Add to cart. It is a Deep South Smokers GC36. Ideally, I would have done this about 12 hours before smoking (about 2pm), but life happens and you roll with it. The G33 is way too big for most residential cooks. I pour in enough beef stock to cover them about 1/2 to 2/3rds the way up the sides. *Shipping is quoted and charged separately due to the large size and weight. The second time, I used the Flame Boss 200 that we use on kamados. Sale price. It has enough power to bring the GC36 up to temperature from start up. I slice the rested point into 1" cubes and put them into a half-sized steam pan. Mojobricks have been around for years and the owner, Fred Grosse, was on our team at Memphis in May several years ago. Clever, eh? made of a frame of 2x2 square tubing and 12 gauge steel that is fully welded, no screws or rivets. Our Privacy Promise, Terms of Service, Code of Ethics. So then, getting that radiant heat into your cooking chamber is a good thing. While it is the same cooking size as the RGC it's deeper cook chamber and smaller door often make it better for smaller areas. SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. Kim wanted burnt ends (who wouldn't? From Left to right, 4lb spare ribs, 17lb brisket, 12.3lb brisket, and 2 8lb pork butts. ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"], {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}, Meathead, The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling, Grills, Smokers, Other Cookers, Outdoor Kitchens, Charcoal Cabinet And Gravity-Feed Smokers, https://amazingribs.com/smoker/myron-smoker-review, http://www.southernqsmokers.com/smokavityfeed.aspx, Click here to learn more about benefits to membership. The Bones of a Gravity Fed: 12 Gauge exterior skin and interior cook chamber. In this video we find out how well the header system evenly distributes the heat through out the cooking chamber. It is a blend of things that I have personally found to make for a more consistent product. You could put a lot of meat in there. Balance will be due upon completion. The first cook, we used manual controls and it was easy to hold a steady temperature. Grease trap. This site is brought to you by readers like you who support us with their membership in our Pitmaster Club. I used to do the "FauxCambro" or FTC (foil-towel-cooler) method where you use a dry, warm cooler as a hot holding box. Delivery possible. 2" thick Roxul insulation in all doors and lining inside exterior walls. BBQ Smoker and Grill Accessories. I have the baby wish I would have gone with the baby xl but you can't go wrong with a Stumps smoker. Another gratuitous shot of burnt ends because they are that good. I don't need the volume so I just use my BGE when I want to cook with charcoal and I have a Karubeque for burning sticks. Ramsay eagerly provides "security" while we process the briskets and pork butts. I've used the Fatboy in competition and to feed the masses with our bbq truck. Are there other options I should consider? Thanks! No Point - The point on my brisket was the thinnest I have ever experienced. Cook for the whole family with the Old Country BBQ Pits Insulated Gravity Fed Charcoal Smoker. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. Then moving the kamados back to our decks. Like you say, they emphasize "insulated" designs and and less coal usage, which means the air flow is not the same and you have two different beasts. Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. A 1,082-square-inch cooking surface supplies room to prepare your meals, and the fully insulated chamber traps in heat for up to 12 hours. Deepsouth is more than that. This has zero impact on the price you pay but helps support the site. Applicable industries: Hotels, Manufacturing Plant, Food & Beverage Factory, Farms, Restaurant, Home Use, Retail, Food Shop, Food &. More latches for tight seals. We extend this right to anyone, EU resident or not. We now only have to manage 1 fire instead of 4. The standard grates are expanded metal but we went with the stainless rounded bar upgrade. superior fire and smoke profile (and the others are already really good). May 28, 2018. We will contact you the next business day; please make sure your contact info is correct. Everything will eventually rust and breakdown, but this will last a long time before that happens. The original patented reverse airflow smoker. Thanks for looking. You combine American-made craftsmanship with world-class innovation. When the briskets were over 160f I wrapped them in foil, with a small amount of beef stock (about 1/3rd cup) and some dried onion (maybe 1 tablespoon). Whenever I'm smoking two butts or two briskets, I play this game in my head that they are racing, and I watch the difference in internal temperature as they cook. If you have business or technical issues, please contact us with this email form. oh- and I would do gravity fed over any of the others for sure. Gravity Fed Smoker Build Stumps Clone Smoking Meat April 17th, 2019 - I completed my first smoker I was inspired by the Stumps Smoker though I don t want to say clone I . I've cooked on Deep South, Assassin, Superior, and they all have some form of temp variance in certain locations. The Bones of a Gravity Fed: 12 Gauge exterior skin and interior cook chamber. I had a Rebel 23which is now the Assassin. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. *Shipping is quoted and charged separately due to the large size and weight. The LSG conventional model has a fill port at the top and a built in water pan. The key is to run chunks under the fire grate with the gravity feed smokers where you can get the wood chunks to fully ignite giving it that clean . I likethe KBQa lot but a whole other animal to a GF cabinet. This cooker was custom made for Deep Smoke BBQ competition team. Is he still offering it? About 10 days ago, I got a text from my friend, Kim, letting me know she was at a store that had whole brisket for sale about $3 less per pound than the local going rate. It goes the extra mile to provide even cooking temperatures. I want a large one (40+ pork butts at once). It has insulated cooking and firebox chambers, making it extremely efficient. This pit is a gravity-fed smoker, meaning the heat is indirect. The weight is approx. It is a gravity fed, insulated box smoker which basically means long burn times, steady temperatures, and clean smoke. The Flame Boss 300 does everything the Flame Boss 200 did but it tracks and reports 3 meats at once! Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. I lit the cooker and turned on the Flame Boss at midnight. Gravity Fed Smokers. Shop the Myron Mixon collection and find the right smoker for you, including Gravity Smokers, H2O Water Smokers, premium BARQ Pellet Smokers. Once completed they are thoroughly inspected by the fabricators and Randall. Took a long time to change temps, and you had to keep an eye on the chute with big chunks, but it was pretty easy to let the temp controller run it . I love my Deep South Smoker GC42It's large enough I can cook an entire contest on a single smoker or is large enough for me to cook multiple meats for a family catering event. For each brisket cook where I split the point and flat prior to the cook, I will get 1 half-sized steam pan full of burnt ends and 1 half-sized steam pan of sliced brisket. Introduce big, bold flavor to your BBQ and grilling creations thanks to the Meatheads Amazing line of pork, red meat, and poultry rubs as well as a KC-style BBQ sauce. It's a modern machine that uses gravity's natural power to regulate its internal temp. I looked at three different SouthernQ smokers a week ago at a competition and they are well built and the owners love them. Even though we aren't putting food directly on the grates, these don't stick to food as much as expanded metal does and they are easier to clean well. JavaScript is disabled. . I am thinking about a gravity feed smoker and I am considering either the Deep South or Southern Q smokers. Rechargeable Battery Pack 12V - $49.99. You can always put a restaurant pan in there but youd have to fill it up at some point. 1am - I put the larger brisket flat on the smoker an hour early because it was so much bigger. Stumps are great smokers. Gravity Fed BBQ Smokers - Custom Offset Smokers - Grills - Fire Pits - Competition Smokers - Fully Insulated Gravity Feed Smoker. Details. Now whenever I want to fortify a soup, make a gravy, or just want some beef jus, I just thaw them out. Gravity Feed, Double Pan Smoker Plans with Surface Mounted Doors and 28x25 Cooking Racks. Then try the Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker - the best gravity-fed Smoker! One of the brisket flats before wrapping. SmokingMeatForums.com is a community of barbecue and outdoor cooking enthusiasts dedicated to smoking meat. Once they hit 200f, I check them for tenderness about every 30 minutes by sticking them with a thermometer probe to see how tight or loose the meat is. By the time I got there, there was only a single brisket left and it weighed in at 12.3 pounds. Boat hull id: SMK73780I223, Has hull id: Yes, Length: 18'11 ft, Length overall: 18'11 ft, Beam: 8 ft, Engines: 1 I was very pleased with the results as the . How is there not high radiant heat under the lower racks in a vertical? Selling price is $3900 Smoker is located in western Ky. By the time your cooker leaves the Deep South shop, it has been touched by all of us and takes a piece of us with it. Official live stream channel of Taipei Travel Department of