As a Civil Engineer, I have managed large projects from planning, through design, bidding , and ultimately construction inspection. Carrolltons greatest asset is the quality of life it affords its diverse residents. We are increasingly diverse. We extend from 635 in the south to 121 in the North. How do we maintain the roads, waterlines, etc. These community development services have multiple services within them that focus on specific target needs. I will support code enforcement efforts to ensure that properties are maintained and preserved. Carrollton has very limited vaccination sites, and they are not equipped to handle the volume of vaccines needed. Many charter schools have a specific focus such as STEM or fine arts. I moved here to raise my family in a safe environment with excellent schools and I want to ensure that public safety is a top priority to keep Carrollton a safe and thriving community. awreese0501.wixsite.com/website, Twitter: Have the latest local news delivered to your inbox so you are always up to date. Answer not available, Age: Carrollton City Council Place 1: Covers northeast section of the city Sem Habtemariam Sammy Isaiah Steve Babick (incumbent and Mayor Pro Tem) Place 5: Covers northwest section of the city. 41, Address: Carrollton needs public and private investment in new business, infrastructure, housing and services to ensure continued growth. What I believe public schools offer over charter schools is an education to a much greater diverse population. [1] Federal officials The current members of the U.S. Senate from Texas are: To view a map of U.S. House districts in Texas and find your representative, click here . I would like to see Carrollton balance consideration of best practices by other cities while embracing innovation that will set it apart from its surrounding areas. P.O. Much of Carrolltons capital funds projects can be funded without burdening the taxpayers. Get the latest Little Elm sports delivered to your inbox every week. I would recommend pursuing appropriate growth of and consideration of enhancements to existing green belt trails and the green belt in general. From 2011 to 2020, I served on the Board of Directors for Country Place HOA in Carrollton. In order to attract new business to our community, one priority is workforce development. To stay informed on candidates for the May 6 election, visit the City of Carrolltons election page. Hebron High School offers many Career Center Vocational programs, many advanced level courses, multiple dual credit classes, and several graduation endorsements. The Capital Improvement Projects Advisory Committee is a group of citizens appointed by Council and they contribute by reviewing and providing input on infrastructure needs for the City and making suggestions to Council for future bond programs. I have lived, worked, raised two children, worshipped, volunteered, and played in Carrollton since 1988. I have lived in Carrollton for over a decade. Accordingly, I think condos and townhomes are an integral part of growing Carrollton and attracting millennials, who now account for almost half of homebuyers. During the election, Carrollton residents will. We are Carrollton! There are options for transportation available through DCTA. We as a country are NOT, in fact, post-racial; all of the systems and ecosystems of our society that are often influenced by government education, criminal justice and the law, politics, health care, etc. www.facebook.com/ShaniForPlace5, Twitter: The needs of those often on the receiving end of these disparities are also most often not involved in the process of government decision-making. As of March 30th, I have received $2,000 from friends and supporters. Create a password that only you will remember. The town government consists of a mayor and a five-member town council. As Area Engineer for Denton TxDOT, I was responsible for construction of a pedestrian bridge for UNT in Denton to be placed across IH 35E to provide access from older stadium to the new stadium. NOMINATE & VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE IN LITTLE ELM! All members of the Council are elected at-large and serve three-year staggered terms. Soon we will be able to travel to Plano and DFW airport easily via the Silver Line. I respect the past but have a vision for the future. Polter and Sung both currently serve on the council in Place 2 and Place 6, respectively. VotePalomo Campaign Paid for by the VotePalomo campaign, Treasurer Carolyn Benavides. To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left. These efforts to build community through programs and services that build positive resident-officer relationships have not reached a desired level of community engagement in these efforts. Select candidates from the list below to compare their answers to our questionnaire: Log in to add candidates to your sample ballot, Age: I am a problem-solver with the ability to communicate on tough issues and get the parties together to resolve problems. In discussing this with a council member, he suggested that cultural training for all city departments is being discussed. We need to manage