet. Website for moms seeking advice, community, and entertainment. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Catherine is a French name meaning pure or clear. Elspeth is a Scottish spin on the name. Clementine, Magnolia, and Arthur. If you think that Alexandra is overused, think of other attractive, elegant variations, such as Alessandra and Alejandra. Camilla is too similar sounding i think and clover is double noun to me. Juliet remains the perfect way to complement those nicknames in a more full form. I think that this name has a gorgeous sound, and though it is rather common, it remains an elegant name. Evelyn 10. Searching for the perfect baby name is one of the hardest decisions parents have to make. Clementia. It is known that Shakespeare had a great knowledge of the ancient Greek language, and its literature. Do you have other family names that you might want to use as middle names? Practical Tips & Advice For Everyday Parenting. It is a very beautiful yet simple and sophisticated name. Conjuring images of sweet delights, this appealing name holds just as much pleasantness in meaning. Philippa, the feminine form of Philip, is the name of the Queen of Sweden and a 3rd century martyr and saint. However, regardless of what naming means to you, take your time when choosing a name for your baby. A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. Albertine is a German name for girls. Can anyone help me out, please! If your baby girl is on the way and you are wondering what name to give her, then consider calling her Clementine since its ageless, sentimental, and blends well with nearly all middle and surnames. Amelia 5. Anne is a Hebrew name meaning favor or grace. You may want to avoid any initials that form popular but unintended acronyms. Eloise is also derived from Lois, or Louisa, meaning "Battle Maiden or Famous Warrior." Its almost never heard in the US, but I think it would wear well. Makeda, better known as the Queen of Sheba, ruled the ancient kingdom of Sheba. A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. WebAdele: French for "tender" and "kind". The name Clementine is the perfect choice if you want something graceful for your daughter. Instead of brainstorming fun names for Clementines sister, lets focus on names that might build on the family names youre already working with: Brenda, Ann/Anne/Anna, Beth/Elizabeth, and Claire. A famous royal bearer is Cordelia of Britain. Clementine Reina Emmy Rae Clementine Cate Clementine Camilla Clementine Carmela Clementine Clarabelle Clementine Arbor Clementine Kayla Clementine Callie Reply 8 Similar Discussions Found S SunshineOnLeith Apr 22, 2018 at 5:41 AM Clementine Claire would be lovely. Its pronunciation gives it a French style. Learn more about. It is the name of Peter Philips daughter and Queen Elizabeth II eldest grandchild. Clem. Or maybe going farther back in your family tree could present some fresh possibilities. You will have a difficult time picking between these two options. Getting the perfect middle name to merge with Clementine makes it more sophisticated. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. Its popularity was at its peak in the late 1800s and early 1900s and is now getting popular once again. I think its adorable. Anastasia is the feminine form of Anastasius, and it has Russian origin. Anne is a tried and true royal favorite. Its the name of a flowering plant. When you pronounce Gwyneth I hear history of elegance and beauty. Take into account your babys full initials. Elizabeth is a timeless name with royal stature. When you think of Grace and royalty, you think of Hollywood legend Grace Kelly, who went on to become Princess Grace of Monaco. Your email address will not be published. Pippa is the nickname for this Greek name. While bearing a dignified elegance, these names are also easy to pronounce. Or Mary Queen of Scots? There is a super cute midwife on Instagram @MotherofDaughters (she has 2 older girls and 2 year old twin girls) her name is clementine and she goes by Clemmie. Read for more information. Noble: The middle name concept is traced back to Rome. The Ancient Greeks believed that the name holds future potential. Alexandra became a popular name since the Danish princess married Englands King Edward VII in 1863. I like 1 syllable names to go with Clementine :-), Claire. This feminine and classy name was also worn by one of the daughters of King George II of the UK and also by his wife Caroline of Ansbach, so it has some courtly history. My husbands mother, Brenda, is deceased and so wed love to honor her. I think it will make a strong comeback. Ava 6. Anne is the French form of the name Anna. Just put a Lady in front of one of the names and see what happens. If so, you have a tough choice to make. Klementijna. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. But what about Clemmy? It means strong and virile or vigorous. Blair: One who dwells in the plains. Take a look and pick the best from the lot.SaveIllustration: Momjunction Design Team. What names are variants of Clementine? The vintage-sounding name was held by King Stephens mother, Adela of Normandy. I think its adorable. It is a tragedy play written early in Shakespeare's career about two young star-crossed lovers whose deaths ultimately reconcile their feuding families. It was borne by a number of queens and princesses, such as Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg and Princess Eugenie of York. Group Leaders arent expected to spend any additional time in the community, and are not held to a set schedule. Its a pretty, distinctive and timeless name for a little girl. However, with nicknames, your creativity should not be restricted as there are several alliterations of Clementine depending on your Geographical area, accent, culture, and several other factors. 19 Clementine. Charlotte 4. It sounds old fashioned, which is just the thing that adds to its charm. Maud is a short form of Matilda and means battle mighty. Albertine is a German name for girls. Now it is mainly a feminine name due to association with the related name Evelina. Clementine, Josephine, and Gideon. Clementine is a very pairable name. It is a great choice for an elegant little princess. Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. This is one of the most aristocratic names you can give your daughter. It is derived from the Irish surname OCuinn or Conn which means wisdom, intelligence or reason. Ultra classy Georgiana is a feminine form of George and is derived from a Greek word that means farmer. Lucia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies was born a princess, but became a Duchess when she married Prince Eugenio of Savoy, the 5th Duke of Genoa. Its French spelling Juliette is slightly more popular, but I like Juliet more. The name means "lively, pleasant". We call her Clemmie. Wilhelmina was the name of the Queen of the Netherlands who ruled from 1890 to 1948. Two of the Danish princesses carried the name Thyra, meaning Thors struggle. This rhythmic Scandinavian name is pronounced as Tara. Some families have distinctive practices they use to name their firstborn. Lemmie Nini Other names like Clementine: Amarinta Emmeline Florence Elodie Ophelia Margo Aurelia Brielle Eponine Goldeline Gwendolyn Marigold glittercatlady 2 yr. ago The beautiful Jordan Queen comes to our mind when we hear this name. Brandr might mean prince or it might mean fiery. Clementine is a type of orange fruit that is sweet and tasty. Clementines are a fruit that is basically a mix of a sweet orange and and a mandarin orange. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. We feel compelled to give her a family name as well, because we love having that connection. Zetian sounds exotic. Rosalind Hamilton became a British Duchess by marrying James Hamilton, the Marquess of Hamilton. The name was first used in the 16th century as a feminine form of Henri and means home ruler. It was borne in the 12th century by Saint Elizabeth of Hungary, daughter of King Andrew II. The name Genevieve was very popular for a long time in France. She was King George VI and Queen Elizabeths daughter and Queen Elizabeth II only sister. June or JuniperThe full name would be either June Ivy or Juniper Anne, but middle names seem kind of inconsequential to me, so I dont want to base the decision on that.We originally settled on June months ago, but now Im second guessing. This name was originally more common in Eastern Europe. That means that both Clementine and Briony are subtle nature names. Belle: French for "beautiful". It was chosen for Lady Cosima Rose Alexandra Windsor, by her parents, the Countess and Earl of Ulster. You can call her Gwynny, or Gwen while shes younger, and Gwyneth when shell be older. I think it is a name that a little princess can grow up with. Charlene is a variation of Charles, which means full grown, a freeman. Lemmie Nini Other names like Clementine: Amarinta Emmeline Florence Elodie Ophelia Margo Aurelia Brielle Eponine Goldeline Gwendolyn Marigold glittercatlady 2 yr. ago Clementine and Beatrix are perfect together. There is a super cute midwife on Instagram @MotherofDaughters (she has 2 older girls and 2 year old twin girls) her name is clementine and she goes by Clemmie. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Clementine is a female name with a touch of both French and Latin origin and has been in use for several centuries. Bree: Strong and full of virtue. The name means defender or protector in German. Merciful Origin Latin Theme Food and drinks Old-fashioned baby names due for a revival Popular songs Southern Wild West Popularity #601 in 2023 -112 from 2022 Source: BabyCenter user data SISTERS A fresher alternative to Samantha, Savannah means flat tropical grassland. It has been used as a name since the 15th century but gained ground in the early 20th century. Short and sweet. Great idea! Diana, the Roman goddess of women, childbirth, and hunting, is another royal name that you can consider for your princess. Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. Look at a variety of names before you make your decision. The name has beautiful nicknames, such as Rie, Etta, Hettie, Ettie, Hattie, Hennie, Nettie, Penny, Henria, Hetty. The feminine counterpart to Clment, Clementine too stands for "merciful" as well as "gentle" or "mild." Clemency. There are some famous bearers of the royal courts throughout the history. Elizabeth was originally a Hebrew name, meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance". Charlotte is the French feminine diminutive of Charles. Daisy. Blair: One who dwells in the plains. Isobel is a variation of popular name Isabel and means Gods promise. What her middle name, maiden name, favorite color or flower, or even birthstone? Clementine. Arden I tried anagramming the letters of Brenda, and one possibility leapt out at me Arden, as in the Forest of Arden, made famous by Shakespeare. In the 17th century, this was one of the virtue names created by the Puritans. My husband doesn't want too long or too short names this time. As a given name, Diana has been regularly used since the Renaissance. If youre looking for a unique and original royal baby girl name, go for Cordelia, which means jewel of the sea in Welsh, or the heart of a lion, if derived from the French word Coeur. Isabella 8. This old-fashioned girl name certainly delivers countryside vibes. Mia 9. WebElspeth offers nicknames like Elsie, and seems like a great sister name for Clementine. If youre looking for something original and unique, Cordelia is an excellent choice for your little girl. Philippa means lover of horses. WebMeaning: merciful. Clementine, Melody, and Everett. WebElspeth offers nicknames like Elsie, and seems like a great sister name for Clementine. Alexandra has a serious royal pedigree. WebMeaning: merciful. If youre looking for a more traditional or common name, Alex is a strong and short androgynous name. Celebrate your heritage (or create your tradition), 7 Reasons to Have Middle Names for Clementine, Final Thoughts on Middle Names for Clementine, 101 Middle Names For Ariella [Cute & Adorable]. The name Grace comes from the English word grace (eloquence or beauty of form, kindness, mercy, favor), which is derived from the Latin word gratia, which means favor, thanks. The cutest nicknames for Eloise are Ellie, Elle, or Lulu. I think Clementine and Clarice sound perfectly fine as sisters, but Im curious to hear others opinions. ParentalQuestions.com 2021 All rights reserved, 200 Middle Names For Savannah [Cute & Adorable], 149 Middle Names for Pierce [Cute & Adorable], 120 Middle Names for Sienna [Cute & Adorable]. I might expect Clementines sister to be Matilda, Calliope, Florence, or maybe Marigold. We finally landed on Clementine for our third girls name (sisters Josephine Juniper and Magnolia Mae) but now Im having a hard time coming up with a middle name. Are there any you can't/won't use? The Arabic name Noor, which means light, is a unisex name but sounds feminine. It is a beautiful name for a cute baby girl which has Latin and French origins. She was also called 'Isabella La Catholica'. Arshi Ahmed did her graduation from Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata, and post graduation in English from Lovely Professional University. Olivia 2. Babies are a source of happiness to both new and older moms, and naming is the sweetest part. Clementine is a popular name that has gained popularity with new moms. It can either be as a remembrance of a loved one, appreciation, or whatever sentimental thing that you want to remember in the future. Ellen and Helen are great nicknames for this name. You must have heard the story of the Polish Queen, who committed suicide by drowning herself to avoid marrying an enemy. Another royal bearer was Charlotte of Wales, the only child of King George IV of UK and his wife Caroline of Brunswick. I think it is a royal, beautiful and elegant name, suitable for a little princess. For me, Anne represents an elegant looking lady, and I would use this name for my baby girl in a heartbeat. Sophia 7. Clementine, Abigail, and Colin. Every daughter is a princess to her