Information and Tourism, Taipei City Government-Official live stream channel of Taipei Travel In Taipei, everywhere you go is full of . We build top of the line, gravity fed barbecue smokers for the serious pitmaster. That is taking out the inserts, moving 4 wooden crates, moving the 180+ lb kamado from our decks to a trailer, putting the stuff back in. 2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. Be it in your backyard or. The Universal kit comes with a 15cfm fan. Please check out my two books from Ulysses Press: Here is the sliced flat from the smaller of the two briskets. Nice and flexible but the slice doesn't fall apart from its own weight, just about perfectly cooked for me. Gravity-fed smoker. I would add that water pans, raising the humidity in your cooker, also helps get the fuel energy transferred to your meat. It is called gravity-fed because the charcoal is in a narrow stack in a chute on the right, and it is self-fueling as the coal burns at the bottom of the chute. I think if you're burning coals at the same rate and your air flow is the same, both those approaches are essentially similar and it comes down to if a gravity-fed has more coals so can be left unattended longer. Scotch: Current favorite- The Arran (anything by them), Glenmorangie 12yr Lasanta, sherry cask finished. Maker of Competition BBQ gravity feed charcoal and water pan smokers. Any thoughts on looking at Stumps, very similar in $. It's between that and the Deep South smoker. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. Made in USA: yes. 25 Pages Long Fully detailed and dimensioned! The plans are 25 Pages Long, Fully detailed, and dimensioned! Item Price: $ 4195.00. I'm personally a Stumps guy. The food I had of SGH's vault was spectacular and it cranked out hundreds of pounds of food all day and night. The larger of the two brisket flats, smoked, sliced and ready to pack up. The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. This gives me a ton of smoky, delicious au jus. . I added a. Anyone have the rotisserie kit for a MB gravity smoker? In my opinion, Deep South Smokers makes the nicest vertical GF on the market. The RGC is a slimmed down version of the GC28. Each one of our smokers are hand crafted by a small team of very talented fabricators thatpour their hearts into each piece they create. I also greatly appreciate Paige Thompson (, This was a major purchase that I spent months contemplating and I am 100% happy that I pulled the trigger, no regrets. If you have any questions, leave me a comment. I've been looking into a GF smoker so I can hit the competition circuit. The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. Toggle clamp latches at the top and bottom of chamber doors as well as fire box and charcoal chute. We weren't building boxes this particular weekend but I cut the brisket down like it was. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. We are all a bunch of folks cooking ribs in parking lots. SouthernQ gravity feed charcoal smokers Never use another, top notch staff and customer service. Whiskey: Buffalo Trace, E.H. Taylor, Blanton's, Old Forester 1870, Elijah Craig Toasted, Basil Hayden's. Our cookers aren't mass produced and we do not have a production line. I first got interested in this type of cooker because Larry of Big Dude's Eclectic . Also another face now that I look at it. My cookers can have as much as 20-30 degrees variance in the cooker from right to left/ top to bottom / front to back, etc. I know teams are winning with both. I like the concept because it lets me load the chute with charcoal and then add wood chunks or cubes to the . - Could be pursuaded to ship the smoker for a fee. Need the space ASAP. Looks like deepsouthsmokers.com is safe and legit. Like the kamado grills I've been using, the Deep South is a closed environment that burns very efficiently. These two butts were only 1/10th of a degree apart after about 6 hours; it was a nail-biter, haha. Those videos are a couple of years old. Up your grill game with the Gravity Feed Smoker. I've pretty much decided on a Stumps. the park is deep with local plants and trees. Enjoy award-winning BBQ even if you're just in your own backyard with the Myron Mixon Gravity Feed Smoker. Click here to read our complete review. Daring drops, turns, and twisting spirals await when you make a splash at Tidal Cove! You are using an out of date browser. Gordon Food Services got a case of prime briskets in by mistake, I was glad to take some of them off of their hands. We go a step further. This should also help you light a gravity smoker easily. We are proud to have Flame Boss as an equipment sponsor. We have hands-on experience testing this product. How To Use Your Gravity Feed Grills Charcoal Smoker For Cooking Meat & Fish. Plus, the DSS family is the best! The Patio. Its by far the most fuel efficient Gravity Feed Smoker Ive ever owned, as well as the consistent temps top to bottom makes it almost like an oven. Tow loop so you can connect a winch to pull the smoker up onto a trailer. Usually, the heat source will be off the side, and gravity works its magic to pull the heat where it needs to go. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. When I talked to Scott at Deepsouth last week he didn't say anything about a TNT model. (3) For the advanced user, build the components of a custom Guru Control kit. BBQ Smokers Cooker Bbq Grills Deep South Smokers April 18th, 2019 - Deep South Smokers The Grand Champion of Competiton BBQ Smokers Custom BBQ Smoker Features No body filler . Mag wheels. They will use more charcoal than a kamado (mass market gravity feeds will add well) but unlike a kamado, you can bring the temperature down pretty quickly, so it works well for smoking meat and then holding it at a lower temperature. We have run it for 24 hours straight, twice, and run several overnight cooks on it. The Deep South Smoker is a gravity-fed pit, meaning that there is a vertical chute of coal that slowly drops down into the firebox as it burns through the coal. You won't find a new Deepsouth or SouthernQ in that range. Tim's Full Belly Deli out of Wisconsin also has a SouthernQ Water Smoker. Visit us at www.deepsouthsmokers.com and Facebook/Instagram @DeepSouthSmokers I put them back in the smoker and let them braise until the briskets hit 200f. 1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. The DSS Patio model is made for just that, your patio! Whether I'm going to smoke on this Deep South Smokers or a Big Green Egg, I like to set the cooker up in advance so all I have to do in the early morning hours is light it. Once you have mastered your Gravity Feed Smoker; Using higher temps to facilitate faster cooks of beef, seafood or fish at a higher temperature is not a problem for your Gravity Feed Smoker. He took Tuffy Stone's class early this Spring and we're obviously going to bring a lot of that into our competition processes. The fan from the universal kit is a 15cfm fan and attaches to the Deep South Smokers GC36 with a simple bushing. If you are looking for an efficient cooker, the gravity fed is for you! The Deep South Smoker has a smaller footprint than the, Not really a functional feature but you get to pick whatever color you want. Gravity feed in the 4K range, that's a lot of em. I froze the jus in silicone ice trays (dedicated for this purpose so you don't get brisket tasting ice cubes) and then saved the jus cubes in a zip bag. Doing 4 racks for competition in a kamado smoker required me to shuffle each rack of ribs onto or off of the Adjustable Rigs. Think that you can only use BBQ Guru at home - No Longer! I understand the concept of how the charcoal feeds down into the smoker. I lowered the cooking temperature by 15 degrees (from 290 to 275f) to allow for a longer smoking period. For more about our privacy promise, code of ethics, terms of service, and how we operate to insure you unbiased info, click here to read the Terms of Service. 2" x 2" steel tube frame. Looking @ the XL Stretch or the Stretchmy mind tells me get the XL Stretch and be done. For a gravity fed cooker in that range look at the Rebel, Assassin or Superior cookers. Love the smoker but upgraded to a Deep South GC36. Deep South Smokers from Cumming, GA produced this smoker. All these are super cool. I have read that the verticals can get anywhere from 10-18+ hours on a full pan of charcoal. If you are looking for an efficient cooker, the gravity fed is for you! Price dropped to $3850 for everything! Ill do some research on these. Keep the cubed on a wood chunk little closer to the grate. So if this wasn't exactly what I wanted, what do I normally look for when buying a brisket? Smoker has upgraded wheels, upgraded racks and a BBQ Guru. Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our buy now links. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but I wasn't going to say no to a USDA Choice whole brisket for just $24. Brisket flat - I poured the au jus from the pack into the fat separator and put the whole flat back into the smoker with the burnt ends just long enough to reset the bark, about 10-15 minutes. I used my. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. The guy I bought my Shirley from sold it so he could get an Assassin 28. 4" insulation around charcoal chute/firebox and cook chamber wall. $7000 FIRM Located in Destin FL. I light my Deep South Smokers using a torch and going through the firebox to light the coal at the bottom of the gravity fed chute. Smoker is in excellent condition. That's the direction of cold smoking. So less energetic smokers (like electrically-powered ones) tend to come with water pans. Also, another manufacturer nobody has mentioned yet is Southern Q. I love my Stumps. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. This is why when you make the choice to add one of our cookers to your lineup you become part of our Deep South Family. A gravity feed smoker is a type of barbecue smoker that uses gravity to feed charcoal into the firebox. That is a way to tame hotspots, much like tuning plates on a offset smoker. The slide out trays and fireboxes are far superior to mass produced cabinet smokers. You can put an 8-10 pound bag of lump charcoal into the chute. I understand why so many of our competition friends like using Deep South Smokers. I am attracted to Stumps cookers. My research seems to show most use water when cooking l&s and either firebricks or sand when cooking h&fas we all know there are 15 different ways to skin it! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor at: Looking to get a gravity feed vertical smoker.Large capacity ..any input is greatly appreciated. But that is just my opinion. This is the top hatch door, where you load in the coal. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 2am - I put the other flat and two pork butts on after refreshing their rub and spritzing them with AJ. Our talented team of paid moderators will be with you shortly. Gravity Feed Smoker RFG-60. Here is the flat from one of them, they were pretty! The Balvenie Double Wood, also like Oban 18yr, and The Glenlivet Nadurra (Oloroso sherry cask finished) among others. But the vertical smokers you mention DON'T tend to run at the same air flow. The gravity fed's . This is the greatest set of Smoker Plans we have produced to date! The overall finished dimensions of this smoker not including the off road cart are approximately: 66 inches wide, by 34 inches deep, and 60 inches tall! Experience the countless benefits from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! (3) 16 1/2" x 23 1/2" expanded steel racks are standard, 4 spacing between racks (custom spacing available), 4 rack runners (can add more upon request), Patented heat distribution made of 3 x 6 steel tube, Exterior is 31 wide 50 deep 64 tall (with 8" wheels), Runtime is approximately 15 hours without having to be refilled at 225, A 25 CFM fan and draft control device is recommended, 12 Gauge exterior skin and interior cook chamber, 2 thick Roxul insulation in all doors and lining inside exterior walls, 4 insulation around charcoal chute/firebox and cook chamber wall, 1 steel pipe nipple on ash box door for air draft control device, 8 soft rubber, swivel, locking casters on front side, Fully welded rather than screws or rivets, Automotive paint with endless color options, Ash boxes are 8x8x12 with steel. Instead of the smoke rising upwards from the . It rebounds the heat quickly during the later hours of our competition schedule when we are opening the doors frequently for the ribs and chicken. The larger of the two briskets about to go back in the smoker to give it one last kiss of smoke and to reset the crust which gets soft during the braising and rest portions of the cook. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them. I think the only issue I see is the lack of a water pan in the Stumps. The maiden food voyage in this bad boy was 2 Certified Angus Beef briskets, 6 Smithfield Reserve pork butts, and a couple of birds. We have cooked 5 weekends in a row on this smoker and I would say we are completely happy with this purchase. We will contact you the next business day to confirm your online SMOKER order. Now we just roll out the Deep South Smoker - saving us about 8 hours per contest. [FTC Standard Disclaimer] We received no compensation for this post. Slice and place into a half-sized steam pan. The reality is that this is probably twice as much as I really need. Coat them lightly so there is just enough to cook onto the meat. This is the entrance to the firebox and the ball valve is what controls your air flow and temperatures. We require a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on any smoker to begin production. Traeger Pro Series 575 Gravity Feed Smokers. Set the temperature on the digital control panel or your smart device and the DigitalFan maintains the desired cooking temperature. If you haven't heard of them. Custom Dual Axle Pitmaker Trailer for sale. WARNING: California Proposition 65: Combustible by-products produced when using this product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. We will show you the basic concept of how a gravity fed barbecue smoker works! We have also gathered info from the manufacturer, owners and other reliable sources. South Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Up til now I've only competed with my reverse flow stickburner. 