There are single points of access and egress on each end, with no intermediate entrances or exits. (opens in a new window) Orange County, State Route 73, State Route 133, State Route 241 and State Route 261. The express toll lanes operate from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and are free on weekends and overnight (from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.). This 18-mile toll road connects Anaheim in Orange County to Corona, as part of the Riverside Freeway. To request a new sticker transponder, log in to your account, select Transponders and Request Transponder. The second solution was peppermint spray around where I park. (opens in a new window) Orange County, 91 Express Lanes. Motorcycle sticker transponders are available for free by calling our Customer Service Call Center at (949) 727-4800. To order a new transponder, log in to your account online or via The Toll Roads app, select "Transponders" and click "Replace"next to the transponder you wish to replace. With the $40 per violation subtracted, the motorist would only owe $960 instead of $1,810 of 91 Express Lanes toll . By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Select "Transponders" and "Deactivate" the appropriate transponder. I drive a motorcycle, do I have to pay a toll? Motorcycle sticker transponders are available for free by calling our Customer Service Call Center at (949) 727-4800. Motorists should indicate the number of . Store, Click here to read our Privacy Policy (PDF). Doing some good. Please review your recent toll road activity. Why one international organization is joining the fight. How do I request additional transponders? See below for detailed instructions. Of that money, $40 million will be for forgiven penalties. The first time the vehicle drives The Toll Roads with the sticker adhered to the windshield, electronic tolling equipment will associate the unique sticker transponder identification number with the vehicle's license plate. The toll rate schedule is adjusted quarterly. Those with disabled plates can indeed go free westbound, said Joel. If you dont, you will receive a violation notice in the mail, which means you will have to pay a fine of $57.50, plus the original toll. If you want to get more transponders, visit the customer service center or log into your account on the TCAs website and select Transponders. They are free. I understand that you can use either on any of the Toll Roads in California but is there a advantage of one or the other? The 91 express lanes appear before any signs of the regular CA 91 West. TCA is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping you informed. Please note, some tolling agencies in California offer discounted rates or free rides to carpooling and/or high occupancy vehicles. Los Angeles County, Interstate 10 and Interstate 110. Riders with a hardcase FasTrak transponder should mount it to the motorcycle's windscreen or keep it in a secure location, like in a pouch or your clothing pocket. Copyright 2023 Transportation Corridor Agencies. pass. Why do I need a transponder when you can read my license plate to pay tolls? Learn more about FasTrak. Select "Transponders" and "Deactivate"the appropriate transponder. Information about driving a rental vehicle on The Toll Roads, Account License Agreement Tyson Fisher joined Land Line Magazine in March 2014. And no, you wont be charged twice if you have both a hard-case and a sticker transponder on your car. More information on carpooling with FasTrak. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) Governor Bill Lee is laying the groundwork to modernize Tennessees roads and is pouring billions of dollars into the plan. But you're right, you will be forking over cash now to use . Express Lanes should be entered and exited through the dashed line only. If so, do I need to have a transponder to do so or can I just drive in the Express lane without one? But youre right, you will be forking over cash now to use those lanes with fewer than three people in your car, when you didnt have to in the past. And every car now must sport a license plate with unique numbers. Q: Whats the deal with those sticker transponders? Transponder: Required (FasTrak) HOV Status: 3+ receives 50% discount Cookie Notice A truck driver is asking a federal court in Michigan to reconsider its recent decision in a lawsuit regarding overtime pay. Volunteered at the OC Food and in Garden Grove today. A switchable transponder can be obtained by opening up an account with one of Californias other tolling agencies. I have an EV with a HOV sticker. Q: I read your column on rodent infestation in cars. There are no special EV discounts with The Toll Roads. Located in Riverside County California, the 91 Express Lanes is a major road facility. Those sticker transponders also wont have the switch, so keep the hard-case if you carpool on the 91 Express Lanes. They send me a notice of violation. If your hardcase transponder was issued prior to July 5, 2020, and doesnt beep, it may not be working properly. Toll-free travel for qualifying carpools and other eligible vehicles is often only available to drivers who have a switchable FasTrak transponder. Customer Service Walk-In Center TCA is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping you informed. Q: I got a FasTrak responder and was driving Interstate 880 around Fremont, where there were signs saying there was a toll for using the HOV lanes. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Click here to read our Privacy Policy (PDF) and learn how your information is collected, used, stored, shared and protected. 241/91 Express Connector; South County Traffic Relief; Environmental Commitment. Motorists can choose to ride the bus, carpool or pay a toll to use the Express Lanes as an alternative to the free general purpose lanes. Once the sticker transponder has been removed and deactivated, it can be disposed of. Rates vary based on when you are driving, how many sets of axles your car has and if you qualify for a discount. Additionally, those facilities may require a FasTrak hardcase switchable transponder to recieve discounts. (PDF). Copyright 2023 Transportation Corridor Agencies. To request a free replacement sticker transponder, log in to your account online or via The Toll Roads app, select "Transponders"and "Replace"the transponder. Remove the sticker from the windshield and deactivate the transponder by logging in to your account at TheTollRoads.com. If you need a new hard-case transponder, you can get it for $20 by logging into your account on the TCAs website and selecting Transponders.. Before driving The Toll Roads, add the vehicle's license plate number to your account temporarily. Yes. Due to processing and fulfillment delays, switchable FasTrak transponders are out of stock until September 2020. Copyright 2023 Transportation Corridor Agencies. If you dont trust technology, you can pay at the TCAs customer service center at 125 Pacifica, Suite 120, Irvine. AAA Member Credit Card You may be eligible to drive TOLL-FREE* for two weeks! Solo drivers should not enter the Express Lanes when "HOV Only" is displayed. Log in to your account, select "Transponders"and "Request Transponder.". To: Interchange between SR 91 and I-15 Thanks in advance. Drivers with sticker transponders pay the full toll regardless of eligibility. (PDF). Tolls are a way to pay for the road, while adding new capacity. Q: What happens if you dont pay your toll? Do I have to mount my FasTrak transponder on my windshield? Rhode Island is appealing a court ruling that ended the states truck-only tolls. A trucker has been awarded $500,000 after being unlawfully detained while making a 2019 delivery in California. They said drivers will still have the option to drive on general roadway, free of charge. Toll roads, unlike express lanes, are not just designed to manage congestion. Installation of new vertical channelizer posts on the northbound 241 Toll Road from the Windy Ridge Mainline Toll Point to State Route (SR) 91 is set to begin on February 10, 2022. 10/110 Metro ExpressLanes, Los Angeles County, Interstate 15 Express Lanes, San Diego County, State Route 125 South Bay Expressway, San Diego County, State Route 237 Express Lanes, Santa Clara Valley, Interstate 580 Express Lanes, Alameda County, Interstate 680 Southbound Express Lane, Alameda County, Interstate 680 Express Lanes, Contra Costa. Learn more at TheTollRoads.com. Its not a bad idea to keep your FasTrack tucked away so it cant be read when youre not in a toll lane. A: Ive heard about this noisy car for years. An award-winning journalist and tireless researcher, his news reports, features and blogs bring depth to our editorial content, backed with solid detail. For 91 Express Lanes, you can have a special EV account giving you free or 50% off tolls as described above. Why: Express Lanes increase roadway capacity and help manage congestion on Colorado highways by adding lanes that provide a choice to drivers. Route 91 Express Lanes: Orange/Riverside County Line: Highway 55: $10.45: $1.55: n/a: California: Eastern Trans. Solo drivers should not enter the Express Lanes when "HOV Only"is displayed. If you dont have a transponder, a camera will take a photo of your cars license plate and wait for you to pay online. Learn more at 91ExpressLanes.com. Carpools with two or more occupants, vanpools, Clean Air Vehicles, motorcycles and transit vehicles drive for free without a transponder. Can I use a transponder. FasTrak Accountholders Motorists who received toll penalties will have each penalty reduced to no more than $100 plus an additional $40 reduction. Customer Service Walk-In Center Anyway, If you get a 91 Express Lanes transponder ($40, though the transponder is "free" as those $40 get added to your account, which you can use on other toll roads like the 73), and ask them for a switchable transponder instead of a normal one, you can use it on your Tesla to get free access to the 91/110/10 express lanes, and any future . Weaving in and out of the Express Lanes and crossing the double white line could result in a violation and up to $1,000 fine. The project also will extend both the eastbound 91 outside . On State Route (SR) 91 in Orange County, CA, four express lanes (HOT) in the median of the 12-lane freeway make use of occupancy and variable pricing to ensure efficient flow of traffic and to maximize vehicle throughput and travel speeds. I-880 / SR 237 Express Lanes I-77 Express Lanes SR 91 Express Lanes Puerto Rico Colorado PR-22 Express Lanes I-25 Express Lanes Texas I-25 North Express Lanes I-10 Katy Tollway I-70 Mountain Express Lane I-635 TexPress Lanes US 36 Express Lanes I-820 North Tarrant Express Florida Utah (PDF). When driving those facilities with two transponders, the appropriate toll will be collected based on the settings on the switchable transponder if a discount is applicable. On the I-15 Express Lanes in San Diego, solo drivers must have a transponder properly mounted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.