parents. For boys I like Eli and Owen. The sophisticated and smart name, meaning wisdom, is tied with Sophia of Hanover, a member of the powerful House of Stuart. There is a super cute midwife on Instagram @MotherofDaughters (she has 2 older girls and 2 year old twin girls) her name is clementine and she goes by Clemmie. Some nickname suggestions: Emmie Tiny Lemon (my fave, so cute!) Anywho I fell in love with the name Clementine, nickname Clem and am kind of curious what people think of this if you know someone named Clementine, what were they called for short?we love Clemmie or Clem! Fiona may be the name of a fictional princess, but it sounds trendy and is a great pick for your little girl. WebAdele: French for "tender" and "kind". Clementine, Marjorie, and Arthur. How about you? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For this reason, it has become among the top-rated 1000 names in the USA. Some nickname suggestions: Emmie Tiny Lemon (my fave, so cute!) Nicknames for Clementine Clem Clemen Clemencia Clement Clemi Clemmy Clementia Clementina Clementeen Clementene Minnie Menti Adela. Lady Helen Taylor, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent and the first cousin of Queen Elizabeth II, is its royal namesake. Fiona is the updated version of Irish and Scottish names Fionnuala and Finola. Youll surely find some good options for pretty, beautiful, and cute baby girl names on this list: 1. Iesha is a loving mother of 2 beautiful children. Twins & Multiples: Your Tentative Time Table. But thats not the challenge youve set! Clementine. Clementine is the French form of Clement. Queen Elizabeth was lovingly called Lilibet by her family members, when she was young. Clementya. Clementine, Scarlett, and Graham. Xenia is a Greek name meaning hospitality. Another famous bearer was princess Henriette Marie of France, the daughter of King Henry VI. Good luck! Run through our well-curated and elaborate list of royal names for girls with meanings and make the right choice. It is in the top 20 most popular girl names. Or if you can agree on a different first name, a middle like Brennan, Brynn or Wren might work nicely, too. And before that, there was Queen Margaret of Scotland. Violation Reported Albertine. Its classic but different and I like the flower reference! Isabella is a Latin form of Isabel. It means mild and merciful. Alice: Noble and truthful. We have listed beautiful middle names that rhyme properly with Clementine. Kelly retained her American roots, maintaining dual U.S. and Mongasque citizenship. Nicknames for Clementine Clem Clemen Clemencia Clement Clemi Clemmy Clementia Clementina Clementeen Clementene Minnie Menti And Annabeth Claire strikes me as terribly clever, and quite appealing, too. But, you cant pick just any name; it has to be meaningful as well. Beautiful, elegant, grand name that a little princess would be so proud to have as her own. The vintage-sounding name was held by King Stephens mother, Adela of Normandy. Besides being the name of the orange fruit, it also comes from France and means merciful or gentle. A well-known bearer of the name is the prolific Louisiana folk artist Clementine Hunter. Charlotte, another Princess Royal, was the oldest daughter of King George III of the UK and his wife Charlotte. Adela, meaning noble or serene is an unusual take on the popular name Adele. WebPeople who like the name Clementine also like: Violet, Charlotte, Penelope, Hazel, Ruby, Adelaide, Evangeline, Theodore, Oliver, Henry, Jasper, Felix, August, Milo Names like Clementine: Clinton, Clementina, Celandine Stats for the Name Clementine Clementine is currently #76 on the Baby Names Popularity Charts In the 17th century it was first used as a given name for boys. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Clementine is a beautiful name, help your mum find a new nickname for her! Finding a cute middle name for Clementine is usually stressful because of overloaded and misleading information on the internet, and that is why our article has enlisted beautiful middle names for Clementine to pick from. Seraphina, Seraphine This is a serious stretch, but Brenda is sometimes considered a form of Brendan, which comes ultimately from the Norse Brandr. Although she lost her life beheaded in the Tower of London, she is also known for her elegance, and grace which characterized her manners. But I can imagine sisters called Clementine and Arden, so Im adding it to the list. The problem is a middle name, I can not find anything that I like. Caroline it's such a beautiful and sophisticated name. 03/07/2020 10:11 I quite like Clementine Eden, not one I'd thought of. Searching for the most perfect baby name for your daughter? From my suggestions, I like Briony best, since it seems kind of-sort of like a Brenda honor name. Remember Queen Mary I, the predecessor to Queen Elizabeth I? Clementine is a girl's name of French origin. Jane is not always a plain name. Congrats on your twins! It also has Celtic roots from the name "Guinevere". It wont be easy to choose just one. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. The most famous royal bearer of this name is Eloise of Orange-Nassau, daughter of Prince Constantijn. She was the longest-ruling female leader of Russia, reigning from 1762 until her death in 1796 at the age of 67. That is so exciting. Clementine, Felicity, and Silas. This name is also a combination of two other names, Eve and Lynn. It isnt a very common name, so your daughter could have a unique name. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Clementine, Felicity, and Silas. If youre one of those parents who want an elegant, refined name for your baby, then you can never go wrong with this royal name. If you want your baby girls name to reflect the elegance of the royal world and the optimism of the Christian culture, the infographic below includes some influential names from different eras. Elizabeth became the royal name for the first time in 1306 when Elizabeth de Burgh married Robert I. Also, theres Helen of Troy, the fictional Spartan queen, who made the name as popular as it is today! Genevieve makes me think of a generous, innocent little girl. I see a court filled with distinguished gentlemen saying the names of the most elegant ladies. Clementine. Special: an easy way to make them even more amazing. Clemency. Clementine, Marjorie, and Arthur. 5. If you have more than one middle name you love and cant choose between, add them both! Famous modern bearers include the British queen Elizabeth II. Each of these names have a gentle sound that your little lady will appreciate even as she grows older. What other names do you like? Its a rare name, and its only thinly related to Brenda but it could potentially work. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. The princess was also determined to show her boys the life outside of the court walls, often seen traveling with them. Albertine is the feminine form of Albert, originating from the Old High German Adalbrecht, which means bright through nobility. Emma 3. What names sound like Clementine? I know readers will have more creative suggestions, but I wonder if its time to think more broadly about honor names for your late mother-in-law. The name comes from the Old French name Hlose, and it was borne in the 12th century by Saint Eloise, the wife of the French theologian Peter Abelard. There is a super cute midwife on Instagram @MotherofDaughters (she has 2 older girls and 2 year old twin girls) her name is clementine and she goes by Clemmie. We will call her Emmy for short. Elizabeth is one of the strongest royal names for a baby girl. It works with the cute nickname Lottie. Feel free to go through it, and trust me; you will not be disappointed. The name could have also been derived from the French name Heloise, which in turn was derived from the German word Helewidis, which means hale and healthy. We are also considering Annabeth Claire (a mashup of our three sisters middle names) but arent quite sold on it yet. I have a clementine, her (non twin) siblings are Beatrix (Trixie) and Theodore (Teddy). This article aims at making it easier for you to choose a middle name for your baby. A famous royal bearer of this name is princess Caroline of Monaco, an ethereal fashion and beauty icon. But Brenda (and similar names Brenna, Brianna) just dont resonate with us. From Anne, to Brigitte, or Vivienne, I see top hats, waistcoats and taffeta gowns. Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. Also the use of the letter e makes all the difference in the world. Klementina. Caprice: French for "whimsical". I know a little Clementine that goes by Emmy. Alice, meaning of a noble kind, may bring to mind the famous Wonderland adventurer, but it was also the name of Queen Victorias great-granddaughter, who went on to become the Princess of Hesse. For example, you could have a middle name that reminds you of your heritage or a tradition thats unique to you and your family. 03/07/2020 14:21, Honestly out of that list I think Faith is lovely. This English origin name derived from Margaret, meaning pearl, was brought to England as Margery, but was soon transformed into more elaborate Marjorie. Alex. This very feminine name has shorter forms, such as Lizzie, Liz, Sissi, Beth, Bethy, Liza, Lise, Lize, Eliza, or lise. Isla is also the name of a Scottish river and an island. It was the name of the two wives of Henry the VIII and four other queens of England.