our current debt before taking on new debt. TUESDAY 7am-7pm, https://www.dallascountyvotes.org/upcoming-election-information/, https://www.votedenton.gov/upcoming-election-information/. votenancycline.com, Age: As a CFBISD board member, we sought interested voters that represented minority populations to seek office on the Board and after adopting cumulative voting, we observed it accomplished the desired results. To lead and act with equity-mindedness requires resources to be distributed to public schools with the most need, and resources not necessarily be determined by the tax base of the immediate surrounding area. I am self funded, with my two largest contributors being HNTB PAC, and Henry Billingsley. IMPORTANT: All entities will ask for identification information of the deceased individual which may include: Carrollton is a city in Dallas, Denton, and Collin counties in the U.S. state of Texas. May 1 Election Guide: What Denton County voters should know Get the latest Celina sports delivered to your inbox every week. Several miles of IH 35 E would be closed early on a Friday night and stay closed all night long and re-open Saturday morning. The schedule for the freeway closure was communicated to the public and UNT in particular. 8/1/22 Carrollton City Council 6 months ago 56 views 7/11/22 City of Carrollton City Council 7 months ago 76 views 6/6/22 City of Carrollton City Council Meeting 8 months ago 89 views 5/2/22 City of Carrollton City Council 9 months ago 97 views 3/7/22 Carrollton City Council Meeting . While Area Engineer at TxDOT, I managed over $540 million in construction projects, including FM 423, FM 720, SH 114, US 380, FM 156, IH 35W frontage roads, FM 407, FM 2499, FM 2181 and many others. I believe families should be able to choose what option is best for their family members and their needs. We had very slow internet, and we wanted high speed internet. I will bring my leadership and management experience and apply my Christian values to the role to ensure our city remains a wonderful place to work and live. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism That said, I dont think additional - or certainly as many - charter schools are needed if and when such considerations are enacted, including curriculum and instruction (inclusive of extracurricular activities) are responsive to the students and families being served, keeping community engagement as a priority. Much of the infrastructure is approaching the end of its design life. City Council Meeting 6:00 PM. We need to scrutinize the policies and amenities currently in place to assure they are balanced and diverse. I will attend Chamber events and participate in other opportunities to promote the family friendly, welcoming nature and benefits of Carrollton. I have managed to raise money from over 80 friends and family. For Carrollton City Council. Effective 8-9-2022 Dumpster Ordinance 2022-1415. . All fifty-four owners had to give us the keys to let workers in to do their installation, and my neighbors trusted me enough with the responsibility to let the workers in, keeping the condominiums and their residents safe. City Council . Concrete was ordered from batch plants which were open all night for this project and the concrete deck was poured while continuing inspection and testing all night. An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account. District officials and our city government should collaborate to better serve all of Carrollton. However, construction considerations must take into account the perspectives of the citizens in the surrounding areas. This will help to cultivate a sense of pride and ownership in the residents of the community, adding value to the City of Carrollton overall. I ask you for your prayers, support, and vote this May 6th. I would ask about training that City staff receives and whether it includes diversity training along with training for working with people with special mental health or physical health needs. Get the latest Coppell sports delivered to your inbox every week. In addition, we need affordable housing for lower income folks. These approaches would certainly attract residents and business owners who value these efforts, and the City would be primed to support such growth by the increased tax base, while balancing innovative ways for single and multi-family communities to perhaps first coexist and then thrive. Carrollton is one of the safest cities in North Texas and in great part because of the constant effort by our police force's community policing policy. Public schools also provide for greater social and athletic opportunities. We are an incredibly safe city. Answer not available, Campaign or Work Phone Number: This showing of community and support of the Black Lives Matter movement is just one of the tools and techniques that moves us past limiting factors like denial, guilt, shame, and blame to understand and acknowledge the hurt and loss and crisis felt with racial injustice. The project was seamlessly and successfully completed early the next morning and the freeway was re-opened to traffic without any problems due to the well-orchestrated plan.