2" thick Roxul insulation in all doors and lining inside exterior walls. From 2 to 7:30am - I spritzed the meats and added a MojoBricks hickory Bar-B-Qube in the firebox about every hour. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This is the largest set of Gravity Feed smoker plans we have produced to date! Toggle clamp latches at the top and bottom of chamber doors as well as fire box and charcoal chute. Interior cook chamber is 24 x 24 x 30 " tall; Exterior measurements: 29 x 39 x 60 tall; 4 Racks that measure 23 " x 23 " 4 rack runners configured bottom to top at: 5.5, 5, 4, and 4" Hold about 12-15 lbs of charcoal. I love the quality of the build and how easy it is to run. . We rarely recommend products we haven't tested and we never recommend products that we don't love. DigiQ DX3 BBQ Temperature Control - Green - Custom Grill (8 FT Probes) -. The latch on the side and stove gasket (white part you see) keep an airtight seal. The 3 clamps tightly seal for your protection, and casters help you easily move the smoker when needed. So much so, that for the first time ever, I decided not to smoke it for burnt ends and threw it in the grind pile instead. Allow us to introduce our brand new LIMITED EDITION Flames DigiQ DX3! Au jus - The wrapped flats and braised burnt end packages will have a good bet of stock and rendered fat. I'm not ashamed to admit that I use the "Texas-crutch" more often than not when I'm smoking briskets. I pulled the second flat (and pork butts) at 11:30am when it was an internal temperature of 208f. SMF is reader-supported. Awards and . Couple Interesting Welding Projects (Dialog & Pics), Superior Smokers SS-2 Gravity Fed Smoker with extras for sale, For Sale Gravity Fed Smoker Dual Chamber on trailer, Spicy CI Grilled Deep Dish Meatball Lasagna (Pics), Another spit-roasted prime chuck shoulder, Chicago Inspired Italian Beef Pull-apart Ring (TD entry). http://www.deepsouthsmokers.com/gc-series.html, http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1197918/ot-it-aint-an-egg-but#latest. My sauce was 1 1/2 cups Blues Hog Original, 1/2 cup Blues Hot Smokey Mountain Sauce and 1/2 cup apple juice. [FTC Standard Disclaimer] We received no compensation for this post. Call For Availability: 888-223-6118 Get Details. The arguements about gas vs wood, bbqed vs. grilled, offset vs. gravity feed, judges vs. cooks, none of it actually matters. (Will depend on type and size) Seasoning some racks of ribs, didn't want those briskets to be lonely. As each item finished, I put them in a hotbox (I like Cambro UPC 300) that I preheated by pouring a pot of boiling water in a hotel pan on the bottom rack. The Science Behind Gravity-Fed Smokers. I chose to match our trailer and went with Victory Red (a General Motors color). Nations largest seller of BBQ Porch Trailers for Catering and Vending. Notice the square metal tube at the bottom, which is the exhaust piping from the fire box. I time-shifted the whole thing to shoot for a 3-4pm finish time. Sale price. I had an idea this time that I came up with from a similar process that I do with pesto. 1 " steel pipe nipple on ash box door for air draft control device . People often ask how this gravity fed smoker works so I thought I would do the nickel tour. Smithfield and Certified Angus Beef are both sponsors as well. For a given ambient temperature, that will get your meat to final serving temperature quicker. You will receive an email from us within 24 hrs to verify your order. G20 Gravity Feed Smoker. The big shelves on the Deep South Smokers GC36 lets me use sheet pans which saves a lot of time. But less time in the smoke also means less smoke flavor, all other things being equal. This smoker is amazing if you cook a lot of dishes at once. Start by filling the chute with the charcoal and then put these Weber cubes underneath the grate. These were meant for use at competitions and are designed, built, and priced accordingly. The SouthernQ Limo starts at $3800 and the Limo Elite is around $4300. $3,345.00. In Georgia and willing to meet for delivery. While the size is the same as the Patio, the small changes that make it a perfect for the backyard AND Backyard competition cook. You must log in or register to reply here. Its among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. I have a Southern Q gravity feed insulated smoker with 4 racks. . With sizes ranging in capacity of only a couple of butts to 100+ butts, we have a gravity feed for you. 0 . Racks are approximately 26-1/2" x 25". Top hatch shown open for loading. Our Gravity Smoker works hard so that you don't have to, for food that's as consistent as it is delicious.